dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,101 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:47 am

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Mon 29th Jun 2009, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
try "VehicleRescueDirect" at insurance.uk.com 08454 500 620, seems to be a good deal wink.gif

cats neglects to mention his E21s are empty coz he has a huge topbox and a massive bag with his camping gear across the pillion seat rolleyes.gif

Just be careful about small print. It may well say "recovery up to the value of boike"...which on a TRX and recovery costs prolly aint that much?

Think Cats is gonna have to show us a pic of the boike loaded up. rolleyes.gif
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#22 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:27 pm

Your spooky. Just took a pic of her ready to go. Spent the last 2 hours finishing her.

Last thing, apart from a few more Euros, is TRAVEL INSURANCE!!!

#23 murf

murf

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 116 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:47 pm

when you get off ferry head for jaca there is a cheepish hotel on the right hand side of the road before you hit the town. next day as your leavin petrol garage at end of road head on to n260 and stay on it youll luv it... at the end you can go through the tunnel towards barcelona costs 8 euros then girona then lloret... if you got time ride from lorett to tossa then carry on to st felou another great road

#24 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,274 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:17 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Mon 29th Jun 2009, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last thing, apart from a few more Euros, is TRAVEL INSURANCE!!!

£16.something from Egg and I checked it definatly covers bikes so long as you're not racing.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#25 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:01 pm

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Mon 29th Jun 2009, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How well can she handle the TDM with full luggage? 'cos you're going to be jelous as hell when you get in to the mountains rotflmmfao.gif

we are both insured on the bikes, but the big question is do i trust her to ride my TDM dry.gif
the TRX is just a toy to me, the TDM is the only bike i'd never sell

Kris isnt used to doing this much mileage, she's only had a licence for 2months & is expecting to have a couple of chill out days while we are at Motocamp, so i get to play with TRiXy then wink.gif

also i normally only do a few thousand on the TRX a year so its fitted with brand new semi track tyres, really soft and sticky good.gif
downside is they'll need changing when we get back :doh:

anyway, the TRX is prep'd and ready to rock

lubed/checked/adjusted the needful, fitted autocom from her bandit, luggage fitted, fitted double bubble screen, made a map case, sorted out spare bulbs/fuses etc
also packed a spare set of levers etc as both bikes are the same
even started modifying a set of baffles to fit the cans but gave up on that..... evillaff.gif

TDM was prep'd last weekend, when i get home from work tomorrow just need to put the panniers on and strap on the ready packed camping gear and meet the other 2 boys on Wed morning

Cats&Tiger aleart!!!! - ferry is now 11am not 12:30 so we need to leave a bit earlier dry.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#26 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:30 pm

I'll be your end tomorrow. Finishing at 13:00, Got the truck back today so driving that to work, 900 is prepped.
Home, changed and then back to Oxon.

What time and where we meeting? unsure.gif

#27 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:36 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Mon 29th Jun 2009, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll be your end tomorrow. Finishing at 13:00, Got the truck back today so driving that to work, 900 is prepped.
Home, changed and then back to Oxon.

What time and where we meeting? unsure.gif

7:30am outside your village shop?

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#28 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:46 pm

Good luck guys (and Grils).! drinks.gif

Have a good and safe time badgrock.gif
Mick

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#29 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 03:44 am

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Mon 29th Jun 2009, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
7:30am outside your village shop?

Better than that. same time but on Gangbang hill, the one just past RAF Benson, the layby top of hill on left.
Not on here anymore so txt/ring me later.

Let me know if Kris wants a Sheep Shagger. I'll get u one on way home today blush.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users