452 replies to this topic

#81 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:41 pm

Just booked my room and like several others received some type of confirmation which I can't understand (think I have booked to arrive Thurs 23 and leave Mon 27?).

Thought it was best to book a single room as last time I went to Germany and shared a room with a few others, including Dannyboy, I think I was lucky to escape alive as I (apparently?) snored a bit and he didn't get much sleep and was not very happy!

Anyhow, not sure at mo what route I'll take there and back but I'm sure between now and then some suggestions will be made .... can't wait good.gif
Now on 9er number 2 .....

#82 Guest_trevini_*

Guest_trevini_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:54 pm

Nice one Steve! How many do we have now for a Carpe g2g in Liege?

#83 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:04 pm

QUOTE(trevini @ Tue 10th Aug 2010, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what night in Liege?

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#84 DazzerB

DazzerB

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:20 pm

QUOTE(trevini @ Tue 10th Aug 2010, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me and a mate (BMW rider)

#85 Guest_trevini_*

Guest_trevini_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:31 pm

so that'll be...

Me
Moose
Kaustic?
Dazzer +1
Matt101?
Saga Lout?

For a meet/overnight in Liege?

I'm probably going to go for a lunchtime(ish) crossing via euro tunnel if anyonme wants to meet up in UK and ride down together.

#86 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• 1,044 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:16 pm

QUOTE(trevini @ Tue 10th Aug 2010, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so that'll be...

Me
Moose
Kaustic?
Dazzer +1
Matt101?
Saga Lout?

I'm probably going to go for a lunchtime(ish) crossing via euro tunnel if anyonme wants to meet up in UK and ride down together.

Sounds good to me Trev drinks.gif drinks.gif

#87 Matt101

Matt101

full o shoite

• 2,391 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:52 pm

so that'll be...

Me
Moose
Kaustic?
Dazzer +1
Matt101 good.gif
Saga Lout?

My Chateau Du Gay unsure.gif is in Amay but I'm up for G2G Trev. Great start to the Hol.
I am looking at a lunchtime crossing from Dover. That Norfolkline deal at Ł42 is too good
to pass up I think.

Matt

#88 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:48 am

so that'll be...

Me
Moose
Kaustic?
Dazzer +1
Matt101?
Saga Lout?
Studley

smile.gif

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#89 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:48 am

What date in Liege? rolleyes.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#90 Matt101

Matt101

full o shoite

• 2,391 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:27 am

Its on Wednesday tony. Ready for a ride in on Thursday

Matt

#91 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• 1,044 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:28 am

Having thought about the trip a bit more, I like the idea of stopping around Liege and think I will come back through France on the return journey and stop somewhere in the Loire valley, poss Beaugency or Saumur which are both really nice places. I then may come back across the channel from le Harve or Caen, depending upon ferry prices (tbc). Don't know if this suits anyone else?

#92 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:05 am

QUOTE(Matt101 @ Weyd 11th Aug 2010, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its on Wednesday tony. Ready for a ride in on Thursday

Matt

ah ok cheers, i'll already be in Germany then....

My TDM :

#93 Kaustic

Kaustic

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:55 pm

I'm thinking of heading over two weeks early and going to the meeting on the way back. I'd like to see how far south I could get and Slovenia sounds interesting.

(And I want to see if I can win the cup for greatest distance again ! )

K
TDM Mk2a

Mods (so far) : Heavy duty chain & sprockets, Braided metal hose (front), DL650 handguards, Hyperpro progressive fork springs, Ohlins rear shock & Oxford Heated grips

Wish list : Home made panniers & frames, LED side light, crash bar, centre stand, oversize foot for sidestand.

#94 Guest_legolas5463_*

Guest_legolas5463_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:22 pm

Hallo Chris,
nice to read about your save coming home!

Thanks for your good opinion of the MT2010. It was great to have you here in Germany.
You won the price this year, but next year we will think about .... your detour to slovenia doesn´t count. laugh.gif

@ all
The lovely Mrs legolas5463 (How nice rotflmmfao.gif ) Susi and myself are delighted to see you all next year.
If possible please explain the cake joke.

Greetings from the palatinate
Frank

Sorry for mistakes in my english writing but pons.de doesn´t really help.gif

#95 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• 1,044 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:35 pm

QUOTE(legolas5463 @ Fri 13th Aug 2010, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hallo Chris,
nice to read about your save coming home!

Thanks for your good opinion of the MT2010. It was great to have you here in Germany.
You won the price this year, but next year we will think about .... your detour to slovenia doesn´t count. laugh.gif

@ all
The lovely Mrs legolas5463 (How nice rotflmmfao.gif ) Susi and myself are delighted to see you all next year.
If possible please explain the cake joke.

Greetings from the palatinate
Frank

Sorry for mistakes in my english writing but pons.de doesn´t really help.gif

Welcome to the forum and don't worry about your English as most of us brits get it wrong most of the time!

Will hopefully meet you in Germany next year drinks.gif

#96 Moose

Moose

Master Cake Baker

• 3,312 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:18 pm

Hi Legolas,

The cake joke is just a thing we all seem to have discovered (some more than others) as a common interest

We just all love cake cake eating.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carpe-TDM.net - A place where everyone can have their cake and eat it!!!!!

TDM900/A 2007 Black, DL650 XTZ1200 Super Ten Handguards, Oxford Heated Grips, Double Bubble Screen, Fenda Extenda, Pipe Werx Oval Black SL Zorsts, R+G Crash Bungs, Mirror Extenders, Wilbers Rear Shock with Remote Hydraulic Preload, Wilbers Progressive Fork Springs, Scottoiler Touring Kit, Clear LED Rear Light Unit, Clear Indicators, PUIG Bellypan, V46 + 2 x E41 Keyless Luggage, Black Renthal 755 Medium Road Bars with Brace, 3 x 12v Accessory Socket, Beowolf Rad Guard.

TDM has moved on, i now own a Black 2009 Honda VFR 800 VTEC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without cake, we are merely just people who ride bikes

#97 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:57 pm

Well. I've already received some google travel mapping for the days preceding the event and after, Oh yes.

Im like a 14 yr old in the newsagents who can finally reach the top shelf laugh.gif

#98 KCIN

KCIN

seems to like Carpe

• 77 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:08 am

I'm up for it, but too far in the furure to book anything, probaly use tent. Would alo like to make it at least a week, so would be up for a trip to the loire or anywhere else.
Put me up for a good probable.
Nick

Have a good fettle at Trevs next weekend boys. See you Tues Moose

#99 Matt101

Matt101

full o shoite

• 2,391 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:12 am

QUOTE(Moose @ Thu 15th Jul 2010, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Me and Trev are all booked up for a Double room with twin beds as i still ride an 850 rotflmmfao.gif

Proper looking forward to this good.gif

Does this change your plans now?!?! rolleyes.gif

Edited by Matt101, 18 September 2010 - 10:12 am.

#100 Moose

Moose

Master Cake Baker

• 3,312 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:11 pm

I'll have the 850 too so i'll only have tendencies but not act on them so all cool rotflmmfao.gif

Carpe-TDM.net - A place where everyone can have their cake and eat it!!!!!

TDM900/A 2007 Black, DL650 XTZ1200 Super Ten Handguards, Oxford Heated Grips, Double Bubble Screen, Fenda Extenda, Pipe Werx Oval Black SL Zorsts, R+G Crash Bungs, Mirror Extenders, Wilbers Rear Shock with Remote Hydraulic Preload, Wilbers Progressive Fork Springs, Scottoiler Touring Kit, Clear LED Rear Light Unit, Clear Indicators, PUIG Bellypan, V46 + 2 x E41 Keyless Luggage, Black Renthal 755 Medium Road Bars with Brace, 3 x 12v Accessory Socket, Beowolf Rad Guard.

TDM has moved on, i now own a Black 2009 Honda VFR 800 VTEC

Without cake, we are merely just people who ride bikes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users