#1 apw99

apw99

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 20 November 2008 - 09:06 am

Black 900 spotted going down FitzWilliam Place in Dublin at ~ 8:30am.....mmmm...nice and clean!

Have you ever lent someone 20 quid and never seen it again? It was probably worth it.

Long Loved TDM is no longer with me...

#2 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 20 November 2008 - 04:38 pm

jaysus i used to work on Fitz Pl. back in 92.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#3 apw99

apw99

has been here 4ever

• 1,316 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:07 pm

Wiki - I was just there for the week on a course. It was very taumatising mind you, the bus commute not the course! Insurance ran out the week before so the bike is resting at the moment..
Seem to be seeing and hearing of quite a few TDMs around DUblin these days that don't pop up on the this forum.

Have you ever lent someone 20 quid and never seen it again? It was probably worth it.

Long Loved TDM is no longer with me...

#4 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• 1,736 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:44 pm

Judging by the number of Irish members on carpe these days I reckon the country is knee deep in TDMs. Not in Kerry though!

2001 TDM. 1990 Serow. 2004 DRZ400.  3 bikes, four cylinders. Who needs more?

Visit My Website

"Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare current" Horace.

"A Pint of Plain is Your Only Man"

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#5 Guest_Kelpie_*

Guest_Kelpie_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:57 pm

There might be a blue one running round Dundrum area next weekend too! If I get her back together in time. rolleyes.gif

#6 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:20 pm

Dundrum, in Dublin?

#7 Guest_Kelpie_*

Guest_Kelpie_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:15 pm

QUOTE(danceswithmopeds @ Mon 24th Nov 2008, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dundrum, in Dublin?

The very same.

#8 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:11 pm

Whereabouts are you going, 'cos I live there. Are you going to be on bike or what?

#9 Guest_Kelpie_*

Guest_Kelpie_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:58 pm

QUOTE(danceswithmopeds @ Mon 24th Nov 2008, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whereabouts are you going, 'cos I live there. Are you going to be on bike or what?

Boyfriend lives just off the roundabout at the M50 junction. If I've got my bits and pieces in time, I'll be on the TDM. If not, it'll be the R1. He's rides a silver and black 05 Vara XL with high screen, or a 94 aging ZX9. Roof boxer helmet.

We usually join a Sunday morning breakfast run with a few IBF members. If you wanna come along you'd be more than welcome.

K

#10 andyj

andyj

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:22 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Thu 20th Nov 2008, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
jaysus i used to work on Fitz Pl. back in 92.

So did I occasionally - or at least whenever I popped over to the Dublin office 2 or 3 times a year. Maybe a couple of years after that, though.
Another boring night & I'm feeling pissed....

#11 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:42 pm

Sunday Morning?
Whats them?

#12 Guest_Kelpie_*

Guest_Kelpie_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:58 pm

QUOTE(danceswithmopeds @ Tue 25th Nov 2008, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sunday Morning?
Whats them?

Sunday morning is biker time. Lovely twisties with not too many cars on the road. badgrock.gif

#13 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:50 pm

Kelpie you and the fella ever go up to 'The Blue Light' ferra rock shandy and to take in the views ? Dances oil be up there at Christmas but in the car.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

#14 Guest_Kelpie_*

Guest_Kelpie_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:48 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Wed 26th Nov 2008, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kelpie you and the fella ever go up to 'The Blue Light' ferra rock shandy and to take in the views ? Dances oil be up there at Christmas but in the car.

Nope, but the fella will probably know it. You from Wickla then?

#15 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:53 pm

QUOTE(Kelpie @ Wed 26th Nov 2008, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope, but the fella will probably know it. You from Wickla then?

I am indeed, but be careful if ya go there as it's inhabited by badgers.

#16 Guest_Kelpie_*

Guest_Kelpie_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:44 pm

My bloke says he knows your bike, Dances. Just down from Redmond's shop. He's never seen it on the road though, just parked outside your place. Says it's a lovely colour and he's often admired it. Mr Redmond bought my CBR600fs in the summer.

So..... if you're out and a bout and you see this nutter on a Vara, beware! blush.gif

Getting his knee down. rolleyes.gif

Attached Files

#17 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:59 pm

Kelpie,
Small world is it not? Peter Redmond I know for 40 yrs or so. He was only talking about his bike last week.
Bike is outside when I'm working in the garage at my bench. Not every day though.
Your man's face looks familiar, I think I've seen him around.
Blue on Saturday night? I'll pm my mobile number.

Wicky, look forward to seeing you over the humbug season. Call or text me.

#18 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:27 am

jaysus Kelpie i hope he didn't spill his tay ! I tink i recognise him from Garda Patrol !!

Edited by wicklamulla, 27 November 2008 - 12:27 am.

#19 Guest_Kelpie_*

Guest_Kelpie_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:18 am

rotflmmfao.gif

You might!

It was actually fairly safe, he didn't run me over and I was taking the pic! tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users