8 replies to this topic

#1 tullyhubbert

tullyhubbert

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:33 pm

They frequently get an undeserved bad press, but .....

http://www.dailymail...ash-victim.html

You couldn't make it up laugh.gif
Signature test

#2 3vd

3vd

PM Sent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:10 pm

woah, that's low sad.gif

#3 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:18 pm

What absolute Tossers ranting.gif

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#4 LewisBlackburn

LewisBlackburn

has been here 4ever

• 1,748 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:42 pm

If it was impossible to not realise that the vehicle was part of or attending the accident then the traffic wardens must be thick.

Considering its been reported by the Daily Mail I'll take the story with a pinch of salt.

But he got the ticket revoked, so no harm done?

#5 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:57 pm

QUOTE(maximuspetrolhead @ Sun 15th Jan 2012, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
woah, that's low sad.gif

Agree - so low could get under a snakes belly wearing a top-hat

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#6 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:02 pm

QUOTE(LewisBlackburn @ Sun 15th Jan 2012, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Considering its been reported by the Daily Mail I'll take the story with a pinch of salt.

wifgeni.gif
I'm surprised they didn't go for the "Traffic Wardens can lower your house's value" angle rotflmmfao.gif

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#7 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:19 pm

QUOTE(LewisBlackburn @ Sun 15th Jan 2012, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wifgeni.gif
Agreed - looks like easy target again!

Must say, I have generally found TWs to be OK.

When you're driving a very big vehicle in busy town centre, to a tight schedule, you're glad someone keeps the road clear.

There are plenty of places in the world to see what it's like with no parking controls.

Good and bad in all jobs, but some are not working in goldfish bowl.

P

Keep music live!

YouTube: pete7kcu

#8 dmmsta

dmmsta

supporter of the "Anti-Dazzle" Club

• 3,627 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:05 am

I'm not one for singing the praise of the TW's.

I understand they have a job to do, but they make a rod for their own back.

I've been issued a ticket at 08:01 (time restricted parking), as I was loading our 2yr old (at the time) into the car. Doors open, front door open, me with son in arms walking out the door to get him strapped in.

They were waiting for the clock to click past 08:00 with camera's poised ready to fire as soon as the clock struck 8.

What was more annoying was taking the ticket, and then as I drove up the road I find their (fully local council sign-written car) ILLEGALLY parked at the top of the road. When I stopped to take a photo of this as "evidence" I was told that it was against the law to photograph government vehicles. To which I replied you're not government, you're council.

I dropped our son off at day-care, and then went straight to the council offices. As expected they were off-hand, and just quoted the "you were parked illegally" line. When I then demanded to speak with the department head, and provided the photo's of their car parked in the same manner, it was them on the back foot, and the ticket was rescinded.

It isn't the first time that TW's have acted without thinking about the situation, in fact the only thing they are thinking about is the numbers that they have to get.

I do understand what you are say Lewis about the job they do, and the help it makes for commercial vehicles in small spaces, and also that ridiculous parking by the public can lead to delays in emergency services, but TW's are human (I believe), so why not apply a touch of common-sense to their job, or is it that they don't have any?? Perhaps part of the job description.

Rant over.
MY06 TDM 900 Blue over Silver 354906_45.png
-----
Fuel Pipes
Givi Top Box
Renthal 758's
Grip Puppies
MRA Bubble
Dip & Hi HIDs

To-Do:
LED DRLs
Loobman
Powercoat Wheels
Hand Guards

-----
MY04 TDM 900 Blue over Silver Parts Bin
MY02 TDM 900 Yellow over Black RIP
post-1-1150550733.gif...post-1-1150559830.gif...copilot_zpsgezqc0xz.jpg...hids.jpg...

#9 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:47 pm

I guess dmmsta has got half their description right with the TW not beyond the wit o' man to come up with the AT bit laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users