#41 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 31 July 2020 - 12:46 pm

I'm minded to write to my MP about the auto renewal and keeping my bank card details specifically for that purpose. Unfortunately my MP is now a Conservative and prolly all for it. :lol:

It should be an opt in process. :oldgit:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#42 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 31 July 2020 - 02:58 pm

I tell them at the beginning, middle and end of conversation and tell them I am recording convo (after Carole "forgetting the truth" experience and "losing" the recording despite being given time and date).

They still fail occasionally and get a gob load.

Tishabelles insurer keeps emailing her nearly every day telling her that her card details have changed and they are trying to autorenew....which they were told not to do.

Mayhaps request new bank card every year to stop these crooks.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#43 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 03:36 pm

Pain innit.

Or request a paper bill, if they even know what one is. :lol:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#44 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,508 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 31 July 2020 - 07:08 pm

I think you should write to your MP. And you should ask him to pass your comments onto the current enquiry which is taking place into the (disfunctional) insurance industry. It is the Financial Conduct Office or summat that has undertaken this enquiry - not before time, I say.
PS You might give him a link to this thread... or maybe not.
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#45 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 20 August 2020 - 10:18 pm

This time it was Home Contents insurance - now just like bikes, a rise of 11.5% was asked. So I phoned and said I was thinking of leaving. So they gave me the same premium as current year. What a faff!
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#46 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 20 August 2020 - 10:41 pm

Putting the fun in dysfunctional........

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#47 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 10 March 2021 - 12:25 pm

And round we go again, this year's renewal up 30% with Swinton. No claims or anything.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#48 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 10 March 2021 - 12:59 pm

Aunty Nash came through protected NBC £69.21. down 10% from last year.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#49 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 10 March 2021 - 04:00 pm

just done mine, £173 agreed value for 3 bikes RH insurance

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#50 Apache

Apache

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 10 March 2021 - 05:09 pm

I've been looking at this recently because mine's due. Carole Nash want 340 squid for the TDM and two oldies. Granted EU breakdown included but I can insure all three separately for 200. So, I'm looking at a RAC personal cover which would cover all three bikes plus mine and the bride's car plus owt else I'm a passenger in. Checking out the details for get you home cover and reading reviews it seems get you home doesn't apply to motorcycle puncture ( just to the nearest tyre depot ). The online complaints could be bollocks and I can't get a straight answer from RAC......anybody with experience of a puncture with get you home cover ??
I carry a compressor and slime kit but I'm just thinking if I'm riding with Studley that might not be enough ;)

#51 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 09:16 pm

lol.  I may be riding alone this year. :lol:

I allus carry a puncture repair kit and compressor, and I have personal breakdown cover with the AA wot oi got for half price with AA car insurance.  No idea if a puncture is covered for getting me home though but no too fussed really as I'd most likely repair it.

#52 steve27bha

steve27bha

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 10 March 2021 - 09:36 pm

.... So, I'm looking at a RAC personal cover ...

Buy it with Tesco vouchers if you have any - I used to do this and the vouchers were worth three times face value, making this route a real bargain.

TDM900A 2008/09 in use, with     gallery_179098_391_770.jpg sml_gallery_179098_391_1145.jpg  gallery_179098_391_1206.jpg gallery_179098_391_253.jpg gallery_179098_391_82.jpg gallery_179098_391_725.gif gallery_179098_391_797.jpg gallery_179098_391_1396.jpg gallery_179098_391_501.jpg gallery_179098_391_316.jpg  gallery_179098_391_1768.jpg gallery_179098_391_106.jpggallery_179098_391_2170.jpg gallery_179098_391_1373.jpg

CBX750FE in reserve; Cagiva N90 125 now rebuilt & in use.

#53 Apache

Apache

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 11 March 2021 - 04:47 pm

Buy it with Tesco vouchers if you have any - I used to do this and the vouchers were worth three times face value, making this route a real bargain.

Thanks for the tip..didn't know Tesco covered it...Our vouchers are usually swallowed up by Eurotunnel but we have a Covid induced surplus at the minute.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users