5 replies to this topic

#1 Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 136 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:31 am

Is this about TDM's? I'm not really sure...

With the weather getting colder and the nights closing in, I'm finding jeans to be something of a pain in the legs when it comes to motorcycling. I've been to Horny Gorilla and had a look at some of their trousers, but, true to the fake name I've given them, their leg apparel appears to be apeishly abridged. Does anyone happen to know a good place to get motorcycle trousers that don't cost a leg and another leg, and would fit extremely vertical types like me? To throw in a number, my legs are 36" on the inside. Any ideas?

Cheers,
DD.

#2 fightingirish

fightingirish

seems to like Carpe

• 41 posts
  • TDM model: 1995

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:39 am

http://www.getgeared.co.uk/

#3 Radio_am

Radio_am

seems to like Carpe

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 71 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:59 pm

I have, in my possession, a pair of troosas that are Fieldsheer, black and yellow and they are bloody long. I have a 32" inside leg and the knee pads are a bit short of my knee. They come with a free rucksack and are brand new but a year old if you see what I mean. They are high quality with armour and reflecty bits.

See Avonne for costs smile.gif

Edited by Radio_am, 01 November 2007 - 09:00 pm.

The best part about falling off your bike is realising you can stand up under your own weight afterwards.

#4 robelst

robelst

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 01 November 2007 - 09:11 pm

36" inside leg meself (the other one is even longer rolleyes.gif ) and waiste as well.
BMW Streetguard 2 in UK size 50 (don't ask, must be a different scale) fits like a dream banana.gif
That was not a banana, Dougal

#5 k2col

k2col

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 02 November 2007 - 12:08 pm

I'm 6ft 6, although my legs aren't as long as yours. I have an Alpinestars 2 piece suit that fits pretty well both top and bottom and some Arlen Ness leather trousers that are a good length but are a tad baggier than I'd like. Unfortunately you're a tad longer in the leg than I and I can see why that would make the difference - in my case the boots make up for the trousers coming up slightly shorter than would be ideal.

Only thing I can suggest is to get out there and try as much on as you can. Shopping online is probably not worth the risk...

#6 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 02 November 2007 - 12:27 pm

The alternative approach is to eat more cakes. When I bought my IXS trousers I had to get ones that were a little big in the waist in order to get the leg length. 3 years on they fit fine rolleyes.gif

Make sure you try them on sitting down. I bought a pair that I thought fitted fine in the shop but when I got on the bike I found the knee armour was a shade high and the bottom of the trousers was so high that if I moved around too much it lifted over the tops of my boots. J&S were great about it and swapped them for a larger pair.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users