10 replies to this topic

#1 James

James

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:49 pm

I used to be covered in Europe by a free annual travel insurance policy I came with my old bank account. Yep, I did double-check that I was covered while on a bike trip. And yep, surprisingly I was!

Fast forward to present day... I dont have that free travel insurance anymore. Does anyone have a recommendation? Its just for a single trip but I dont mind an annual policy if thats more economical. The motorcycle element is a must, obviously!

84 Honda XL600R  :)

04 TDM900  :good:

21 KTM 790 Adventure  ;)

#2 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:37 pm

I found the AA reasonable for annual cover, and they do cover m/c use - I checked!

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#3 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 08 May 2018 - 06:02 am

I used Holidaysafe on my Picos trip 2 yrs ago, didn't need them but might be worth looking at Jim.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#4 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 08 May 2018 - 06:24 am

Holidaysafe do specific bike travel insurance. HS also have lots of extras too such as pots of Personal Liability cover/track days which my bank doesn't provide. I'm not selling it BTW.

.http://www.holidaysa...avel-insurance/

Here's an extract from my HSBC Advance account free travel insurance....the emboldening is my doing. I hope it is helpful for those who bank with HSBC.

Scooters/Mopeds/Motorcycles

You are automatically covered, as a rider or passenger, if you hire a scooter, moped or motorcycle under 126cc during your trip for incidental and recreational use, providing that you wear a crash helmet, and as a rider you are licensed to use such a vehicle in the UK.

No cover will apply for the hire of scooters, mopeds or motorcycles over 125cc.

If you are using a motorcycle as your mode of transport from the UK, the 125cc limit does not apply providing that you wear a crash helmet and appropriate protective clothing, and as a rider you are fully licensed and insured to use this vehicle in the UK. No Personal Liability cover will apply under this policy for the use of any motorised vehicle.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#5 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 08 May 2018 - 10:57 am

MAG - the Motorcycle Action Group has a tie in with an insurer, I've never used it so can't comment on its usefulness though. LinkyDink

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#6 Apache

Apache

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 08 May 2018 - 02:36 pm

Our Direct line annual covers me for multiple bike trips. Provided the bike is UK registered to me and the trip starts and ends in the UK.hth

Obviously the actual bike insurance covers all third party liabilities.

Edited by Apache, 08 May 2018 - 02:39 pm.

#7 James

James

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:26 pm

Holidaysafe do specific bike travel insurance. HS also have lots of extras too such as pots of Personal Liability cover/track days which my bank doesn't provide. I'm not selling it BTW.

.http://www.holidaysa...avel-insurance/

Here's an extract from my HSBC Advance account free travel insurance....the emboldening is my doing. I hope it is helpful for those who bank with HSBC.

Scooters/Mopeds/Motorcycles
You are automatically covered, as a rider or passenger, if you hire a scooter, moped or motorcycle under 126cc during your trip for incidental and recreational use, providing that you wear a crash helmet, and as a rider you are licensed to use such a vehicle in the UK.

No cover will apply for the hire of scooters, mopeds or motorcycles over 125cc.

If you are using a motorcycle as your mode of transport from the UK, the 125cc limit does not apply providing that you wear a crash helmet and appropriate protective clothing, and as a rider you are fully licensed and insured to use this vehicle in the UK. No Personal Liability cover will apply under this policy for the use of any motorised vehicle.

Thanks guys, I’ll get onto it.

Favs, I reckon that the wording would’ve been very similar if not the same on the policies I had.

21 KTM 790 Adventure  ;)

#8 James

James

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:58 pm

Gone with Holidaysafe. Very reasonable. Thanks again.

21 KTM 790 Adventure  ;)

#9 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:41 pm

Just checked and HSBC free/inclusive travel insurance has changed to Premier Accounts not Advance Accounts & will not cover you for any claim as a result of riding your bike outside of Europe ...... whatever that is?

Lots of other changes too.

HTH somebody .

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#10 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:58 pm

Gone with Holidaysafe. Very reasonable. Thanks again.

I got the Holidaysafe recommendation from someone on here, mighta been Pete7.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#11 Limbo

Limbo

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 13 May 2018 - 11:11 am

If contract changes are required by BREXIT, all insurance companies will change their contracts.

Hans
without stockings and shoes I can count up to twenty wonderful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users