RTT09 camping and brekkie banter

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:55 pm

Just ordered my new Khyam biker for the trip now got to find a good kip mat. Oh and order new pilot road two's.

#2 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:36 pm

I may have some rain clouds on all this. unsure.gif

About to be hit with Import/Freight/VAT Duties on my truck parts in from Miami. Could amount to thousands.

And with my personal life in a bit of a mess, I may have to pull out.

Tony. I'll ring you to advise on Tossa. Would still be ok.

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,101 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:49 pm

Find someone in the US Airfarce over here and buy em a cake in exchange for truuuuuck parts.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 aircooled68

aircooled68

RTT11 Wales manager

• 1,581 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:11 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Wed 13th May 2009, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I may have some rain clouds on all this. unsure.gif

Thing's going tit's up here to sad.gif

They have stopped our bonus in work..... giving it the old should be lucky you have a job the way things are

so things are tight... VERY tight

paid the ferry so i'll leave it to the last week and see what the situation is

Dave

Edited by aircooled68, 14 May 2009 - 08:11 pm.

202323336-M.jpgpost-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#5 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:07 pm

Agreed, I could still cancel the Ferry, but F**k it, why should I?
My bill for the truck import duties did arrive today, some £1300. Plus £590 for the re-build

I want some time to enjoy with others, Last Sunday was a good example. Relaxed, good food and then mates pissing about with bikes.
You cant buy that.

Its all up in the air!!

#6 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:18 am

Cats,
Lots of us are in the same boat. Too many bills and not enough cash. I am taking a little cooker with me to save money at brecky times. Dont sound alot but if you x it by the amount of mornings you are away it adds up. Will be buying wine and beer to drink at the campsite rather than at the camp bar every night. Still going to have fun but on a budget drinks.gif
Danny

Edited by Dannyboy, 15 May 2009 - 01:48 pm.

#7 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:22 am

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Fri 15th May 2009, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cats,
Lots of use are in the same boat. Too many bills and not enough cash. I am taking a little cooker with me to save money at brecky times. Dont sound alot but if you x it by the amount of mornings you are away it adds up. Will be buying wine and beer to drink at the campsite rather than at the camp bar every night. Still going to have fun but on a budget drinks.gif
Danny

me too matey, especially as i'm paying for 2 bikes on the ferry dry.gif
still its better than having a pillion laugh.gif
got me little primus stove and will be using that where poss good.gif

first one up in the morning gets the brew on, 2nd & 3rd do the bacon and eggs wink.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#8 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:28 am

Danny makes mental note to self, set alarm for 04:30, and get a free brecky blush.gif

#9 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,274 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:02 pm

Pity Tony's on the TDM, he's got a chopping board fitted to the Tenere for field kitchen use biggrin.gif

Spotted these the other day if we're planning on doing it properly biggrin.gif

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#10 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:17 pm

ooooh shiney....

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#11 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,274 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:21 pm

I normally carry Lyons coffee bags but i've got to admit an espresso maker does sound tempting biggrin.gif

We need one of the Hairy Bikers wickerwork top box/hampers if we really want to look the part biggrin.gif

2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

#12 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:24 pm

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Fri 15th May 2009, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I normally carry Lyons coffee bags but i've got to admit an espresso maker does sound tempting biggrin.gif

We need one of the Hairy Bikers wickerwork top box/hampers if we really want to look the part biggrin.gif

if i took the SuperTen i could fit one of those there wickyer jobbies to the front crashbars doubtfull.gif

My TDM :

#13 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 07:48 pm

Had a cup O tea with Tony this afternoon, we talked about money and lack off........

Left him to take my Daughter somewhere, on the way back hit a brick in the road, took the new £160 tyre fitted not 4 weeks ago out, did some motocross along the verge trying to avoid the ditch.

Todays Fiscal Summary:

MOT £54.00
Fog Light £6.00
Tesco £16.00
Fuel £51.00
New Tyre: £160.00

And people wonder why I get depressed. blink.gif

#14 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:02 pm

ouch huh.gif
you need to get rid of that truck!

My TDM :

#15 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:10 pm

http://www.aerobie.c...press_story.htm

http://www.bodum.com...9...Id=&shpId=4
2 excellent coffee makers.

#16 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,912 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:54 pm

QUOTE(danceswithmopeds @ Fri 15th May 2009, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2 excellent coffee makers.

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Fri 15th May 2009, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Todays Fiscal Summary:

MOT £54.00
Fog Light £6.00
Tesco £16.00
Fuel £51.00
New Tyre: £160.00

And people wonder why I get depressed. blink.gif

Combining both off topic threads, Mrs Matlock dropped the coffee machine on the ceramic hob the other morning - £160 down before I'd even got out of bed ranting.gif

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#17 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,274 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:37 am

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Fri 15th May 2009, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ouch huh.gif
you need to get rid of that truck!

istupid.gif

Mind you he needs to get rid of the Ecto 1 too. rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(Matlock @ Fri 15th May 2009, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
£160 down before I'd even got out of bed ranting.gif

And then no cup of coffee to start the day blink.gif

Look a bit fragile for camping purposes but one of those bodum ones would do the trick for work. We've got a stupid pumped waste sink that we're not supposed to put coffee grounds down so I can't use the cafetiere, and they don't even trust us with a kettle so have to use hot water out of the coffee machine* which isn't hot enough to make a decent cup of tea! ranting.gif

*I'm not too sure why they call it a coffee machine, it produces something that tastes almost, but not exactly, unlike coffee

#18 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:56 am

i'll get rid of the scoobuster/turbo hearse when Kris has had a few driving lessons.....
until then its still my play toy wink.gif

ps. its cost me £309 for an MOT (which it failed) and is about to cost me my left testicle at Subaru for diagnostics on the ABS system which turned out to be a sensor. Subaru wanted £170 for a new one, Kris found me a working one for £16 on ebay, just waiting for them to fit it then it can go back for its free retest.

pps. Whitehouse garage in Winnersh is the strictest MOT centre i've ever used dry.gif

ppps. to keep on topic, i was sorting me camping gear out yesterday for the RTT....anyone know where i put my primus stove?

My TDM :

#19 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:40 am

I know it's getting close to the event but do you think we should have a separate thread of excitable pish like this?

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#20 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:57 am

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Sat 16th May 2009, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know it's getting close to the event but do you think we should have a separate thread of excitable pish like this?

yes, was just going thru the posts when i saw yours

My TDM :

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users