#281 bondy

bondy

850 going for 900

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:29 pm

I'm just leaving home now, meeting the spongemeister later at the youff hostel near Fishgaurd.

See all you there.

Bondy.

Edited by bondy, 04 July 2008 - 02:30 pm.

#282 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:26 pm

QUOTE(jht @ Fri 4th Jul 2008, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello Tone got a new motor, hello Tone got a new motor, hello Tone got a new motor

Of course the original version of that song also included the line

"I keep tropical fish, in my underpants"

which might be quite apt looking at the forecast rotflmmfao.gif

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#283 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:54 pm

Is there much to see in stranraer at 03:30 in the morning rotflmmfao.gif thats me estimated time of gettin there huh.gif

will be a bit bog eyed at the skerries tongue.gif although dandy and minty are saying if its pissing down they are gonna skip the skerries ohmy.gif

ahh well may be watchin it on me lonesome *thinks to self "do my feet stink" *

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#284 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:26 pm

Me? I'm doing some major re-packing. Wet wet wet

Love the place!!

#285 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 04 July 2008 - 11:50 pm

Just gotta fit me new front sprock...wait 24 hours for it to dry, book ferret, pack, do a hoss tomato, plan me route, wash some pants and oil be right with yer.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#286 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:22 pm

tony & hutch arrived at chez Preedy (tonys mate in PortSkewett wales) at 5pm, a drowned cat arrived at 7pm, just ordering curry and about to start on the wine cool.gif

leaving at 07:30 for the ferry tomato

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#287 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• 1,736 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:32 pm

Wot we dun today.

First - no rain. Some cloudy bits and some sunshine and almost entirely dry roads around the Dingle Pensinsula. A hearty breakfast was consumed at Phil's and then we set out on the rideout about midday meeting up in the car park on the harbour in Dingle. Then on to leisurely coffee, cake, cake (did I mention cake?) and chowder overlooking the Blasket Islands. On up the coast a where some numpty dumped his bike. It was me. So the curse struck early and it is safe for you to come now Tony. Basically lack of attention on roads that I know, going into a tightening right hander too fast with everything scraping the road and then hitting a patch of loose gravel at the edge and sliding gracefully into a grassy patch before a wall. No damge to me, the lovely Syra is a bit sore and the bike unmarked. We were very lucky. We got up with help from Dandy and Bondy and others then travelled on, after a bit, completing the run, with lots of photo shots up the Conor Pass (where Bondy beat Dandy to the top), on for a refreshment stop at Brandon Pier and home. Just off out now for dinner in Ned's again. I was told some new people have arrived but I don't know who yet until we get up to the dinner. Really great day out with 19 bikes.

2001 TDM. 1990 Serow. 2004 DRZ400.  3 bikes, four cylinders. Who needs more?

Visit My Website

"Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare current" Horace.

"A Pint of Plain is Your Only Man"

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#288 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:39 pm

QUOTE(TeDeum @ Sun 6th Jul 2008, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wot we dun today.

First - no rain. Some cloudy bits and some sunshine and almost entirely dry roads around the Dingle Pensinsula. A hearty breakfast was consumed at Phil's and then we set out on the rideout about midday meeting up in the car park on the harbour in Dingle. Then on to leisurely coffee, cake, cake (did I mention cake?) and chowder overlooking the Blasket Islands. On up the coast a where some numpty dumped his bike. It was me. So the curse struck early and it is safe for you to come now Tony. Basically lack of attention on roads that I know, going into a tightening right hander too fast with everything scraping the road and then hitting a patch of loose gravel at the edge and sliding gracefully into a grassy patch before a wall. No damge to me, the lovely Syra is a bit sore and the bike unmarked. We were very lucky. We got up with help from Dandy and Bondy and others then travelled on, after a bit, completing the run, with lots of photo shots up the Conor Pass (where Bondy beat Dandy to the top), on for a refreshment stop at Brandon Pier and home. Just off out now for dinner in Ned's again. I was told some new people have arrived but I don't know who yet until we get up to the dinner. Really great day out with 19 bikes.

Wheres the PICTURES

Edited by TDMTAM, 07 July 2008 - 08:52 am.

2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#289 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:39 pm

I'm green with envy..........have a good trip & post lots of pics good.gif
(not really green, but lots of shades of purple & yellow at the moment)
I managed to get me leg over the Trumpet this afternoon, but can't lift me right arm up high enough for the bars blush.gif
Off to the fracture clinic in the morning, so I should know how long it'll be before im in the saddle again
Got the september G2G in me diary though yeahyeahyeah.gif

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#290 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• 1,736 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:22 pm

QUOTE(TDMTAM @ Sun 6th Jul 2008, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wheres the PICTURES
Hartside has a hard-drive full of them and I saw loads of other shots taken. I took no camera with me and it seems I am the only one with internet access until Tony arrives.
QUOTE(sidestand @ Sun 6th Jul 2008, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm green with envy..........have a good trip & post lots of pics good.gif (not really green, but lots of shades of purple & yellow at the moment)I managed to get me leg over the Trumpet this afternoon, but can't lift me right arm up high enough for the bars blush.gif Off to the fracture clinic in the morning, so I should know how long it'll be before im in the saddle againGot the september G2G in me diary though yeahyeahyeah.gif
Get fit and get to Bellingham!

Visit My Website

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#291 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:08 pm

I can add that the strm (force 8-9 + torrential rain)forecast for Saturday never materialised - the Holyhead to Dun Laoghaire crossing was blissful and the ride across Ireland (guided by Paddy 900) was excellent with only a few spots of the wet stuff. The weather yesterday was a treat and the ride round the Peninsula, inc. views and food, exceptional. Pics asap - no means to download at present, sadly. Conditions set to improve further after a cloudy (but dry) day today.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#292 Guest_Pantboy_*

Guest_Pantboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:16 pm

QUOTE(Pict @ Mon 7th Jul 2008, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can add that the strm (force 8-9 + torrential rain)forecast for Saturday never materialised - the Holyhead to Dun Laoghaire crossing was blissful and the ride across Ireland (guided by Paddy 900) was excellent with only a few spots of the wet stuff. The weather yesterday was a treat and the ride round the Peninsula, inc. views and food, exceptional. Pics asap - no means to download at present, sadly. Conditions set to improve further after a cloudy (but dry) day today.

hope you remembered the memory card this time tongue.gif

#293 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:03 pm

QUOTE(Pantboy @ Mon 7th Jul 2008, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hope you remembered the memory card this time tongue.gif

ohh the irony of it all rotflmmfao.gif

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#294 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:52 pm

I'm hoff, see thee all tomato with any luck!
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#295 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• 1,736 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:33 pm

Wot we dun today II.

Actually I'm too tired to post anything sensible tonight except to say that, for the ones who managed to make the early start, we had a fantastic rideout (9 hours actually riding) around County Clare including a group shot in front of the Father Ted House with some amazing varied roads and, for some, unintentional greenlaning, and two punctures. Tony, Hutch, Catsbum and Dances arrived this evening. Tony's engine is leaking oil! Hopefully some pics may be posted tomorrow. I'm off to bed and will need a holiday after this week.

Visit My Website

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#296 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:36 am

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Mon 7th Jul 2008, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ohh the irony of it all rotflmmfao.gif

tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif sleep.gif

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#297 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:06 pm

this was first thing this morning dry.gif

a little wet by all dryed out by 11am and sunny for the rest of it good.gif
a great day cool.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#298 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• 1,736 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:56 am

Wot we dun yesterday.

First a carpe record was created when the first cake stop was 4 miles from the start of the rideout.

Then onto the Ring of Kerry which was great for the first half from Killorglin down to Waterville with fast roads and nice bendy bits. After lunch the rain started and continued torrentially for the rest of the rideout. This, combined with probably the worst surfaces on roads I have seen in Ireland, made the progress slow and not much fun - there was a lot of back wheels going walkabout and there were only glimpses of the scenary for which this road is famous through the rain and mist. From Sneem some went the faster sweeping road to Moll's Gap and then down to Kenmare (this road can become an addiction) while the rest took the scenic southern route. The thought of wonderful chocolate cake in Kenmare made the weather bearable. When we got there the cafe was closed so we ripped home the quick way.

The night in Ned's was a riot with the highlight possibly being Bondy dancing and singing (?) on his chair. A lot of pics were taken. Some of them might even be suitable for posting. Then there was some 'afters' in the hostel. Guinness shares should be up today anyway.

Today is a rest day - and some will need it after last night.

If even half the pics that have been taken this week are uploaded then Photobucket will crash.

Edited by TeDeum, 11 July 2008 - 10:00 am.

Visit My Website

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#299 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• 3,502 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:14 am

Chris,

it sounds great apart from the rain.

Wish I was still over-there, I've been following the gangs exploits and it sounds a right Laugh.

Last night the misses asked why I did not stay longer..... unsure.gif ( are me snorings that bad ?? )

Alright for next year then.. good.gif

Have a pint for me on the last night

Cheers, Ivan

(ps, the tyre is still at 40 psi, good repair that garage of yours did.)
I'm a TDM SNOB !!!!     "Adventure before Dementia"  

Kawasaki GT550, XJ900 Diversion, 2002 TDM 900 , 2008 TDM 900a, 2010 TDM 900a.

#300 Guest_Paddy900_*

Guest_Paddy900_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2008 - 04:08 pm

QUOTE(TeDeum @ Fri 11th Jul 2008, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wot we dun yesterday.

First a carpe record was created when the first cake stop was 4 miles from the start of the rideout.

I see chrisg with his hand up is he auditioning for the new role of Oliver.

"Please sir can i have some more" rotflmmfao.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users