Photo

Noob Question

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Paddy900_*

Guest_Paddy900_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:06 pm

Maybe this has already being mentioned but has everyone got a GB or Irl sticker for their bike.

#22 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:53 pm

QUOTE(TDMick @ Sun 8th Mar 2009, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How well do those mini pumps work off the bike battery?
Sorry to be a total thicky but what about tools, spark plugs etc. etc.
joypump for petrol siphoning rotflmmfao.gif rotflmmfao.gif that wasn't the end of the sentence I was expecting.

Mini FOOT pump is more reliable for bike use : http://www.busters-a...catRef=MMPMP003

Joypump link here - sorry it's not what you were hoping for laugh.gif : http://www.hondahorn...uk/joypump.html

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#23 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:54 pm

QUOTE(sidestand @ Sun 8th Mar 2009, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always hide a couple of 20 euro notes in a freezer bag in the toolkit for emergencies

Hmmmm doubtfull.gif

laugh.gif
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#24 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:01 am

QUOTE(sidestand @ Sun 8th Mar 2009, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Joypump link here - sorry it's not what you were hoping for laugh.gif : http://www.hondahorn...uk/joypump.html

I'll live blush.gif

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#25 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:10 pm

QUOTE(tdm850rider @ Sun 8th Mar 2009, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Handy when you cross the border from Germany to CZ ...................................... wub.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#26 Guest_E.T._*

Guest_E.T._*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:21 pm

How unreliable is your bike? I wouldn't bother with spare plugs, it's not like its an old triumph where you run the risk of flooding the engine (and it would be quicker to wait for it to dry than try and change the plugs anyway!!!)

The main things of TDMs that I can see is battery (mini jump leads), coils getting damp...but there's not much you can do about that other than water displacer. Then I would just take the standard things bulbs, cable ties and gaffer tape, and some self amalgamating hose repair (but only if your pipes are getting old). You might want to consider chain adjustment, depending on how many miles you intend doing, I just took the sockets, and a couple o 12mm spanners, with the view that someone somewhere would lend me a ratchet...but I never used them)

I would however take pliers, hex keys (for lose fairing panels etc), I also had a leatherman...but really not much else IMHO.

#27 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:32 pm

QUOTE(E.T. @ Mon 9th Mar 2009, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How unreliable is your bike? I wouldn't bother with spare plugs, it's not like its an old triumph where you run the risk of flooding the engine (and it would be quicker to wait for it to dry than try and change the plugs anyway!!!)

The main things of TDMs that I can see is battery (mini jump leads), coils getting damp...but there's not much you can do about that other than water displacer. Then I would just take the standard things bulbs, cable ties and gaffer tape, and some self amalgamating hose repair (but only if your pipes are getting old). You might want to consider chain adjustment, depending on how many miles you intend doing, I just took the sockets, and a couple o 12mm spanners, with the view that someone somewhere would lend me a ratchet...but I never used them)

I would however take pliers, hex keys (for lose fairing panels etc), I also had a leatherman...but really not much else IMHO.

tools and spark plugs, my grey hair is showing rotflmmfao.gif

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users