#21 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:54 am

QUOTE(Guinness @ Mon 6th Jul 2009, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
here's the radar weather picture for the area.
We are north of Toulouse, halfway between Toulouse and Limoges

hot in the sun! but pleasant in the shade!!

Glad it's going well. Have had 345 visitors to my wee notice on Ouestlekeum, so maybe somebody will turn up to say hello..

Edited by Pict, 06 July 2009 - 08:19 pm.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#22 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:30 pm

the tepid 4 have dried out, arrived onsite and settled in good.gif
site looks nice, about to investigate the bar....

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#23 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:48 pm

Top class photos and running narrative Guinness rotflmmfao.gif Luv the pool pics !

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#24 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:07 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Mon 6th Jul 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the tepid 4 have dried out, arrived onsite and settled in good.gif
site looks nice, about to investigate the bar....

Has SoggyMoggy recovered and fluffed up yet? rolleyes.gif

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#25 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,101 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:34 pm

QUOTE(Studley Ramrod @ Mon 6th Jul 2009, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Top class photos and running narrative Guinness

Yeah tis noice for us burgers who couldnt make it.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#26 mike-bike

mike-bike

arrived on last train

• 7 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:01 pm

Hi guys,

Sorry to learn pretty late about your trip in France, Pict informed us...

I hope you'll be able to meet with some of our guys (ouestlekeum, french TDM forum).

Wish you the best and be careful, I read a clinical article stating that anis (Ricard or pastis) is not good when the skin has to face with great sun rotflmmfao.gif rotflmmfao.gif rotflmmfao.gif

drinks.gif drinks.gif drinks.gif

Edited by mike-bike, 06 July 2009 - 09:03 pm.

900 ABS Gold and Black
Paris area (France)
member of TDM owner association www.ouestlekeum.fr

#27 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:41 pm

"penduick33" from the French forum has shown interest in paying you a visit before the week is out - anyone got an overnight space? Sounds like a good lad.

#28 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:49 pm

QUOTE(mike-bike @ Mon 6th Jul 2009, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys,

Sorry to learn pretty late about your trip in France, Pict informed us...

I hope you'll be able to meet with some of our guys (ouestlekeum, french TDM forum).

Wish you the best and be careful, I read a clinical article stating that anis (Ricard or pastis) is not good when the skin has to face with great sun rotflmmfao.gif rotflmmfao.gif rotflmmfao.gif
drinks.gif drinks.gif drinks.gif

Hi Mike, and welcome back. Sorry te news reached you so late. The Perigord posse would be very happy to welcome anyone who is able to find time before the end of the week. Maybe see you on this side of the pond one day?

#29 mike-bike

mike-bike

arrived on last train

• 7 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:07 pm

QUOTE(Pict @ Mon 6th Jul 2009, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Mike, and welcome back. Sorry te news reached you so late. The Perigord posse would be very happy to welcome anyone who is able to find time before the end of the week. Maybe see you on this side of the pond one day?

I really wish to see you, on both sides actually, while a get2gether you organize, and 1 we organize... the more TDM owners, the more fun.... wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
900 ABS Gold and Black
Paris area (France)
member of TDM owner association www.ouestlekeum.fr

#30 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,101 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:12 pm

Whaz goin on today chapssss?

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#31 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:28 pm

Very quiet ...............methinks they have found the Bar rolleyes.gif

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#32 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:01 pm

sorry bout the lack of updates : dodgy internet connection the last few days, but we are back alive and kicking.

Monday evening RTT09 BBQ!
Everybody who is anybody showed up!
Edith and meself never prepared a bbq for 13 people really... but it all worked out fine.
laugh.gif desert was a cake extravaganza thanks to Mr and Mrs TeDeuM followed by a cheese fondue BBQ style, then the fun continued into the night.

Tuesday
Folks volunteering to help with doing the dishes!! THANKS MarkyMark, Kris and Poldark!
Then a most went for a ride out while we went to visit Rocamadour where we met up with TonyDevil and Kris.
In the meanwhile Aircooled and his mate Peter and also Sagalout, Bigdave and Dannyboy had arrived.
Sagalout was limping , he lost his balance doing a U turn before getting on the ferry and used his ancle to cushion the blow ... wadamistaka to maka

This evening was also groupshot time!! all the bikes were ligned up near the old church and we all huddled up for the picture ... and another one
and another one... and ... till someone finally could show a good enough picture on their camera.

This was Stu's last evening and he planned on having only one or two beers and an early night as he wanted to set off at 9AM the next day.
That plan failed miserably ... :-) he even went for the pastis ... in a water bottle !!!

All of a sudden a big, hairy guy in a nightee showed up, holding a rubber sex doll o_O and the lady of the house in the same attire, both rambling on about "party" and "looking for Dave" or was it Paul ... anyway, after this short but strange interlude we picked up the seriuous conversation (aka drink and munchies).

Wednesday
This morning Stu said his goodbyes and set out for a nonstop ride home, only one hour later as planned.

Today most the gang set off to the bridge of Milau, others stayed and had a rest while me and Edith followed up on a tip from Tedeum and went to visit the gardens of Marqueyssac, lovely gardens with stunning views of the Dordogne valley with all the châteaux, as we left the gardens, Tedeum and Syrah walked up from the parking lot. We got our wires crossed somehow the idea was to meet up for lunch but the Tedeums went to Domme first and then the gardens, we did the gardens first and were now on our way to Domme.
Had a quick look around and then sat down for lunch and made this comparison : €8,00 for steak and french fries, in a restaurant, in France, in a very touristy town, not bad really! on the campsite that costs €15,00.
Phoned up Dandywarhol and he hopped on his bike and he arrived an hour later, just as we had finished lunch,w hie we enjoyed our coffee and icetea Dandy had lunch and afterwards we went to visit bit more of Domme. Small town, ancient, lots of touristy shops with lots of local specialities (duck in all its forms) and a great view.

This evening its BBQ time again, this time organized by the campsite owners...

Attached Files

I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

yamaha : xv535/92-92 | red TDM850/92-05 | silver TDM900A/05-

get them here

#33 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:30 pm

So - not much roadwork, then?? rolleyes.gif

To date 596 viewings of the Ouestlekeum notice and 46 responses but I guess you've had no callers? Well, the notice did go out a bit late. unsure.gif

Edited by Pict, 08 July 2009 - 05:36 pm.

#34 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:25 pm

plenty of roadwork, but i dont have the numbers for each seperate group :-)
in the spirit of the RTT everybody does what they want, when they want and how they feel like doing it :-)
and in the evening we all get to gether for some drinks and share the stories of the day.

the trip to milau bridge is about 150km one way.
the ride to Rocamadour (35km x2) is brilliant, even with the car :-) it was quite enjoyable

as to visitors : everyone is welcome! plenty of tentspace on the campsite.
one caravan is empty. but a clandestine sleepover would be ill-advised... might get away with it with british plates, french plates would stick out here as it would be the only one.
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

get them here

#35 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,101 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:53 pm

Ha brilliant. Thanks for keepin us up ta date. Lovin the piccies.

#36 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:09 pm

QUOTE(Guinness @ Wed 8th Jul 2009, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
plenty of roadwork, but i dont have the numbers for each seperate group :-)
in the spirit of the RTT everybody does what they want, when they want and how they feel like doing it :-)
and in the evening we all get to gether for some drinks and share the stories of the day.

the trip to milau bridge is about 150km one way.
the ride to Rocamadour (35km x2) is brilliant, even with the car :-) it was quite enjoyable

as to visitors : everyone is welcome! plenty of tentspace on the campsite.
one caravan is empty. but a clandestine sleepover would be ill-advised... might get away with it with british plates, french plates would stick out here as it would be the only one.

Sounds like a really fine mix.

Good advice about visitors, especially as anything out of order would reflect on Carpe.

#37 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:11 pm

update on the available room
Stu left this morning so that frees up one spot in one of the cabins! I checked with Poldark (Martin) and he is ok with splitting the cost with another roomy!

the prices are on the site ... this connection is VERY dodgy again, TigerMadRay explained that I'm prolly right on the edge of the signal so I loose conns regularly

get them here

#38 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 08 July 2009 - 11:17 pm

G'day guys from down under good.gif

What a fabulous get together, everyone looks so relaxed.

Thanks for sharing your enjoyment blush.gif

Stay safe.

drinks.gif

#39 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:32 am

Thursday
a bunch set off this morning, to cut the return trip in two.

in the evening was the last supper. mellow.gif
everybody brought their own grub and drinks and we all sat down and had a meal together. started with a truffle aperitif
Kris prepared a tartiflette good.gif for Tony and his delicate palette (the guy put ketchup on a donut-like pasterie ffs), she's spoiling him to bits ...
we all had a taste ... LOVELY !!! Kris promised to put up the recipe on Carpe clapping.gif
desert was again a cake extravaganza tongue.gif followed by Bush ... the strongest belgian beer (12%)
then it turned irish as kris told her about here fettish : roundabout with an irish accent which ended up with Dandy calling up Paddy! dead funny!! everyone passing around the phone and saying hello to Paddy. Then a fellow, irish camper (who had called earlier to see if there's a mechanic amongst us - BMW starter engine problem) also had to say "roundabout" and his friends also were invited to our party. Fenula and her hubby were well drunk ... they were hilarious!

Friday
and then there were 3 ... Edith, Dandy and meself.
Tedeum and Syrah left at about 0930 this morning while Tonydevil, Kris, Chrisg and Poldark left a bit later, like 10 (UK time laugh.gif )

Just finished doing the dishes, getting all the chairs back where they belong and now time to chill out.
all the folks leaving have donated their leftovers ... who's going to finish all that booze...

get them here

#40 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,101 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:12 am

Nice wan....sounds loike it were a good'n and thanks for keepin us all up ta date.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users