• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:24 pm

QUOTE(aircooled68 @ Tue 21st Jul 2009, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great Location, Great Company.... SHI*E run site

Was it just me?????

wifgeni.gif

Unless you were Dutch or a Hell's pigmy you didn't seem welcome.

To be honest I much preferred the municipal site we discovered on the way up north ( and the site attendent was prettier)

BD

ps this in no way undermines or does not appreciate the efforts of the organiser - Mr T

MOTO GUZZI T3 with Le Mans engine, frisky for an old girl
YAMAHA Tracer 700 

RE Himalayan
Down to 3 toys at the moment, need to go shopping I think

I DON'T DO EXERCISE - if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have put cake on the floor

#3 stu

stu

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:01 pm

+1

Bikers camp - with rules ????

Stu

#4 MarkyMark

MarkyMark

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 981 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:04 pm

I enjoyed the place - but I'll drink anywhere.

Just didn't click with some of us - move on.

XT1200Z - Big and bouncy

GTR1400 - Chaufer the wife.
XT660Z - Fun and commute.
TDM900 - Yellow.

#5 aircooled68

aircooled68

RTT11 Wales manager

• 1,581 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:06 pm

agreed..... loved the site and location just the mad woman with ever changing rule's

202323336-M.jpgpost-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#6 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:32 pm

Not accepting cash for beer was insane. There was 15 of us and they did not want beer money to go with bbq money...... cuckoo.gif

Plus side: clean showers and skid marks were removed quickly. and £8.00 a night,

#7 Guest_RSROCKET_*

Guest_RSROCKET_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:32 pm

Cannae be as bad as this place we stayed in Scotland ,Can it?

#8 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:56 pm

the tent sites, perma caravan, cabins, facilities & pool were all fantastic and prices are good.gif

the owners running it were rude and unhelpful, the double standards shown to us compared to their 'Dutch friends' were totally out of order sad.gif
there were a few exceptions, a couple of the staff were nice but their service was hampered by the rules laid down by the owners

2euros for 20cl beer, all beers were pish, the spirits were more expensive than Scandanavia ranting.gif
15euros for an 'all you can eat' BBQ which consisted of 4 bits of meat(that we had to cook ourselves on a pish BBQ) and some salad(which wasnt replenished when emptied and that had been out for a few hours)
we had better food & more to eat at Gs BBQ which cost half that pimp.gif

if you want a site thats simply a place to camp then i'd recommend it
if you want to eat and drink thier i'd suggest someplace else

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#9 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• 1,736 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:18 pm

I'd agree with all the above but I reckon we made the most of it by rising above the crap and taking care of ourselves. The company was great, the roads, scenary and food were fabulous and I'd rate it as a positive experience - Mrs TeDeum and I had a good time and would love to go back another time but not to stay there! I would not recommend anybody to stay there but, as mentioned above, it would be a great place for a quick stop-over as the basic facilities were good. Having said that all that it was me who (sort of!) arranged it so some of the criticism can come my way. In my defence, all my dealings with motocamp by email before the trip were positive and I got no hint that there would be any difficulties. My last memory of the campsite was going in to say goodbye to Renske after settling my bill with Kirsty to have her snap into my face "have you paid?"

2001 TDM. 1990 Serow. 2004 DRZ400.  3 bikes, four cylinders. Who needs more?

Visit My Website

"Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare current" Horace.

"A Pint of Plain is Your Only Man"

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#10 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:21 pm

QUOTE(TeDeum @ Tue 21st Jul 2009, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd agree with all the above but I reckon we made the most of it by rising above the crap and taking care of ourselves.

good.gif

drinks.gif

badgrock.gif

Having said that all that it was me who (sort of!) arranged it so some of the criticism can come my way. In my defence, all my dealings with motocamp by email before the trip were positive and I got no hint that there would be any difficulties.

none of it was your fault matey, the stuff we didnt like wasnt obvious and certainly not available on their website

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#11 big dave

big dave

has been here 4ever

• 1,462 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:17 pm

Having said that all that it was me who (sort of!) arranged it so some of the criticism can come my way.

QUOTE(big dave @ Tue 21st Jul 2009, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ps this in no way undermines or does not appreciate the efforts of the organiser - Mr T

nuff said

BD

MOTO GUZZI T3 with Le Mans engine, frisky for an old girl
YAMAHA Tracer 700 

RE Himalayan
Down to 3 toys at the moment, need to go shopping I think

I DON'T DO EXERCISE - if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have put cake on the floor

#12 endo

endo

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 170 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:45 pm

I have to add my 2p worth in here as I have been here a number of times, but not with the new owners.
Rules!! now that is a new one as the last owner used to say that there was only one rule and that there was no rules!
After reading how much the food was on the RTT they must have put the prices up because we always found the price to be OK.
The new owners also sound grumpy too! we were always made to feel welcome even compared to the dutch bikers and had many a good night until the early hours (ok until the next morning). They would always remember us from the last time we had visited and ask where we had been etc.
So it sounds like things have changed and I dont think we will be paying them a visit, its a shame as the place holds fond memories for us.

Endo

#13 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:37 am

I didn't have a problem with the place and would happily go back. The site itself was great, I loved having my tent under the trees out of the sun, the swimming pool was lovely after a hot day on the bike, and the provision of plastic tables and chairs all around the site was a nice touch. The bar/food prices were expensive but if I'm staying on a camp site I've got my own cooking kit with me and drinks from the supermarket are always going to be cheaper than a bar anyway. As for the card payment system, it meant if I did want something from the bar I didn't end up with a pocket full of loose change, and anything remaining on the card was knocked off the bill (nearly wasn't but that was poor maths skills by the staff rather than malicious). As for the BBQ it was expensive and the BBQ itself was nearly out but then again we did arrive about 2 hours late.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#14 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:37 am

Excellent location, high standards but I didn't see eye to eye with the owners. Call it cultural but IMHO they were a pair of ignorant cnuts!

The arrival procedure was a false, way over the top corporate cheery welcome from ol' alky/40 a day breath and downtrodden hubby and ALL the staff with hearty "long lost cousin" type of handshakes then a staccato fire of rules aimed at anyone non Dutch! Other staff were helpful and friendly. The twice weekly parade around the campsite by the 70s throwback "DJ" dressed in a pink nightie and carrying a blowup doll under his arm was bizarre to say the least - a couple of comments in Yorkshire/Home Counties accents of "Fook off ya tranny poof" were rib ticklingly funny!

When I went tp pay my bill on departure I steered the conversation around to occupations (no, not the War blink.gif ) and announced I was a freelance journalist for motorcycle mags (I also chucked in a comment about some expertise in Range Rovers but thats another story pimp.gif ) - suddenly the Wicked Witch became VERY conversational and thought it was wonderful that the British and Dutch get on so well and share a similar sense of humour! - Aye right, Fook off! rotflmmfao.gif

The whole place seemed setup for yer architypical cruiser/badass Dutch or German biker - nothing wrong with that if it tickles your fancy but don't expect everyone to want the same.....................

Top location! good.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#15 Spongey

Spongey

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:41 am

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Thu 23rd Jul 2009, 03:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Excellent location, high standards but I didn't see eye to eye with the owners.

Didn't think you could see eye to eye with anyone! tongue.gif

#16 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:10 am

He manages it sometimes

rotflmmfao.gif

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#17 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:15 am

Expect a PM yous twos. laugh.gif
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#18 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:19 am

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Thu 23rd Jul 2009, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He manages it sometimes

rotflmmfao.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif rotflmmfao.gif rotflmmfao.gif rotflmmfao.gif
Good one tup.gif
TAM

2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#19 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:19 pm

Chris&Spongey, dont let him buy you a whiskey at the next meet unsure.gif

My TDM :

#20 stu

stu

full o shoite

• 2,060 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:21 pm

QUOTE(Spongey @ Thu 23rd Jul 2009, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Didn't think you could see eye to eye with anyone! tongue.gif

As he says himself, some people can see eye to eye, some can't. Dandy's a can't tongue.gif

Stu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users