#1 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:16 pm

This is the original posting that has the dates and the venue link taken from another RTT09 thread.

Guinness set the RTT dates in stone a few months ago as July 4th to 11th. The Motocamp runs their rentals of caravans or cabins Saturday to Saturday and I suppose this doesn't matter for the camping. For anyone who missed the earlier threads (about a week after RTT08 I think!) this place is run by a Dutch couple of bikers for bikers in an amazing part of France. I talked to them and they offered us discounts for a group booking and would have ridesout planned for us as well as a list of other places worth a visit. They have a restaurant on site and a bar that stays open as long as anybody is standing. They organise music nights with local rock bands. There is the added pleasure of the drive down and back from the channel enjoying a Routier lunch or two!

And this is my first posting in this thread.

A stormy, wet afternoon in Kerry was spent by Mrs TeDeum booking the ferries to and from from France for the RTT09 trip. Since there is almost no competition for ferries between Ireland and France the prices are quite interesting and, it seems, a lot of other Irish people were doing the same as she saw quotes being withdrawn from one company while she was getting a quote from another. Not a problem to you people who will be going out from England where you have a riches of ferry operators and routes. If we had chosen to have the RTT in June or late August out prices would have been 30% of what we had to pay for July.

If ferries are being booked this far in advance perhaps it is time to get a list of those who think they will be going to the Dordogne then maybe we can get a discount from Motocamp. For ferry discounts it seems that you need a group of ten travelling together, at least from the ferry companies that Mrs TeDeum investigated.

So far I think we have Catsbum, Dandy, Marky Mark and Mrs Marky Mark, as well as TeDeum and Mrs TeDeum. I have probably missed some and I know others have shown interest but I think it is time to get serious! If you think you are going can you add your names so we can get an idea of numbers?

Edited by TeDeum, 14 February 2009 - 02:15 pm.

2001 TDM. 1990 Serow. 2004 DRZ400.  3 bikes, four cylinders. Who needs more?

Visit My Website

"Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare current" Horace.

"A Pint of Plain is Your Only Man"

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#2 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:51 pm

QUOTE(TeDeum @ Sun 11th Jan 2009, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A stormy, wet afternoon in Kerry was spent by Mrs TeDeum booking the ferries to and from from France for the RTT09 trip. Since there is almost no competition for ferries between Ireland and France the prices are quite interesting and, it seems, a lot of other Irish people were doing the same as she saw quotes being withdrawn from one company while she was getting a quote from another. Not a problem to you people who will be going out from England where you have a riches of ferry operators and routes. If we had chosen to have the RTT in June or late August out prices would have been 30% of what we had to pay for July.

If ferries are being booked this far in advance perhaps it is time to get a list of those who think they will be going to the Dordogne then maybe we can get a discount from Motocamp. For ferry discounts it seems that you need a group of ten travelling together, at least from the ferry companies that Mrs TeDeum investigated.

So far I think we have Catsbum, Dandy, Marky Mark and Mrs Marky Mark, as well as TeDeum and Mrs TeDeum. I have probably missed some and I know others have shown interest but I think it is time to get serious! If you think you are going can you add your names so we can get an idea of numbers?

Looking at ferries as we speak Chris - probably Norfolk lines with the Bongo/trailer and back P & O from Bilbao

PS - pishing here too................

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#3 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:55 pm

I have already booked the Portsmouth - Santander
Not sure which way I will be returning though
Le-Havre or Bilbao. dry.gif

Will give you dates for the Campsite when I can be bothered to open the file up!

#4 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,912 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:37 am

I'm not sure I'll be able to afford to take the family on holiday to Europe this year, so it'll be more than my life is worth to go on a biking holiday to Europe on my own punishment.gif . Of course, if my circumstances or marital status change between now and then, I'll be there rolleyes.gif .

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#5 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:39 am

My good intentions are wavering - much as I'd like to go, family and financial issues are beginning to encroach.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#6 aircooled68

aircooled68

RTT11 Wales manager

• 1,581 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:55 pm

Hi

i'm still on for this... now booked

Outbound Sun 5th sailing at 16.00 plymouth - Santander

Inbound Sat 11th Cherbourg/Poole

£123.50

Dave

ps.... any members in the plymouth area got any good camp site's they could recomend for the sat night

Edited by aircooled68, 18 January 2009 - 02:11 pm.

202323336-M.jpgpost-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#7 MarkyMark

MarkyMark

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 981 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:09 pm

I am definite.

However, Mrs is doubtfull as her holiday arrangements are being changed and she has to take them in line with the schools.

I will be camping.

XT1200Z - Big and bouncy

GTR1400 - Chaufer the wife.
XT660Z - Fun and commute.
TDM900 - Yellow.

#8 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:55 pm

Ive got the time off booked, just looking at a few pointers on how members are getting to and from the campsite, costs and such. If the Euro dont settle down then I think I will camp.

#9 stu

stu

full o shoite

• 2,060 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:31 am

I'm on for it.
Chris, what route and dates did you settle for from Ireland?

Stu

#10 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• 1,736 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:36 am

QUOTE(stu @ Tue 13th Jan 2009, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm on for it.
Chris, what route and dates did you settle for from Ireland?

Rosslare-Cherbourg out on July3, Cherbourg-Rosslare leaving July 12th. I'll PM you.

2001 TDM. 1990 Serow. 2004 DRZ400.  3 bikes, four cylinders. Who needs more?

Visit My Website

"Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare current" Horace.

"A Pint of Plain is Your Only Man"

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#11 Minty Hippo

Minty Hippo

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:59 am

I would like to go, not definitely sure yet, still trying to juggle holiday dates around. I agree with Chris about the dates, I know its tradition and all that, but going into July for RTT does mean high season prices for anything leaving UK/RoI. Hope to confirm soon. tongue.gif

#12 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:37 pm

QUOTE(aircooled68 @ Mon 12th Jan 2009, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi

i'm still on for this... now booked

Outbound Sun 5th sailing at 16.00 plymouth - Santander

Inbound Sat 11th Sailing at 20.30 Cherbourg-Portsmouth
£139.50
Dave

ps.... any members in the plymouth area got any good camp site's they could recomend for the sat night

Are you not having a cabin on the way out at £222.50? Its still 693km to the campsite from Santander. Then again £83.00 for a cabin ranting.gif

#13 bondy

bondy

850 going for 900

• 852 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:24 am

Hi Chris,
It'll be me + 1 not sure wether i'll be camping, shed or pikey ville yet though.

Bondy.

#14 Landy

Landy

I should post less and ride more

• 1,387 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:43 pm

Still sitting on the fence. Put me down as a maybe.
TS50ER, Suzuki GT125, Cagiva 125, Suzuki GT250 20 year gap. Honda CBF600. Discovered the joy of TDM, 1974 GT250 has joined the stable
Vario touring screen, Stainless Steel Rad Guard, Fender Extender (it came off), Givi V46 Topbox (inc brake light), SW-Motech Engine Bars, Wingrack, LED Tail Light
Still in the shed:- BMW Hand Guards, Heated Grips, Aux Lamps.

#15 aircooled68

aircooled68

RTT11 Wales manager

• 1,581 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:19 pm

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Wed 14th Jan 2009, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you not having a cabin on the way out at £222.50? Its still 693km to the campsite from Santander. Then again £83.00 for a cabin ranting.gif

Hi,

no cabin im going to have a few beers n crash on the seat... plus ive got a mate coming with me on his st1300 pan so i can always kip in his topbox

693 km.... still a hike but im going to andora for the first 2 days then up to the camp site

Dave

Edited by aircooled68, 15 January 2009 - 09:26 pm.

202323336-M.jpgpost-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#16 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:01 am

i booked the week off work today yahoo.gif
my brother-in-laws stagdo is around the time of the German MT in Berlin, so i'm waiting to hear back dry.gif
if I have to cancel the 2 weeks i have set aside for that then I'll be taking a little longer out for the RTT wink.gif
(and i get to sell me sister off....wahoo)

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#17 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:33 am

its in my diary!

Pete

Keep music live!

YouTube: pete7kcu

#18 poldark

poldark

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:13 am

I'm a definite maybe, I have approval from SWMBO but yet to get leave sorted.

But we have a small matter of a potential house purchase by a property developer, which won't be resolved until Feb and may mean moving out in July.

I'd certainly prefer a share of one of them natty wood cabins rather than camping. mellow.gif
'03 silver TDM 900 with V-Strom handguards, GS1150 bar risers, givi box, baglux tank cover, PC III USB with K&N air filter, S/S rad guard, crash bungs, Tigerscreen, iridium plugs, braided front hoses, OEM centre stand, 15W fork oil & 10mm yoke drop, tutoro oiler & sheepskin seat cover! Gone but not forgotten!

#19 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• 1,044 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:50 pm

I'm a possible for this but perhaps for only around 5 days total...anyone else considering a short break?
Now on 9er number 2 .....

#20 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:52 pm

At the mo I'm thinking out on 4th or 5th till the next Sunday. Plymouth/Santander for route out and back via Cherbourg/Portsmouth. Priced at £136.50. Euro tunnel is cheaper at £74.00 return but its a long ride to the camp site and you dont get to see Spain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users