• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 roadrunner

roadrunner

arrived on last train

• 2 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:43 am

jerky throttleHi all, first time on here,was at the ace cafe on sunday last, afew tdms there, i have an 03 900 with blue flame cans and a power commander fitted, has anyone got a map to suite them, that jerky throttle is driving me potty,have had throttle sensor mod done,any idears, thanks

#42 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:15 am

have a look here wink.gif
http://www.powercomm...d...128&yr=2002
i'd try the M406-509 map with your setup

was nice to meet you on Sunday

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#43 gpwheels

gpwheels

sticking around

• 37 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:19 pm

QUOTE(poldark @ Tue 2nd Jun 2009, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Same here, fitted PCIII only a short while back and certainly provides smoothest power delivery and issues around low rpm snatchiness disappear. Not dissing the airbox mod as this is a good no-cost improvement, but the PCIII completes the job.

Interestingly my bike was way too rich when dyno'd before the PCIII was fitted (11%), but now around desired 14% using standard map with few tweaks using the fuel mix buttons on the front, so I'm getting improved mpg not worse (high-50s from low 50s).

As I've got standard cans I've not paid out for a custom map, but may do in the future especially if tempted by new cans, also as I'm only at 73bhp.

I am very tempted by the PC as my 2009 9er is a great bike apart from the snatchy throttle, and as a CBT instructor, I often ride at low rpm behind the 50cc & 125 cc bikes!
I was going to sell the bike but maybe the PC will save the day.

Do you have any photos of where you installed your PC, and is yours an ABS model?
Did you notify your insuarance company of the mod and if so did it increase the premium by much?

#44 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:09 pm

theres an excellent fitting guide for the PCIII usb on the powercommander website, its a piece of piss anyone (even moose) could do it wink.gif
i've notified my insurance company of all mods and it made bugger all difference to the price of my best quote, but some underwriters did drop out when i entered the mod details

i've tried a few different maps now, not entirely happy with any of them, i think mainly due to slightly different setups
so unless you have a setup thats been covered before I'd suggest you budget for the cost of having your local dyno set it up properlike

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#45 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:33 pm

had a custom map done today by Paul at Dyno Speed Developments in Rochford
very knowledgeable bloke and very helpful
i had Dandys map before and my bike was running lean everywhere, which suprised me

anyway the figures i know you lot will want
82.41 at the wheel, 67.09torque thingys

heres the map
Attached File  tonydevil20101023.DJM   1.79KB   84 downloads

and heres the graph
Attached File  TD20101023small.jpg   277.73KB   50 downloads

he couldnt get it smoother between 3&4krpm, he said it wasnt fuel related as he tried +&- fuel but it stayed
any suggestions on what may be causing the problem?

My TDM :

#46 Guest_trevini_*

Guest_trevini_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:44 pm

I wonder if it's because of ign timing being retarded to help with noise/emissions requirements, maybe?

How much did the custom map cost you and has it made much difference?

#47 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:27 pm

QUOTE(trevini @ Sat 23rd Oct 2010, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder if it's because of ign timing being retarded to help with noise/emissions requirements, maybe?

How much did the custom map cost you and has it made much difference?
cost £150
on the short blat back from the dyno centre it was noticeably smoother
didnt have much of a chance to give it the beans as rear tyre was shot and roads were wet

My TDM :

#48 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:15 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Sat 23rd Oct 2010, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i had Dandys map before and my bike was running lean everywhere, which suprised me

heres the map
Attached File  tonydevil20101023.DJM   1.79KB   84 downloads

and heres the graph
Attached File  TD20101023small.jpg   277.73KB   50 downloads

he couldnt get it smoother between 3&4krpm, he said it wasnt fuel related as he tried +&- fuel but it stayed

Surprising me a well - cos you were chucking out coal dust when you ragged it cold leaving the Aviemore bunkhouse.... unsure.gif

Always a good idea to rag an engine before the internals have warmed up............................ pimp.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#49 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:57 pm

ahhh haaa wondered what i was doing wrong good.gif
next you'll be telling me i actually have to lube a chain and that brake pads are meant to be changed before metal touchs metal....

My TDM :

#50 Sparra

Sparra

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:03 am

blink.gif I have not be online for a very long time and have noticed my maps never loaded up, I will try once more. Even though I do not log in very often I still use this site as a place to look for things relating to my bike. Just tried to upload and it says to check if the upload file is available, any help?

Cheers

Greg
2002 TDM900. BMW 1150gs handguards, Oxford heated grips, Staintune exhausts, airbox mod, re-moulded seat, bar risers, Powerlec adaptor, bluetooth, 2way comms, K & N filter, Nonfango hard luggage, center stand, polished alloy wheels, (I'm not gunna)crash knobs

#51 3vd

3vd

PM Sent

• 2,665 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:54 pm

Can we do anything to restore this repository? I'd like to download some maps if possible.

#52 3vd

3vd

PM Sent

• 2,665 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:42 pm

Nice one, they're working again!

#53 timoc

timoc

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:33 am

Anyone have a map for fuel cans, K&N filter and disconnected O2 sensor?

No more a TDM owner :sorry: moved on to the Tracer :)

#54 ZeevGutkin

ZeevGutkin

arrived on last train

• 2 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:33 pm

heres the map
attachicon.giftonydevil20101023.DJM

and heres the graph
attachicon.gifTD20101023small.jpg

Read this:

http://www.jbx9.t15....page=AIR&lng=en

#55 Beanfeast

Beanfeast

arrived on last train

• 8 posts

Posted 08 June 2023 - 09:42 pm

I know I'm dragging an old post out of the past, but this thread has been SO useful in getting my bike riding smoother - and mainly thanks to Sparra, I don't know if this member is still around?

My 900 has already had the airbox mod done, and has a power commander 3 fitted. But it was still being jumpy at slow speeds. I cobbled together a power pack to the PC, connected it to my laptop and put Sparta's map onto my bike.
The difference is really noticeable, my bike rides much smoother - I just need to see what my mpg is like now!
Thanks Sparra!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users