#21 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:04 pm

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Fri 16th Jan 2009, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At the mo I'm thinking out on 4th or 5th till the next Sunday. Plymouth/Santander for route out and back via Cherbourg/Portsmouth. Priced at £136.50. Euro tunnel is cheaper at £74.00 return but its a long ride to the camp site and you dont get to see Spain.

Hi Danny, I may be able to do this and will keep you posted....had better run it past mrs saga first! When are you thinking of booking the tickets?
Now on 9er number 2 .....

#22 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:53 pm

QUOTE(Saga Lout @ Sat 17th Jan 2009, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Danny, I may be able to do this and will keep you posted....had better run it past mrs saga first! When are you thinking of booking the tickets?

Spose I ought to book up in the next four weeks or so. I dont want to get caught out with a "sorry puter says no" and once its booked she who must be ebayed cant say "no" rolleyes.gif

#23 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• 1,044 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 07:14 pm

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Sat 17th Jan 2009, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Spose I ought to book up in the next four weeks or so. I dont want to get caught out with a "sorry puter says no" and once its booked she who must be ebayed cant say "no" rolleyes.gif

Cheers mate, will let you know soon rolleyes.gif

#24 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,736 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:24 am

I am updating this list as people decide to go. If I miss you out please let me know and I'll correct it.

Going.
Dandy
Catsbum
Aircooled 68
Pete (friend of Aircooled 68)
MarkyMark
Dannyboy
Stu
Bondy
Bondy's other
Tony
Tony's other
Pete Kelly
TeDeum + Mrs TeDeum
Bob (friend of TeDeum)
Pict
Saga Lout
Big Dave
Poldark

Possibles
Matlock
Minty
Mrs MarkyMark
Landy
GrahamI
ChrisG
ChrisG's other
Hartside Man
Stormy

I think we have a quorum at 19 so far.

Reading the posts I don't think there are enough people looking for cabins to try to get a discount so I suggest everyone makes their own bookings direct with Motocamp. Same applies to camping. You should mention Carpe-TDM.net and/or RTT09 as I have told Pieter (the owner) to look out for these words. My friend Bob is looking for someone to share a cabin with him. If anyone is interested in this (he is housetrained!) I can give them contact details.

Edited by TeDeum, 13 February 2009 - 07:36 pm.

2001 TDM. 1990 Serow. 2004 DRZ400.  3 bikes, four cylinders. Who needs more?

Visit My Website

"Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare current" Horace.

"A Pint of Plain is Your Only Man"

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#25 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:11 pm

it will be TD+1

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#26 GrahamI

GrahamI

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:37 pm

I am another definte maybe smile.gif

Hope to come along but depends on work situation

Graham

Blue 2003 900 on 04 plate, Kappa Wingrack and side cases, Givi Maxia top box, Renthal 755 bars, Oxford heated grips, KTM handguards, centre stand, fender extender, Scottoiler Touring, 12volt socket

#27 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• 1,044 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 05:21 pm

I'm pretty much a definite, just trying to work-out exactly what the work situation will be like and how much time I will have available. Should be able to confirm in next week or so unsure.gif

#28 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,274 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:39 pm

I'm pretty definate, just need to work out if I'm carrying a pillion or not, in which case I'd probably go for a cabin rather than a tent.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#29 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:43 pm

I cannot commit at present but i hope to make it.

SWMBO still unsure if she will have a job (works for wedgewood , waterford )

if no job then belt will need tightened :-(

hopefully a buyer will step forward soon.

anyway add me as a maybe

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#30 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:46 pm

Gutted for your wife. Wedgewood is only up the road from my house and the redundancy issue has had a big impact around here. Hope you can make it though.

#31 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• 1,736 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:27 am

Time to book accommodation.

I have just been talking to Renske at Motocamp and she tells me that they are going to be busy that week so if you want to book a cabin or a caravan you should do it as soon as possible and within the next two weeks at the latest. I think campers will be OK to just turn up as there is lots of space for them but cabins/caravans are limited. She has also offered us a discount that will be determined by the numbers who turn up (I have told her we have 13 for sure with the same number considering). You can book by emailing info@motocamp.com and she will send you a booking form. You have to pay 50% up front with the balance (less discount) when you leave.

I'm getting excited!

Visit My Website

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#32 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:34 pm

Outward ferry
5 July 2009 Plymouth-Santander 16:00 Pont-Aven
1 Adult
Motor cycle x1 £75.00
Onboard accommodation
Reclining seat x1 £7.00

Inward ferry
11 July 2009 Cherbourg-Poole 11:30 Normandie Vitesse
1 Adult
Motor cycle x1 £38.59
Onboard accommodation
Seat x1
Insurance and other charges
Credit card charge £3.00

Booked and paid, ready to go. drinks.gif Tripped over Jack russel whilst doing a little victory dance hidden.gif Still going though yahoo.gif

#33 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• 1,736 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:25 pm

Below is the text on the reservation form for Motocamp which you will get back from Pieter or Renske when you contact them. Just to clear up any confusion over the cost of a cabin, you pay 10€ per night for the cabin plus 10€ per person per night, so for Mr and Mrs TeDeum it is 30€ per night or 15€ each if you are sharing with a mate. If you want to hire bedlinen it is 15€ per person for the week. All these costs will be discounted in some way when you leave, depending on the numbers - the more of us who turn up, the bigger the discount. Note that "a welcome beer is awaiting you." Nothing about cake and I think you have to bring your own dog!

When I was talking to Renske this morning they were in the middle of a hurricane with 100mph winds - unheard of in the South of France!

Reservationform cabin(s)
reservationsnumber: CAB 0209

Congratulations , you have made a reservation for 1 CABIN(s) on our beautiful campsite. We look forward to meet you from the 04st of July 2009 till 11st of July 2009.

Our cabins are suitable for two persons. They provide two beds with comfortable matresses, undersheets and pillows , electricity and a garden furniture. Bring your own sleepingbag or hire bedlinen.

Rent 2 persons € 30,- per night.

The rent includes: water, electricity, 2 pers, (ex touristtax), 1 motorbike/car.(cars/trailers on parkingplace.) One dog allowed at an additional cost of €,2,50- per day. Please inform us in advance.

Renting bedlinen is posible at € 15,- per week pp. Do you want to use this service.please inform us in advance by e-mail: info@motocamp.com or tel: +33553312406.

For final reservation please remit half of the total amount ie € 210,- is € 105,-
within fourteen days after receiving this form to:
ABN/AMRO accountnr: 482919744
In name of: P. v/d Vlis, add reservationnumber mentiond above CAB..0209....

IBANNUMBER: NL20ABNA0482919744
BIC: ABNANL2A

After receiving your payment we will send you a conformation of your booking.

You can count on a on a good and relaxed atmosphere and a lovely holiday in the most beautiful part of Frace. A welcome beer is awaiting you!

Greetzzzzz,

Pieter en Renske van der Vlis

Visit My Website

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#34 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:23 pm

Thanks Chris. I'd be interested in sharing solid walls and a roof, but they seem to calculate only 1 bike per cabin. Have asked about this.

Edited by Pict, 24 January 2009 - 05:24 pm.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#35 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:33 pm

QUOTE(TeDeum @ Sat 24th Jan 2009, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One dog allowed at an additional cost of €,2,50- per day. Please inform us in advance.

1) Whose girlfriend? Or is Ivana Trump coming as a special guest?
2) Special, er, tastes?? Sheep* allowed for the Welsh?
3) Blind rider??
4) Travelling pillion or sidecar?
5) Genetically-enhanced? Higher education than yer average Yamaha mechanic?

* Significant that site owners are "van der Vlis"?

Edited by Pict, 24 January 2009 - 05:37 pm.

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#36 big dave

big dave

has been here 4ever

• 1,462 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:04 pm

QUOTE(Pict @ Sat 24th Jan 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Chris. I'd be interested in sharing solid walls and a roof, but they seem to calculate only 1 bike per cabin. Have asked about this.

Lets us know what you find out about this. I read it the same as you, in that a cabin entitles you to one vehicle parking only.

I'm slowly getting my rrrs into gear wrt rtt09 and I reckon if I can share a luberjack house for the five or six days I anticipate being there then it's only 30 euro more than camping = a small supplement to pay to save trailing a tent across europe.

BD

MOTO GUZZI T3 with Le Mans engine, frisky for an old girl
YAMAHA Tracer 700 

RE Himalayan
Down to 3 toys at the moment, need to go shopping I think

I DON'T DO EXERCISE - if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have put cake on the floor

#37 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:06 am

QUOTE(big dave @ Sat 24th Jan 2009, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lets us know what you find out about this. I read it the same as you, in that a cabin entitles you to one vehicle parking only.

I'm slowly getting my rrrs into gear wrt rtt09 and I reckon if I can share a lumberjack house for the five or six days I anticipate being there then it's only 30 euro more than camping = a small supplement to pay to save trailing a tent across europe.

Just received reassurance:
"Bonjour,
Of course this is allowed. 1 person, 1 bike. So 2 persons, 2 bikes.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Greetzzz,
Renske & Pieter"

My reasons are the same as yours - I'll be trying harder than last year to keep the baggage weight down, so no tent and debating sleeping bag. As regards sharing, I may already be spoken for, though rolleyes.gif so how many others are opting for a cabin?

I've still to work out the travel arrangements - thinking of taking the Tunnel to/from Calais, and maybe an easy option of 3 days either way, cos of my feeble nature, if I can arrange cheap stopovers, or even be really lazy and Motorail it. Aiming to be sensible about rideouts too, btw - it's a great area so there's lots to see and do. At the mo., am thinking of being on site for the full week, but may adapt to save some cash. Going all that way, I'm tempted to visit the BurgmanCat guys in Barcelona while I have the chance, but the missus is starting to get grumpy....

Edited by Pict, 25 January 2009 - 09:25 am.

#38 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:20 pm

I have decided to book a cabin so if any one would like to share with a non snoring( Unless ive had to many beers) and a mild farter blush.gif then let me know ASAP so we can book. I will of course be bringing along a check shirt as only befits a lumbersnack.

#39 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• 1,736 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:24 pm

QUOTE(Pict @ Sun 25th Jan 2009, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just received reassurance:
"Bonjour,
Of course this is allowed. 1 person, 1 bike. So 2 persons, 2 bikes.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Greetzzz,
Renske & Pieter"

Nice work Ian. Saved me a phone call to France!.
Like Big Dave I think the camping/cabin issue is a no-brainer but I don't suppose that will convince Marquee Mark!

I am updating the list of who is going and who is thinking of going (my post of Jan 21st) as people opt in. If I have missed anybody please let me know and I will amend it.

Edited by TeDeum, 25 January 2009 - 12:32 pm.

Visit My Website

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#40 big dave

big dave

has been here 4ever

• 1,462 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:43 pm

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Sun 25th Jan 2009, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have decided to book a cabin so if any one would like to share with a non snoring( Unless ive had to many beers) and a mild farter blush.gif then let me know ASAP so we can book. I will of course be bringing along a check shirt as only befits a lumbersnack.

Danny

you have PM

BD

MOTO GUZZI T3 with Le Mans engine, frisky for an old girl
YAMAHA Tracer 700 

RE Himalayan
Down to 3 toys at the moment, need to go shopping I think

I DON'T DO EXERCISE - if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have put cake on the floor

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users