• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 12 January 2022 - 09:29 am

Nowt to do with me this but I saw it on the fazer forum and thought it worth sharing for general info.

Just got an email from MCE telling me my policy will no longer be valid after 31st Jan as they are in administration, which is at odds to what they said originally (policies will remain until renewal) it also basically says if you want a refund you are probably going to have to fight for it, which is a bit shit as mine expires in September.

Ironically a quick MCN comparison search puts MCE as the best quote, so if you are in the market for insurance steer clear of them!

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#2 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 12 January 2022 - 10:09 am

Nowt to do with me this but I saw it on the fazer forum and thought it worth sharing for general info.

More information here https://www.fscs.org.../mce-insurance/

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#3 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 12 January 2022 - 10:50 am

Luckily Ive only lost a couple of months, they say you can claim back from the administrators but probably not worth it. Interesting that theyre still on the MCN compare site! Ive heard good things about Bemoto so will be trying them next.

Edited by chrisr, 12 January 2022 - 10:52 am.

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#4 hallrob1

hallrob1

has been here 4ever

• 1,098 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 12 January 2022 - 10:39 pm

Luckily Ive only lost a couple of months, they say you can claim back from the administrators but probably not worth it. Interesting that theyre still on the MCN compare site! Ive heard good things about Bemoto so will be trying them+

+1 on Bemoto but they won't touch the TDM due to the Power Commander

1999 Gilera Runner 125SP, 2002 Piaggio X9 250, 2004 Bandit 600, 2005 TDM 900, 2007 Honda CB1300S, 2008 Tiger 1050, 1996 Triumph Sprint 900, 2006 Tiger 955i, 2018 Triumph Tiger Sport,  2023 Triumph Tiger 900, XJR1300, 2011 (2009) TDM 900, 

Farkles - Laser Duo Techs, MTC Stainless Exhausts, Laser Duo Techs, Power Commander and custom map, Tenere 1200 Handguards, Yamaha Heated Grips, MRA Vario screen, SW Motech Alurack,  Givi and Hepco and Becker top boxes, Givi Engine bars, Garmin Zumo XT

#5 tone

tone

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 179 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 14 January 2022 - 11:21 am

I was with MCE and was advised that my policy was being cancelled from 31st Jan 22.

It took me a bit of working out and calls to them but just for the record, the previous MCE Insurance underwriters have gone into Administration and not MCE themselves. 

The below is a snapshot of the message I got.

--------------------------------------

Why?

Green Realisation 123 (who used to be called MCE Insurance Company Ltd) is no longer able to offer Bike insurance due to going into administration.

We understand this situation will leave you in a difficult position and without insurance.

MCE UK is NOT in administration and is able to offer you a new policy.

What now?

MCE UK can offer you a new policy underwritten by UK based Sabre Insurance.

Click the button below to get a quick 5-minute online quote for your new policy starting on the 1st of February 2022.

Like many people, I went online for a re-quote and MCE were still supplying cover but now under Sabre Insurance.

And for me, MCE have always offered the best package and they were still the best deal for me so ive taken out with them from 1st Feb. 

Hope this helps anyone.

Cheers

Tone

#6 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 14 January 2022 - 10:43 pm

So the cheapest I can find is with Hastings Direct, just over £200, dont know why mine is so expensive now, nothings changed as far as I, the bike or where its parked but now we are classed as part of Greater London rather than Surrey its almost double what it was, oh and Bemoto wanted nearly £400! Thats with max no claims and only 5000 miles a year. Didnt want to risk MCE as they seem to be doing the closing down as one company and opening up the next day as another trick, I dont like that. All insurers seem to have dropped the riding other bikes cover too.

Edited by chrisr, 15 January 2022 - 01:06 am.

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#7 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 15 January 2022 - 10:24 am

Well not suprised Chris, every one's jumping on the inflation wagon...I found Bemoto expensive and had no riding other bikes also..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#8 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 16 January 2022 - 08:41 am

This farticle https://www.manchest...ds-22753656.amp suggests you should be able to claim 90% of remaining whole months.

Who da thought dishonourable insurance company. (◠‿◕)

I wouldn't touch anything labelled MCE with a barge pole after this. its even tainted my view of mice!
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#9 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 23 January 2022 - 05:30 pm

:lol:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#10 waynedear

waynedear

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 106 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 24 January 2022 - 06:42 am

Looks like I left mce just in time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users