• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 TKC

TKC

discovering Carpe

• 13 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 20 May 2021 - 01:13 pm

Started in sunny Ayrshire on Sunday and rode the quieter roads across to Dalmellington and Loch Doon. Pretty wet down that way, getting heavier the closer we got to the loch. At least the Roundhouse was open for coffee, chips and a welcome seat in the dry. Not many bikes out at all.

Attached Files

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 20 May 2021 - 01:50 pm

I thought this were aboot lock doon but looks like much more fun if a little soggy.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 20 May 2021 - 06:19 pm

And did you spot an Osprey.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#4 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 20 May 2021 - 06:41 pm

Them handy stop offs make all the difference when the weather 'aint playing ball.  Still, nice to get out on quiet roads eh. :good: Get some handguards, you'll love 'em.  :lol: 

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#5 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

has been here 4ever

• 2,049 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 20 May 2021 - 09:01 pm

I thought this were aboot lock doon but looks like much more fun if a little soggy.

Lol, yup. I thought it was summit about Scottish quarantine, too.

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#6 TKC

TKC

discovering Carpe

• 13 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 09:33 pm

And did you spot an Osprey.

There's a nesting pair on the other side of the loch. They have a live TV feed in the Cafe, so we had a look at that.

Lol, yup. I thought it was summit about Scottish quarantine, too.

:lol:

It was tipping it down at Doon. Great ride though.

Them handy stop offs make all the difference when the weather 'aint playing ball.  Still, nice to get out on quiet roads eh. :good: Get some handguards, you'll love 'em.  :lol:

It's a nice wee Cafe. I've an old V-Strom 650 with handguards on and they work a treat. I've heard that the same ones fit the TDM, so I'll need to see if I can pick up a pair.

#7 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,160 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 21 May 2021 - 03:08 am

Which road map did you use coming out of Loch Doon ! LOL :)
<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#8 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 21 May 2021 - 08:11 am

:lol: 

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#9 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,160 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 21 May 2021 - 05:36 pm

Did you have a can of Iron Brew at the cafe or a can of Pfizer !!! LOL :)
<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#10 Riggers

Riggers

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 21 May 2021 - 06:14 pm

When I was there we were lucky and it was wall to wall sunshine. Given decent weather its a fabulous place to be. If you go all the way to the end of the loch there're the remains of tiny castle relocated from the middle of the loch to the shore. 

Going up to Moffatt in July for a week at the biker hotel (Bucclough Hotel?) so might get along to Loch Doon then.

#11 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area

Posted 21 May 2021 - 07:36 pm

If you go all the way to the end of the loch there're the remains of tiny castle relocated from the middle of the loch to the shore.

Attached File  loch doon castle.jpg   109.96KB   1 downloads

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#12 TKC

TKC

discovering Carpe

• 13 posts

Posted 21 May 2021 - 08:09 pm

Which road map did you use coming out of Loch Doon ! LOL :)

I used a reconfigured Brigadoon map. Seemed to do the job.  :lol:

#13 James

James

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 21 May 2021 - 09:26 pm

It's a nice wee Cafe. I've an old V-Strom 650 with handguards on and they work a treat. I've heard that the same ones fit the TDM, so I'll need to see if I can pick up a pair.

Indeed they do. They go straight on, no jiggery-pokery.

84 Honda XL600R  :)

04 TDM900  :good:

21 KTM 790 Adventure  ;)

#14 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 08:17 am

Do I spy a triumph next to you ?
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#15 TKC

TKC

discovering Carpe

• 13 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 05:48 pm

Do I spy a triumph next to you ?

Yes it's my friends Bonneville. She's had it from new and it suits her well because of her height.

When I was there we were lucky and it was wall to wall sunshine. Given decent weather its a fabulous place to be. If you go all the way to the end of the loch there're the remains of tiny castle relocated from the middle of the loch to the shore. 

Going up to Moffatt in July for a week at the biker hotel (Bucclough Hotel?) so might get along to Loch Doon then.

I'll need to go back in nicer weather as it's a lovely area. Luckily I'm not all that far away from it. I did consider a look at the castle, but it was pissing down.

Indeed they do. They go straight on, no jiggery-pokery.

Thanks, good to know.

#16 TKC

TKC

discovering Carpe

• 13 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 08:04 pm

I'll need to get a look at it in better weather.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users