• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Philtaylor1968

Philtaylor1968

discovering Carpe

• 12 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 10 December 2019 - 06:54 pm

Hi guys, if the neutral switch that is in the engine is playing up, would the little green light still be on, and how can I test the switch please....regards.

#2 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:48 am

Hi guys, if the neutral switch that is in the engine is playing up, would the little green light still be on, and how can I test the switch please....regards

can ya describe what is happening or what the problem appears to be?

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#3 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 12 December 2019 - 08:46 am

Hi guys, if the neutral switch that is in the engine is playing up, would the little green light still be on, and how can I test the switch please....regards.

If the switch or the wire were broken, or the bulb were broken, there would be no green light. Okay, a slight possibility of a short circuit - in that case it would be allways on.

Bjørge

#4 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,068 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 12 December 2019 - 08:53 am

Generally the type of switch it is, wears out and eventually goes intermittent open circuit. It's a ball in the end of the change drum contacting a brass pin in plastic. Look at JBX TDM for his gear indicator based on the same switch.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#5 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 12 December 2019 - 01:11 pm

Mine sometimes doesn't come on. This also means I have to start the bike with the clutch pulled in.

#6 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,732 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 12 December 2019 - 10:15 pm

You can take the switch apart if needed, i've done this to repair a broken wire..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users