147 replies to this topic

#21 bngldsmth

bngldsmth

really likes Carpe

• 82 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:03 pm

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. dry.gif

It's weird that they would make so much effort for such an old bike (not that it isn't a good one of course good.gif). I've always thought that mine would be pretty safe as it's over 10 years old, but i'm not so sure now.

Hope you get it back and the barstewards get whats due to them putemup.gif putemup.gif putemup.gif

#22 newstu

newstu

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:08 pm

shitty news

so sorry to hear about your bike yet again fella

what goes around does come around - we just dont always get to see it!

2002 TDM 900

Please dont tell my Mom I ride a TDM - she thinks I spend my weekends in a brothel

#23 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:43 pm

that's really crap. And it's even worse if you feel you've been targeted (been there with guitar being stolen), then it does feel like it's personal. Normallly, if there is such a thing as normal, bike thieving scrote, TDM's are overlooked, but you seem to have caught the attention of a lowlife in your area, as you say, who's maybe made it his mission to recycle his neighbours bikes. I'm sure I'd be seething right now. I remember the heartbreak of having my first pushbike nicked and doing exactly what you did: looking around the local rough areas for signs of it. It's a horrible feeling.

I wonder if you can tempt some of the local kids to grass this scumbag up by printing pictures of your bike and offering a reward for information about it's whereabouts and, if you got a spare sim card, adding a mobile contact. Just an idea.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#24 newstu

newstu

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:04 pm

QUOTE(muddy @ Tue 28th Sep 2010, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder if you can tempt some of the local kids to grass this scumbag up by printing pictures of your bike and offering a reward for information about it's whereabouts and, if you got a spare sim card, adding a mobile contact. Just an idea.

and rather a good one at that

whilst I can fully understand the big fella's "house brick meet hand solution" (there was a time when I would have considered that the only way). You stand more of a chance of getting you bike back this way - The phrase 'as thick as thieves' refers to their mentality and not their allegiance to one another!
2002 TDM 900

Please dont tell my Mom I ride a TDM - she thinks I spend my weekends in a brothel

#25 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:09 pm

sorry to hear about this mate sad.gif

just remember to have an alibi if your mates happen to find those scrotes wink.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#26 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,760 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:22 pm

Ian,, really really gutted for you mate,, if this were me i would be explosive right now. Defo sounds like some theivin arsehole somewhere not to far from your house..

Having been through problems with scumbags of a similar ilk,, i'm of the opininon that JG is bang on,,,,in some of our worlds it's a matter of giving justice in a way these scumbags will understand,, and that's by being physical,,,,and yes been there and done it.. right or wrong it works.

Crucify the fka's.

Can only wish you the best of luck Ian,, keep us posted.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#27 Guest_LDRider_*

Guest_LDRider_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:44 pm

Just this weekend I heard about this scam where thieves would take parts off your car (e.g., battery), which they probably didn't really want, only to have you replace them, whereby they would then go back for seconds and get the new stuff (e.g., new battery). Pretty difficult to stop a determined thief w/o drastic measures. I have my entire house alarmed, but I doubt that would stop a pro.

#28 Daveb

Daveb

has been here 4ever

• 1,907 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:56 pm

to read that you have been targeted again make me sick, I wondering if they have targeted your bike for some reason. taken once and recovered, so they know where it spends its nights and whats around it, pir lights, gate security, fence panels, ground anchor.

I know what it feels like I had a bandit 600 stolen from ny gargen many years ago, they unscrewed the pir lamps so the contact was broken so no one could see them, but the bulbs were still in place so it looked like nothing was out of the ordianery. they miust have done this a few nights before and watched to see if I checked everything. They moved my old bike up the road with the lock still on it. they used a skateboard under the wheel. I had it returned almost written off (financially)

Lets hope you get a result one way or another

1999 TDM850 MKII Black, Silver (Sold)
2007 Triumph Tiger 955i

#29 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,121 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:11 pm

QUOTE(idlebloke @ Tue 28th Sep 2010, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
edit that 1 word?

Good idea...just need to stop Jolly from adding more. laugh.gif
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#30 JollyGiant

JollyGiant

Crap Citizen

• 3,406 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:14 pm

QUOTE(dapleb @ Tue 28th Sep 2010, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good idea...just need to stop Jolly from adding more. laugh.gif

Oops sorry just caught up!!

Is it the c or f or all of my 'Jolly's special language' that I'm not allowed to use??

Sorry but there are time when it necessary and that was one of them!! rotflmmfao.gif

My Super Modded TDM has gone to a new home :(

I'm now a carbon whore!

#31 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,121 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:19 pm

No worries JG, I edited out the C's....then scanned through the rest and it seems there were alot of other Carpedians with filter blocking comments (and rightly so), so oive given up now. smile.gif

What can we do to help SR? Obviously keep an eye ooot for silver parts but oubt else?

Have you posted the details over on the Face-ache site? I dun't use it but...........

"Mark Bentley is the person that set up the FaceBookgroup for stolen bikes. "
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#32 Guest_leehenty_*

Guest_leehenty_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:33 pm

I am so sorry to hear this SR, i hope it turns up not badly damaged.

#33 charlietbird

charlietbird

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 127 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:44 pm

Not good news at all. It's not fun when you think you are being targetted. I think I am having the same problem, only they are nicking my moumtain bikes. I' m probably not alone, as Iv'e seen some scummy types on very good bikes. Hope your machine is recovered soon, and the damage not too bad. Don't give up

Charlie

#34 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• 1,044 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:36 pm

Really sorry to hear this news SR and my thoughts echo whats already been said by others and hope you have some good luck in finding it.

If you don't, then we can all pray that the bastards come to grief somewhere and break their bloody necks. F@!king scumbags.
Now on 9er number 2 .....

#35 AdyZiv

AdyZiv

sticking around

• 39 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:05 pm

Sorry to hear such bad news studs, if anyway i can help, lemme know.

#36 Guest_TaffyTDM_*

Guest_TaffyTDM_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:42 pm

That is a gutter, I know how you feel man I had my first TDM (91 model) nicked from my front garden, my own fault as I got home late went inside to have quick bite to eat and forgot to lock it, I actually ehard them take it but thought it was my neighbour farting around in the garden.

The best bit though, told the police that nothing was left apart from the steering lock then when I phoned a few days later to see if there was an update they actually told me they'd been around and recovered it, horlicks i'd chucked it away by then.

All we can do is hope that whoever has nicked yours has come off it and died slowly in front of all their family.

#37 jim850wav

jim850wav

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:44 pm

shocked.gif Unf**king believeable.... B*s*ards..... sorry.gif Have to go with JG find them and make sure they are never able to steal anything again... Many a time I have joked when parking my Mk1 along with other more up to date bikes , "No one will take mine parked with this lot " Dirtbags shocked.gif Don,t know what to say cause nothings gonna make you feel any better
Slightly beat up Mk1 but still going

#38 Snorvey

Snorvey

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:45 pm

Hey SR, don't give up on the TDM's - your contributions to the site are far too valuable.

Best of luck

D

Did I mention 135mph?

And that's official

#39 Guest_Pantboy_*

Guest_Pantboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:54 pm

r swipes, i hope the lowlife scum contract necrotizing fasciitis

#40 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:02 pm

Gutted for you, hope you get it back in one piece.
Sound like the previous thieving knobheads have came back to get it again.
TAM
2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users