Guinness

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 04 July 2009 - 02:56 pm

Friday (jul 3rd) evening
as Edith and I were walking the dogs around the motel we spotted 2 TDMs on a trailer, pulled by a bongo with scottish plates and a wee man nervously inspecting the vehicles.

it be : dandywarhol!
his sidekick Stu appeared a few moments later.
how bout that for a coincidence.

after supper we went out for a quick beer, pastis and wine. But both Stu and Dandy were desperate to get some sleep after driving for 2 days and night. They were knackered.
We planned on heading out to the campsite the next morning at about 8,30AM, but dandy didnt like that (early) idea.

Saturday (jul 4th)
Anyway, this saturday morning Edith and meself set off at 8:45AM and with some minor delays due to slowing traffic we arrived at the campsite early about 1130h.
After the first -and free welcome- beer we unpacked and went into town for some supplies and hurried back to the campsite expecting the dasterdly duo to have landed by now;

still nothing... as there is no city of Paris to get lost in (you'll no doubt read about that lateron) I wonder where those two are ... Gerty has been replaced by some "pompous arse" voice (Myo).

its now nearly 5PM and no sight of dandy and stu. no sign of any TDM for that matter apart from the one on the flag dangling from our rented caravan, yes, i shamefully admit : i didnt bring the TDM...

yesterday evening i got a call from Toneski, he and his party are "somewhere" north of -i think- either Barcelona or Pamplona... all is well, cept the ferry needed to restock on alcohol after they drove off. There was no feeding of the fish...

more RTT09 news as it develops

PS: on that picture showing Edith,
look above her head ... a large terras with a great bar at stumbling distance from the pool.
clean water is the perfect temperature, we tested it !!

Attached Files

I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

yamaha : xv535/92-92 | red TDM850/92-05 | silver TDM900A/05-

get them here

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,101 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 04 July 2009 - 03:06 pm

Ha sounds as chaotic as an rtt should be. Keep us posted.

Dappers sat on a gate outside puddington fete.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 03:09 pm

Alan and Stu just arrived !!! gotta go ... DRINK !!
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

get them here

#4 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 04 July 2009 - 03:17 pm

What !

a biking holiday with everyone going by car ohmy.gif ..................You'll all be getting Hardley Movingson's or Goldwings next rotflmmfao.gif

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#5 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 05:05 pm

this is the "to arrive list", correct?

MarkyMark ETA monday
Tony, Kris, Catsbum and tigermadray ETA monday
chrisg ETA sat
dannyboy ETA mon
poldark ETA sun
Tedeum and MrsTedeum ETA sat
sagalout ETA monday
bigdave ETA tue

get them here

#6 big dave

big dave

has been here 4ever

• 1,462 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 04 July 2009 - 05:27 pm

QUOTE(Guinness @ Sat 4th Jul 2009, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this is the "to arrive list", correct?

MarkyMark ETA monday
chrisg ETA sat
dannyboy ETA mon
poldark ETA sun
Tedeum and MrsTedeum ETA sat
sagalout ETA monday
bigdave ETA tue

DannyB is travelling with myself and SagaL and due to arrive Tues.
Don't be sending out any search parties for them !

Aircooled and his buddy are on the same ferry as ourselves but I'm a bit unsure of their plans following disembarkation

BD

Edited by big dave, 04 July 2009 - 05:27 pm.

MOTO GUZZI T3 with Le Mans engine, frisky for an old girl
YAMAHA Tracer 700 

RE Himalayan
Down to 3 toys at the moment, need to go shopping I think

I DON'T DO EXERCISE - if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have put cake on the floor

#7 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2009 - 05:44 pm

G, I see you brought the hounds. I mentioned to Jo about cutting the top off my tank bag but from the look I got I dont think mine are coming. blush.gif See you all Tuesday.

#8 aircooled68

aircooled68

RTT11 Wales manager

• 1,581 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:39 pm

See you all Tues.... see you other lads tomorrow wink.gif

Dave

202323336-M.jpgpost-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#9 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:08 am

Saturday during the afternoon/evening Tedeum, Mrs Tedeum & Poldark rolled in, lead by agricultural navigator ChrisG.
After supper we were having some drinks and by 10PM we heard another two cylinder bike coming up the driveway, it was THE YELLOW beast from MarkyMark !!!
730 miles nonstop (cept ferry) he found his way and the campsite in the dark the oldschool way : some instructions jotted down on a piece of paper in his tankbag...

You dont come across this campsite by accident, it is a dead end road with just a narrow path leading up to it with only some small signposts. Also there is a "one way road" sign adding to the confusion.

QUOTE(Guinness @ Sat 4th Jul 2009, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this is the "still to arrive list"

dannyboy sagalout bigdave ETA tue
aircooled + buddy ETA ???

Attached Files

get them here

#10 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:33 am

Good news and photos, and well done especially Mark!

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#11 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:34 am

folks getting ready to ride out to town to get some necessities like ... beer and wine.
The Kronenbourg rolleyes.gif and even the Hoegaarden mellow.gif (go figure) isnt going down well.
The selection of wine also got a thumbsdown.

i'm sticking to pastis tongue.gif , hey, "when in Rome"

here's some more pictures taken a few minutes ago.
sun is shining, crickets are shirping, nice breeze. BRILLIANT!
didnt notice any mosquitos during the night.

this is the "still to arrive list"

dannyboy sagalout bigdave ETA tue
aircooled + buddy ETA ???

Attached Files

get them here

#12 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:04 am

QUOTE(sidestand @ Sat 4th Jul 2009, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-//-
You'll all be getting Hardley Movingson's or Goldwings next rotflmmfao.gif
that'll be the day dry.gif

its a compilation of minor issues that resulted in me not taking the bike but the main reason is Ediths' (tennis)elbow just got out of the cast last friday and its still sore, she couldnt have driven all the way down here.
then its the combo of me on bike and she in car, do we stick together (me in full gear sweating it out) or i ride ahead/filter through traffic and RV somewhere down the road.
what if its pissing down, she wait for me? or continue. ok, just simple practicalities, but as i said : its a compilation of minor issues.
and for a year now I dont feel like riding much unsure.gif
last issue is that right now it would be VERY inconvenient for us to get any kind of incapacitating/temporarily crippling injury, thats is why we didnt even bring riding gear to ride pillion.

get them here

#13 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:45 am

QUOTE(Guinness @ Sun 5th Jul 2009, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'm sticking to pastis
here's some more pictures taken a few minutes ago.

Picture #1 suggests that TeDeum has also been indulging in pastis - or something - and now thinks he can fly? unsure.gif blink.gif

Ouestlekeum has responded with encouragement for closer association, so if anybody should turn up at the site....

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#14 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:43 pm

the 4 adventurers are somewhere between Andorra and Toulouse
we left Lloret De Mar (100km NE of Barcelona) this morning and spent the day blasting round the twisties up and over Andorra
was up to 41c yesterday afternoon, this morning it was 34c at 10am, we were getting sunburnt through our tshirts cool.gif
as soon as we got into France it feckin pissed doon, who's bright idea was it to have an RTT in France? ranting.gif
we intended to camp but we got so wet we've checked into a cheap hotel that a bloke in the local roadside chippy recommended (long story)
cheap rooms good.gif but expensive beer sad.gif

looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow, i really hope the weathers good there or i'm going back to Spain!

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#15 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:18 pm

Borrowed Tonys pc here. Tediuim is there!!
I was informed he was not there.

As per my first RTT, I have soaking wet boots, good start for the morning. I have stated that i may not last the week. hate the wet, and already homesick. look forward to seeing you all

cats

#16 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:22 pm

group hug for cats giveusahug.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#17 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:19 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Sun 5th Jul 2009, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As per my first RTT, I have soaking wet boots,

At least it wasn't ya! Bawz tongue.gif
TAM

2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#18 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:29 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Sun 5th Jul 2009, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
group hug for cats giveusahug.gif

Tell Puss in Boots he'll be fine after the first half bottle of wine.

Meantime, it's been a real scorcher here... laugh.gif

#19 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:27 am

Sunday 6th
today was a relaxed day for most at the RTT site. Short ride out during the morning and a quick visit to the store to get some drinks and snacks for this evening. rest of the day was spent playing in the pool and drying up in the deckchairs. Well, Edith and meself in the deckchairs in the sun while the Commonwealth were all huddling together in the shade from a hedge and a parasol... weird. and then they are baffled why their skin is so "whiter then white"... laugh.gif had to put on my sunglasses... SOO brite!

We went for supper in the cantine together with Stu, Dandy and MarkyMark, the others had dinner outside our (rented onsite) caravan (we got the fridge).
The evening continued outside the RTT caravan with wines and cheeses, banter and loadsa fun.

Monday 6th

oh its hot here allright! luckly some clouds roll by now and then.
also good thing there is a pool to get soaking wet in :-) you'll fit right in here catsbum!!!
people jumping in with all their gear just to cool off some tongue.gif

the guys are now out for a ride, visiting Sarlat and surroundings.
This evening we're doing a bbq, Alan brought all the equipement. Edith and meself will do the shopping this afternoon.
So anyone heading this way : barbi at 8PMat our tent ;-)
bring your own drink, glasses, plates and cuttlery.

These are some pics from sunday.
Cofffee and toffee at Dandy's Bongo.
Pool time with dandy ... transformation nearly complete rotflmmfao.gif .
ChrisG relaxing in one of the hammocks (sp?)
Me and Jack having a siesta

Attached Files

get them here

#20 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:41 am

here's the radar weather picture for the area.
We are north of Toulouse, halfway between Toulouse and Limoges

hot in the sun! but pleasant in the shade!!

get them here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users