#21 Kpnuts

Kpnuts

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 157 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:35 pm

QUOTE(jude @ Mon 12th Feb 2007, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This thread is going to outstrip all the others wicky.. tongue.gif ...hey kp...we went out for a little spin yeaterday which started as a whim, of course instigated from me, We set of from liverpool at 12.noon and ended up in skegness at about three, saw my brother, had a meal with him and set off back again and i can tell you the A16 road between grimsby and skegness is a must for bikers,that road was made for us.....though i wish i had heated grips, couldnt feel my hands.
we might go for kirby lonsdale next week, devils bridge is calling..lol. good.gif

I try to get to Grimsby myself as much as poss, my cousin lives just on it`s edge down Tom Hammonds Way. My last trip there had me beat. Set off in sunshine but the weather rapidly went down hill and I nearly cut a groove through the first roundabout entering into Grimsby I was bleeding frozen and slow to react, I should have known the old women indicating to exit to my right wouldn`t. Yep, oblivious to it all she carried on in the outside lane to the next exit. At least the inner lane was clear for me to steady myself up..
Now the Skeggy run down the A16.. car only so far i`m afraid. Me and da missus luv Lincoln and I never thought to go from there. Spent many hols there in Skeggy when i were but a nipper... isn`t there a village called Gibraltar??

Just thinking... that was some trip yer did... on a wim??....mmmmmm!!

Lonsdale is brill even on a bad day... but then again I got me heated grips now... yahoo.gif

Damn i should be making da wifes tea... huh.gif
Well, everyone knows that the speed of light is 299,792,456 meters per second. and thats all very fine and dandy, and it explaines a lot in our universe ......or is maybe it opens up more questions than answers, and the most important of those is....what is the speed of dark?

#22 Guest_jude_*

Guest_jude_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:21 am

QUOTE(Kpnuts @ Mon 12th Feb 2007, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I try to get to Grimsby myself as much as poss, my cousin lives just on it`s edge down Tom Hammonds Way. My last trip there had me beat. Set off in sunshine but the weather rapidly went down hill and I nearly cut a groove through the first roundabout entering into Grimsby I was bleeding frozen and slow to react, I should have known the old women indicating to exit to my right wouldn`t. Yep, oblivious to it all she carried on in the outside lane to the next exit. At least the inner lane was clear for me to steady myself up..
Now the Skeggy run down the A16.. car only so far i`m afraid. Me and da missus luv Lincoln and I never thought to go from there. Spent many hols there in Skeggy when i were but a nipper... isn`t there a village called Gibraltar??

Just thinking... that was some trip yer did... on a wim??....mmmmmm!!

Lonsdale is brill even on a bad day... but then again I got me heated grips now... yahoo.gif
Damn i should be making da wifes tea... huh.gif

hehehe well its 17 mins past midnight and i hope you have the tea made for mrs kpnuts or she is going to be very very hungry...lol..
Its strange cos as we,my partner and me, came out of grimsby i think it was about the second roundabout, I happened to look over my left shoulder to see why there was a white car sitting next to me only to see my brother grinning at me, it was quite by chance he was there and we were on our way to see him too...lol.

Not sure where to go when we get to lonsdale for devils bridge but im sure we will find it, would it be sign posted at all?

#23 Kpnuts

Kpnuts

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:05 pm

QUOTE(jude @ Tue 13th Feb 2007, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hehehe well its 17 mins past midnight and i hope you have the tea made for mrs kpnuts or she is going to be very very hungry...lol..
Its strange cos as we,my partner and me, came out of grimsby i think it was about the second roundabout, I happened to look over my left shoulder to see why there was a white car sitting next to me only to see my brother grinning at me, it was quite by chance he was there and we were on our way to see him too...lol.

Not sure where to go when we get to lonsdale for devils bridge but im sure we will find it, would it be sign posted at all?

Hi.. she just walked through door just as i got up but thankfully her mate had fed her.. I`d have only burnt it anyways..

I presume you will go up the M6 then and off to Lonsdale from Lancaster.. but which ever, you`ll turn off up to Lonsdale along the A65. You`ll descend down towards the river. Kirkby Lonsdale is on the opposite side of the river up the climb. There are usually Police patrols down at the bottom for the idiots but not always this time of year. As you come down the hill you will see to your right bikes parked near the food hut..( jam packed in summer) turn right at the bottom and enter along the road and into parking spot. Look over the bridge and you`ll see how to cool ones feet after a hot days riding.
The road you turn on, to the car park, leads out into fantastic countryside and will bring you to Hawes.. another brill bike stop off.. and camping if you need it.
It`s usually not untill Thursdays of Fridays that i tell the misses if we got a trip on up there .. It`s not that far for us but if weather mucks up at least we haven't got a long journey back through it.

P.s the toilets are a short walk over the bridge passed the burger hut ... just in case..

Eeeerrr!! hello wicky good.gif
Well, everyone knows that the speed of light is 299,792,456 meters per second. and thats all very fine and dandy, and it explaines a lot in our universe ......or is maybe it opens up more questions than answers, and the most important of those is....what is the speed of dark?

#24 Guest_jude_*

Guest_jude_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:19 pm

QUOTE(Kpnuts @ Tue 13th Feb 2007, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi.. she just walked through door just as i got up but thankfully her mate had fed her.. I`d have only burnt it anyways..

I presume you will go up the M6 then and off to Lonsdale from Lancaster.. but which ever, you`ll turn off up to Lonsdale along the A65. You`ll descend down towards the river. Kirkby Lonsdale is on the opposite side of the river up the climb. There are usually Police patrols down at the bottom for the idiots but not always this time of year. As you come down the hill you will see to your right bikes parked near the food hut..( jam packed in summer) turn right at the bottom and enter along the road and into parking spot. Look over the bridge and you`ll see how to cool ones feet after a hot days riding.
The road you turn on, to the car park, leads out into fantastic countryside and will bring you to Hawes.. another brill bike stop off.. and camping if you need it.
It`s usually not untill Thursdays of Fridays that i tell the misses if we got a trip on up there .. It`s not that far for us but if weather mucks up at least we haven't got a long journey back through it.

P.s the toilets are a short walk over the bridge passed the burger hut ... just in case..

Eeeerrr!! hello wicky good.gif

yay...thanks for the kp,and yes we will be using the m6 but, I have been looking at the map and saw an alternative "a2 road, as i am the navigator out of the two of us its always a good idea to plan ahead... devile bridge sounds like a haven and so too does that river.
I went out with my daughter and my mate today, she has a yamaha xj 600 and we went to get her some soft pannies and a battery and we went to the hen and chicken across th road from there for a meal, not a bad meal and not bad service either,and her pannies only cost £60.

So whats this other place like you mentioned?
and have you fed the wife?...lol rolleyes.gif and why is man husband to be sitting across the room from me singing in a very high pitched voice...lol...nutter.

#25 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:10 pm

QUOTE(jude @ Tue 13th Feb 2007, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So whats this other place like you mentioned?
and have you fed the wife?...lol rolleyes.gif and why is man husband to be sitting across the room from me singing in a very high pitched voice...lol...nutter.

there are a few piccies in my Gallery hawes , hartside, devils, helmsley.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#26 Guest_jude_*

Guest_jude_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:16 pm

QUOTE(Hartside Man @ Tue 13th Feb 2007, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
there are a few piccies in my Gallery hawes , hartside, devils, helmsley.

awww thanks, im gonna take a look now, how you diddling hon? good.gif

#27 Guest_jude_*

Guest_jude_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:59 pm

QUOTE(jude @ Tue 13th Feb 2007, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
awww thanks, im gonna take a look now, how you diddling hon? good.gif

looks very idilic there and we will be paying a visit soon, but i will wait for summer to dip me toes in the water im afraid..lol

#28 Kpnuts

Kpnuts

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 09:26 pm

QUOTE(jude @ Tue 13th Feb 2007, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looks very idilic there and we will be paying a visit soon, but i will wait for summer to dip me toes in the water im afraid..lol

XJ 600 was me dream bike all them yrs ago... saw one last yr at local garage and also an RD 350.. then i thought were the hell am i going to put em.. got a half built yam xs 250 and suzuki gs 250 in garage so wife say NO .. our foundry building is big but brother goes on and on about me sons bike rotting away there so that was a no... so feck it. Another time..

the good thing about living in Skipton is we central to both coast lines and they are within relative easy reach. Also to travel straight up towards h lakes is pretty straight forward. Whitby, wifes soft spot, is a no go for me ... its so fecking awkward to get to.

Most of my trips i do are just because someone said it`s a good place.. some of da friends want full reports and 100% feed back.. i say feck it just go.. no good?? then dont go again.

Today would have been great and i could have closed shop and gone for ride out but delivery's pending (that never turned up anyway) left me sat in da works.

hoping Sunday morn is half decent..

Anyway must go cause son`s bird just kicked him into touch.. (some valentines present) and we are landed with abandoned kitten.. torn between two lovers...

jeeze...

#29 Guest_jude_*

Guest_jude_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2007 - 06:20 pm

QUOTE(Kpnuts @ Wed 14th Feb 2007, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
XJ 600 was me dream bike all them yrs ago... saw one last yr at local garage and also an RD 350.. then i thought were the hell am i going to put em.. got a half built yam xs 250 and suzuki gs 250 in garage so wife say NO .. our foundry building is big but brother goes on and on about me sons bike rotting away there so that was a no... so feck it. Another time..

the good thing about living in Skipton is we central to both coast lines and they are within relative easy reach. Also to travel straight up towards h lakes is pretty straight forward. Whitby, wifes soft spot, is a no go for me ... its so fecking awkward to get to.

Most of my trips i do are just because someone said it`s a good place.. some of da friends want full reports and 100% feed back.. i say feck it just go.. no good?? then dont go again.

Today would have been great and i could have closed shop and gone for ride out but delivery's pending (that never turned up anyway) left me sat in da works.

hoping Sunday morn is half decent..

Anyway must go cause son`s bird just kicked him into touch.. (some valentines present) and we are landed with abandoned kitten.. torn between two lovers...

jeeze...

I know one thing for sure,,,,if the weather is good on sunday, we will be paying devils bridge a visit. thats if my man wants to go...lol...try stopping him.

have you tried the horse shoe pass in north wales, its a beautiful part of the country and beware of suicidal sheep on the side of the road, they seem oblivious to passing traffic and carry on eating for wales. biggrin.gif

#30 Kpnuts

Kpnuts

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 09:41 pm

QUOTE(jude @ Thu 15th Feb 2007, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know one thing for sure,,,,if the weather is good on sunday, we will be paying devils bridge a visit. thats if my man wants to go...lol...try stopping him.

have you tried the horse shoe pass in north wales, its a beautiful part of the country and beware of suicidal sheep on the side of the road, they seem oblivious to passing traffic and carry on eating for wales. biggrin.gif

Was taking wife and kids to Cornwall one summer many yrs ago.. ended up in north wales... yer.. strange eh?.. its one that often the wife repeats when we got company.. long story but I`m mentally scared so don't think i could ever go there again. blink.gif

Ian (pict) is up at Harrogate this weekend and hopes to have time to call in. I`ll ring him tomorrow night he might want to go to Devils bridge himself Sunday.

banana.gif

#31 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 16 February 2007 - 03:09 am

QUOTE(Kpnuts @ Thu 15th Feb 2007, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was taking wife and kids to Cornwall one summer many yrs ago.. ended up in north wales... yer.. strange eh?.. its one that often the wife repeats when we got company.. long story but I`m mentally scared so don't think i could ever go there again. blink.gif

Ian (pict) is up at Harrogate this weekend and hopes to have time to call in. I`ll ring him tomorrow night he might want to go to Devils bridge himself Sunday.

banana.gif

Bollix it's my weekend in on 12 hour night shifts, or i would have been there as well sad.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#32 Kpnuts

Kpnuts

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:25 pm

QUOTE(Hartside Man @ Fri 16th Feb 2007, 02:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bollix it's my weekend in on 12 hour night shifts, or i would have been there as well sad.gif

Shame...

Pict (Ian) was here this aft. We manged to find the guy about the bash plates for the 900 so at least he has a better idea how to proceed with it.

Devils bridge in morn.. but I haven't looked at weather.. I have to be at Bolton Abbey to see a customer at 12ish.. so Jude, if yers going then thats my schedule.. by for now

#33 Guest_jude_*

Guest_jude_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2007 - 06:48 pm

QUOTE(Kpnuts @ Thu 15th Feb 2007, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

banana.gif

hehehehe how did you manage that then, like cornwall is a bit out of the way of wales dont you think.....lol.

well you did attempt to get there at least, thatsd where i was from, cornwall. I have been in merseyside for twenty years and i plead insanity. i will ayttempt to ride down to cornwall when i get the time, i know its gonna be a long haul but its gonna be worth the pain, i have griven down a few times and it was a peace of piss.

So how long ago was this then...fancy getting lost ...let me see.cornwall.....wales...no cant see it...lol yeahyeahyeah.gif

#34 Guest_jude_*

Guest_jude_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2007 - 06:52 pm

QUOTE(Kpnuts @ Sat 17th Feb 2007, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shame...

Pict (Ian) was here this aft. We manged to find the guy about the bash plates for the 900 so at least he has a better idea how to proceed with it.

Devils bridge in morn.. but I haven't looked at weather.. I have to be at Bolton Abbey to see a customer at 12ish.. so Jude, if yers going then thats my schedule.. by for now

kp...we didnt get to devils bridge, we went to preston cos my mate was there and when we got there they went before we left and i was spitting feathers cos i wanted to tdo devils bridge instead, but i am not going to let any one talk me into any thing else next sunday cos iwe, my man and me are deffinatley going to devils bridge....my fella says hi

#35 Kpnuts

Kpnuts

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 08:53 pm

QUOTE(jude @ Sun 18th Feb 2007, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
kp...we didnt get to devils bridge, we went to preston cos my mate was there and when we got there they went before we left and i was spitting feathers cos i wanted to tdo devils bridge instead, but i am not going to let any one talk me into any thing else next sunday cos iwe, my man and me are deffinatley going to devils bridge....my fella says hi

As goes the Cornwall trip.. yer, the we got there..Hale was the destination.. we set off at 2 in the morn in the car so the kids would sleep on way down. We were supposed to putting food on for sister and her hubby for when they arrived. We were sat in lay-by with quarter of journey to do when a car passed beeping it`s horn.. yep the sister. and she set off at 6.
I could tell you about the time i went to Blackpool with a van to help move me mate back to Bradford.. Well I never visited Wigan before.. how was I to to know it wasn`t Blackpool... did notice the missing sea and tower though.

As goes devils bridge .. i cant believe you didnt turn up. My god, through trouble and strife I killed myself to get there.. well maybe near it.. ok a few miles from it... maybe a lot of miles from it.. how far is Burnley from Kirkby Lonsdale ?

I`ve figured out now why you shouldn`t connect yer mobi to the intercom.. cause everyone rings yer and wants..wants and wants.

The thing is I do it so the worrying wife can ring and be put at ease.. but actually she never rings it`s bloody every other `wanter` that wants rings.

So i spent a day motoring from this place to that place and never got off.

But next week come rain or shine me and the missus is boarding TDM Airways .. runway one will be clear for take off and the weather fair to middling...
Kirkby Longsdale here we come.. after Selby that is.. wife just said "Selby.. have you forgotten Selby..".. DOH!!

#36 Guest_jude_*

Guest_jude_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2007 - 09:04 pm

QUOTE(Kpnuts @ Sun 18th Feb 2007, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As goes the Cornwall trip.. yer, the we got there..Hale was the destination.. we set off at 2 in the morn in the car so the kids would sleep on way down. We were supposed to putting food on for sister and her hubby for when they arrived. We were sat in lay-by with quarter of journey to do when a car passed beeping it`s horn.. yep the sister. and she set off at 6.
I could tell you about the time i went to Blackpool with a van to help move me mate back to Bradford.. Well I never visited Wigan before.. how was I to to know it wasn`t Blackpool... did notice the missing sea and tower though.

As goes devils bridge .. i cant believe you didnt turn up. My god, through trouble and strife I killed myself to get there.. well maybe near it.. ok a few miles from it... maybe a lot of miles from it.. how far is Burnley from Kirkby Lonsdale ?

I`ve figured out now why you shouldn`t connect yer mobi to the intercom.. cause everyone rings yer and wants..wants and wants.

The thing is I do it so the worrying wife can ring and be put at ease.. but actually she never rings it`s bloody every other `wanter` that wants rings.

So i spent a day motoring from this place to that place and never got off.

But next week come rain or shine me and the missus is boarding TDM Airways .. runway one will be clear for take off and the weather fair to middling...
Kirkby Longsdale here we come.. after Selby that is.. wife just said "Selby.. have you forgotten Selby..".. DOH!!

ok...my mate can go swivell next week unless she wants to come along as well but i doubt she will ,she is mile shy on her bike, if its not around here she wont go there..lol.

but my man says its a date,,,hmmm,,, Im getting worried about him..lol

I used to live in hayle for a short while with me brother..but i was not keen on the place..bit boring, me at the time being a terraway teen with to little room to run wild in!!! how the hell could I have had too little room to run wild in down in cornwall???

Whats at selby then, is that anywhere near kirby lonsdale and are you likely to get lost on the way next week lol nutter.

#37 Kpnuts

Kpnuts

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 10:52 pm

QUOTE(jude @ Sun 18th Feb 2007, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok...my mate can go swivell next week unless she wants to come along as well but i doubt she will ,she is mile shy on her bike, if its not around here she wont go there..lol.

but my man says its a date,,,hmmm,,, Im getting worried about him..lol

I used to live in hayle for a short while with me brother..but i was not keen on the place..bit boring, me at the time being a terraway teen with to little room to run wild in!!! how the hell could I have had too little room to run wild in down in cornwall???

Whats at selby then, is that anywhere near kirby lonsdale and are you likely to get lost on the way next week lol nutter.

Dont you know the old song of Selby?
well, neither do I
but i digress
Her brother is there and I forgot (as the wife reminds me) that i promised to teach the kids how to swim.. a brick comes to mind.
although i reckon to make good haste to Longsdale.. Selby as the .. the..hold on.. it as the..
well i`ve forgotten
The SHIRE.. the shire pub .. thats it.. a bikers pub to be had.
Put that on yer list TO DO

wat a pub..
popcorn.. the wifes made me popcorn

thats me for tonight then

#38 Guest_jude_*

Guest_jude_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2007 - 11:24 pm

QUOTE(Kpnuts @ Sun 18th Feb 2007, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dont you know the old song of Selby?
well, neither do I
but i digress
Her brother is there and I forgot (as the wife reminds me) that i promised to teach the kids how to swim.. a brick comes to mind.
although i reckon to make good haste to Longsdale.. Selby as the .. the..hold on.. it as the..
well i`ve forgotten
The SHIRE.. the shire pub .. thats it.. a bikers pub to be had.
Put that on yer list TO DO

wat a pub..
popcorn.. the wifes made me popcorn

thats me for tonight then

ha ha ..random...i love it...
is that pub near kirby lonsdale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users