Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 14 July 2006 - 11:50 pm

Just a thought .

hows about everone who took pictures, send them to me on a cd/ dvd and i will compile a dvd of all the pictures with an animated slideshow.

and send all those that fancy said disk a copy in the post good.gif

is this a good idea or not smile.gif

comments welcome.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#2 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 15 July 2006 - 04:46 am

QUOTE(amarko5 @ Sat 15th Jul 2006, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a thought .

hows about everone who took pictures, send them to me on a cd/ dvd and i will compile a dvd of all the pictures with an animated slideshow.

comments welcome.

Great and club-friendly idea yeahyeahyeah.gif good.gif yahoo.gif , but it could be a big thing to take on dry.gif - bound to be popular. Be sure to cover your costs, too!

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#3 nitram

nitram

Carpe groupie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 15 July 2006 - 06:51 am

QUOTE(Pict @ Sat 15th Jul 2006, 05:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great and club-friendly idea yeahyeahyeah.gif good.gif yahoo.gif , but it could be a big thing to take on dry.gif - bound to be popular. Be sure to cover your costs, too!

I've got a spare tub of blank full face printable DVD's (16x -R's) here I am willing to donate to the cause, I can print something on the front before I send em out, just let me know what piccy you want on the front.

#4 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,657 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 15 July 2006 - 08:07 am

QUOTE(amarko5 @ Sat 15th Jul 2006, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-//-
-//-

it is ! it is !
would the images be available in jpg? or in the flash only?

but dont forget postage costs, snot free that.
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

yamaha : xv535/92-92 | red TDM850/92-05 | silver TDM900A/05-

get them here

#5 Dave in Thailand

Dave in Thailand

Carpe fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 182 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 15 July 2006 - 08:48 am

You could all join flickr.com and have a private group, this allows slideshows and lots of other cool things, too. I don't know why I'm getting so excited, I wasn't even there ranting.gif

#6 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 15 July 2006 - 10:07 am

QUOTE(nitram @ Sat 15th Jul 2006, 07:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've got a spare tub of blank full face printable DVD's (16x -R's) here I am willing to donate to the cause, I can print something on the front before I send em out, just let me know what piccy you want on the front.

Good man! yahoo.gif good.gif

Edited by Pict, 15 July 2006 - 10:09 am.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#7 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 15 July 2006 - 10:34 am

FAB....its an idea that Brains to could proud of! good.gif
i'll donate my pics and videos too....

if its ok with you, i'll put them up on my ftp site for you to download.
if anyone else wants to do that just PM me, and i'll give you an username/password & instructions.

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#8 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 15 July 2006 - 12:49 pm

wicked idea !!! does that mean i have to now install the user software onto me laptop fer that CD writer i bought 12 months ago and is still sitting in the cupboard........ !!

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#9 Buzz

Buzz

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 17 July 2006 - 02:58 pm

Hi Amarko,

I have only about 20 pics , but if you PM me an address I'll bash you off a disk

Brill idea, though, and I'd love a disk back with all the pics from everybody (jpg preferred yahoo.gif

Buzz
NOSTALGIA IS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE

#10 nitram

nitram

Carpe groupie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 03:32 pm

rolleyes.gif Right, I've got my DVD's here all waiting to either be sent off, or printed and sent off.

Now if you want a picture on it I need one made up, it needs to be square and at least 800x800 pixels with a decent depth,(at least 72dpi). If someone wants to create a suitable RTT piccie that everyone can vote on then I'll print off the discs and send em off to amarko.

I quite like this picture for the label on the DVD but it needs to be square:

Oh one other thing, no writing in the middle cos that's where the hole in the DVD is rolleyes.gif

I've got 25 DVD's to donate to the cause biggrin.gif

#11 Spyder

Spyder

sticking around

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:45 pm

Top Idea a real club feel to it! good.gif

#12 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:38 am

QUOTE(nitram @ Tue 18th Jul 2006, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rolleyes.gif Right, I've got my DVD's here all waiting to either be sent off, or printed and sent off.

Now if you want a picture on it I need one made up, it needs to be square and at least 800x800 pixels with a decent depth,(at least 72dpi). If someone wants to create a suitable RTT piccie that everyone can vote on then I'll print off the discs and send em off to amarko.

I quite like this picture for the label on the DVD but it needs to be square:

Oh one other thing, no writing in the middle cos that's where the hole in the DVD is rolleyes.gif

I've got 25 DVD's to donate to the cause biggrin.gif

thats very good of you Nitram banana.gif

iv'e been having problems accessing the site this last week - hence my no posts.

about covering the costs for postage.. if it gets too expensive then i may have too, but hopefully if i just use paper sleeves and send 2nd class it should not be too expensive. blink.gif

will work on a label design nitty , what software do you use to print em (i might have the same software)

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#13 nitram

nitram

Carpe groupie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:57 am

QUOTE(amarko5 @ Thu 20th Jul 2006, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thats very good of you Nitram banana.gif

iv'e been having problems accessing the site this last week - hence my no posts.

about covering the costs for postage.. if it gets too expensive then i may have too, but hopefully if i just use paper sleeves and send 2nd class it should not be too expensive. blink.gif

will work on a label design nitty , what software do you use to print em (i might have the same software)

I use Epson PrintCD and print directly onto the disc, not onto sticky labels.

#14 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 12:03 pm

QUOTE(nitram @ Thu 20th Jul 2006, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I use Epson PrintCD and print directly onto the disc, not onto sticky labels.

ahh ohh dear, i dont have that one huh.gif still will make up a suitable sized picture for the said dvd.

i feel it's gonna take a while to collate all the pictures, especially as quite a few aint back on here yet.
and dappers and dandy are still swanning around europe cool.gif

anyway not a big rush really (which is just as well cos i can be slow tongue.gif smile.gif )

#15 nitram

nitram

Carpe groupie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 01:49 pm

QUOTE(amarko5 @ Thu 20th Jul 2006, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ahh ohh dear, i dont have that one huh.gif still will make up a suitable sized picture for the said dvd.

i feel it's gonna take a while to collate all the pictures, especially as quite a few aint back on here yet.
and dappers and dandy are still swanning around europe cool.gif

anyway not a big rush really (which is just as well cos i can be slow tongue.gif smile.gif )

Just as long as the picture is square and at least 800x800 (pixels) then it'll be fine. Also no text across the middle.
I use photoshop to create a (generally 1000x1000) blank square template, then create a new layer with a circle that fit's exactly inside the square, then start filling the template up with images with the circle layer hidden.
I unhide the circle layer every now and then to make sure any text will fit onto the disc fine, if the circle cuts across it at all I move the text/images across a bit cool.gif

#16 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 05:34 pm

QUOTE(amarko5 @ Thu 20th Jul 2006, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-//-

ya had me fooled then ! not on a TDM yer not

i'll upload a zipped file onto toneskis FTP for you to download.
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

yamaha : xv535/92-92 | red TDM850/92-05 | silver TDM900A/05-

get them here

#17 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 09:19 pm

QUOTE(Guinness @ Sat 22nd Jul 2006, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ya had me fooled then ! not on a TDM yer not

i'll upload a zipped file onto toneskis FTP for you to download.

ok dokey let me know the name when your done uploading it good.gif

#18 wrex

wrex

sticking around

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:40 am

sorry, i've been waiting for broadband to be installed at the new house (two and a half feckin' weeks!). PM me your addy 'flyboy' and i'll send you a few piccies on disc.

#19 Big Bird

Big Bird

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:03 pm

QUOTE(amarko5 @ Sat 15th Jul 2006, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
..... i will compile a dvd of all the pictures with an animated slideshow.

any chance of posting one to the antipodes? Please? pretty please??

#20 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:15 pm

QUOTE(Big Bird @ Wed 26th Jul 2006, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
any chance of posting one to the antipodes? Please? pretty please??

I would say so , but at present there aint been many responders sending me picies rolleyes.gif

so far buzz and wrex and guiness have asked for the address wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users