Rtt 09

• Please log in to reply
396 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:19 pm

I'm def doing the German 09G2G if we can get a group together again. Those Germans know how to plan a G2G. The only trouble with Scotland or England is the bloody rain !! No one minds it now and again but for the whole summer its too much.
I would be up for France or any place warmer and dryer than here.

#22 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:42 pm

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Tue 19th Aug 2008, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm def doing the German 09G2G if we can get a group together again. Those Germans know how to plan a G2G. The only trouble with Scotland or England is the bloody rain !! No one minds it now and again but for the whole summer its too much.
I would be up for France or any place warmer and dryer than here.

ditto, need to head south where the weather is good, not north where its shite and there are swarms of midges

MT09..... doubtfull.gif i really must find my way around the german forum

gonna bring the missus and kiddie this time?
or are you likely to get told off for making progress? laugh.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#23 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:55 pm

France sounds good - Portugal would be a long haul for some and may eat into the summer hols too much - especially for the family folks. It's all right for these lazy teaching types with 7 weeks off tongue.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#24 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:57 pm

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Tue 19th Aug 2008, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
France sounds good - Portugal would be a long haul for some and may eat into the summer hols too much - especially for the family folks. It's all right for these lazy teaching types with 7 weeks off tongue.gif

hide.gif
TAM
2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#25 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:01 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Tue 19th Aug 2008, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ditto, need to head south where the weather is good, not north where its shite and there are swarms of midges

MT09..... doubtfull.gif i really must find my way around the german forum

gonna bring the missus and kiddie this time?
or are you likely to get told off for making progress? laugh.gif

Jo has got the touring bug big time. She loved meeting Hawman, Hartside and the others. I thought she made good progress with out any twisting of the arm. Reckon she will be up for a visit to Europe next year but I dont think we should take Megs.

#26 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:14 pm

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Tue 19th Aug 2008, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm def doing the German 09G2G if we can get a group together again.

I think there's still some debate about where MT09 will be.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#27 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:27 am

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Tue 19th Aug 2008, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jo has got the touring bug big time. She loved meeting Hawman, Hartside and the others. I thought she made good progress with out any twisting of the arm. Reckon she will be up for a visit to Europe next year but I dont think we should take Megs.

good.gif
sidekick would keep her busy wink.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#28 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:59 pm

QUOTE(Pict @ Tue 19th Aug 2008, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think there's still some debate about where MT09 will be.

What ideas have they got so far?

#29 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:30 pm

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Wed 20th Aug 2008, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What ideas have they got so far?

My German's not good enough to understand it all. Seems even to have been some talk of skipping 09 and going for MT-10, though I think that's gone away. As to location, the Berlin area and the south have both been mentioned IIRC. Will call up Erdferkel to help out - unless someone els from Deutsche-TDM is looking in??

Later note: I've had another look and from what I can understand discussions are about north Germany - to be organised by the Berlin area group. South (Bavaria etc.) likely in 200.

Edited by Pict, 20 August 2008 - 02:42 pm.

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#30 MarkyMark

MarkyMark

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 981 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:32 pm

If I assume
1 - Good Riding - there are 5 days worth of different twisties wherever we end up.
2 - Good Social - there is some common place to stay/congregate

Then my preferences/thinking :-
1 Dordogne (Close enough to be accessible and far enough to make it a trip)
2 Scotland (Very accessible but Weather?)
3 Pyrenees (OK)
4 Portugal (Long way)
5 Norway (£6 pint, Long way, Weather?)

=== === My Criteria ===
Hills and mountains = best chance of 5 days different twisties.
Base location = Different groups can daily ride-out at their own pace.
Weather - South is likely to improve weather prospects, But in July too far is too hot.
Base location = social because folks can eat, drink and talk bollocks
Location about a days ride (600 miles for my butt) = Allows people to come and go to their own schedule if holiday is tight.
Ferry crossing is good - feels like a proper trip.
=== === === =====================

German RTT sounded fun and I might make it one year, but I definitely would like to have a Carpe RTT.

XT1200Z - Big and bouncy

GTR1400 - Chaufer the wife.
XT660Z - Fun and commute.
TDM900 - Yellow.

#31 Chris

Chris

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:00 pm

France sounds good to me

August is France on holiday = full roads & crowded campsites

The leaves fall off the trees in July - v hot usually (but fresher)

#32 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:15 pm

Have dropped a line to the Germa forum and left Ralf a voicemail to askfor clarification of place ans dates. No details as yet, but I've had one response saying they'd be "delighted to welcome another Tommitour" laugh.gif

#33 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,274 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:09 pm

Hanno's declared the German Megatreff will be around Berlin, so how about we try and get a big group of people who can mange the to get the time away to go there, and then do the RTT somewhere closer to home?

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#34 Guest_celticbiker_*

Guest_celticbiker_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:28 pm

How about combining our RTT09 with the MT09.
A couple of days ride to get there, a few days with them and a couple of days to get back.
If they don't mind of course

#35 Guest_RSROCKET_*

Guest_RSROCKET_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:10 pm

VIVE La FRANCE

#36 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:25 pm

QUOTE(celticbiker @ Wed 20th Aug 2008, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about combining our RTT09 with the MT09.
A couple of days ride to get there, a few days with them and a couple of days to get back.
If they don't mind of course

Hanno and the guys were the perfect host last year and organised just about everything to perfection. They even had a meal waiting for us on arrival and a ride out planned for the next day. Tony will vouch for the food especialy the BBQ in the evening rolleyes.gif

#37 Guest_Paddy900_*

Guest_Paddy900_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:25 pm

I would be up for going to the MT09, i might be able to twist the arms of 2 other bikers to go as well good.gif

#38 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 11:02 pm

Have had replies from 3 admministrators of Deutsche-TDM. Evidently there's still a bit of aggro about the organisation of MT-09.

1) Hanno: “You're welcome [to join in]. Though - when we sit around late at night I will once again try to teach our British friends that there is no need to order the beers in dozens. I will post the news at Carpe - just like we did this year.”

2) Lars: “As far as I see it for now: The Berlin community has the priority to host the meeting. They have a "roundtable" soon where they want to form an organising team and discuss the next steps. That said, there is obviously not yet a date nor a location announced. If they decide for any reason that they do not want to or cannot organise the event, then the choice is open again, but I do not see that happening! I hope you can wait some more weeks to make your travel plans, and if the Berlin team is reading here, they should put another action item in their lists to inform the international communities (UK, NL, F, I, CZ, ...).
Hope this helps (for now)”.

3) Martin: “The MT09 will be held as always during Corpus Christi - i.e.10-14 June 2009. It will take place in Berlin or Brandenburg state. We have not yet decided on the exact location, but will announce this as soon as possible. Good that you want to drop in again”.

#39 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 11:09 pm

Doh!! - just found Hanno's thread after all that!

Should be interesting if they do broadcast the news of MT-09 to the rest of Euope!

#40 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 11:36 pm

i think Berlin will be too far for an RTT, some of the older members have delicate arses laugh.gif
but we could time it the week after so we stop off on the way back?
how does this sound for a plan pimp.gif

MT09 for those that want it in the Berlin area 10-14June
leave a few days early, say Sunday 7th, and sort a twisty route out there
vacate Berlin with the rest of the Germans on Sunday 14th and head down to a
Dordogne based RTT09 15-19th June
(its approx 1000miles from Berlin to Bergerac, 2 full days is do-able with a 50/50 mix of twistys and motorway)
that also gives those who arent doing MT09 the weekends either end for travelling

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Wed 20th Aug 2008, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tony will vouch for the food especialy the BBQ in the evening rolleyes.gif

good.gif yum yum badgrock.gif

what say ye oh boss man G and good gentle carpe folk?

My TDM :

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users