#81 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 30 November 2019 - 09:31 am

Being as my old wans will prolly be buried under less crap than you old wans, I'll go have a look.

Okeedokee, all the Mikuni toobs have the prefix number 611.

1991-1995 Mk1 and XTZ are Y-4

1996-1998 Mk2 and TRX are Y-2

Are you aware of the Factory Pro toobs ?  They nickel plate theirs and reckon they won't wear for many thousands of miles.  Unfortunately, they're based in the USA and it costs a small fortune for us in the UK to buy them.  Just thought I'd mention it as it might be an option for you to try this method.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#82 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 30 November 2019 - 11:54 am

Thank you SR. It would have been a mission. :0)

Have had FP toobs in for nearly 50,000 miles and none of the worn toob symptoms yet. I did get a quote for another carpe batch from them but then forgot to order and the price will have advanced a great deal since then with the exchange rate n'all.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#83 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 30 November 2019 - 11:56 am

That would be a good idea to nickasil plate them, i would like a set but refuse to pay them horrendous prices in the US

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#84 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 03:35 pm

Sorry, they are Nickel plated, not Nickasil.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#85 maelstrom

maelstrom

arrived on last train

• 3 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 01 December 2019 - 02:06 am

Thanks gents. The Y4 is 3.12mm and the Y2 is 3.11.

If anyone wants to partake in medical experiments let me know.

Cheers

Blair

#86 Mxroost

Mxroost

arrived on last train

• 3 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 04 November 2023 - 09:36 pm

Hello folks. Need some help here with my carbs on my 92 TDM. Im restoring it and it only has 10k miles on it but it sat in storage for 29 years. Anyways I rebuilt the carbs among alotta other systems of the bike and got it to run. Problem is as you can see in the attached video it runs crappy from right off idle to about 3k rpms. Youll note that the left slide doesntlift like the right one. I checked the diaphragm (both are replaced with new ones) and no holes or tears in it. You cant see it in the video but the fuel coming up from the emulsion tube doesnt seem to have the same amount of fuel flow that the right one has . Also the left intake port is varnished up and the right one is clean as a whistle (indicating this problem existed when put into storage). Do you all think I may have emulsion tube issues? As I said i rebuilt the carbs which was replacing pilot jets,all o-rings and gaskets,float valves,diaphragms, etc,. Can anybody here hook a brotha up?🥴Thanks (sorry, I cantattach the video. Ill blame my own eneptness and not my iPhone)

Edited by Mxroost, 04 November 2023 - 09:54 pm.

#87 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 16 November 2023 - 10:38 am

Hi.  You might need to adjust the pilot screws and balance the carbs.  That said, it may be that the carbs would benefit from an ultrasonic clean.  Difficult to know really.

Also, did you inspect the choke plungers ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users