• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mgml

mgml

sticking around

• 39 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 25 August 2018 - 07:19 pm

So there I am 1 hour into France starting a two week tour, the bikes going great I'm actually starting to like it for the first time since I've had it and the engine warning light comes on!  F***!

Pulls over into a service station 'aire d'urvillers' checked it over, checked the oil, engines not running hot, she's firing nice?   Played with the Diag mode a bit and it comes up with a code whenever I turn on the ignition. Code 24 which I googled as O2 sensor not reading right?

Ploughed on, and the bike was great all the way to Reims.  Light is still on now but she's running OK.  So what's the crack?  

Edited by mgml, 25 August 2018 - 07:24 pm.

#2 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 26 August 2018 - 10:04 am

Could be power commander?

#3 TDM4ever

TDM4ever

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 26 August 2018 - 01:49 pm

Could be power commander?

How?

#4 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,211 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 26 August 2018 - 02:57 pm

How?

Not 100% sure but think a PC has caused similar problems on someone's bike in the past.  Search facility might find it. :)

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#5 mgml

mgml

sticking around

• 39 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 04:54 pm

I'm in Lyon now, bike was great all the way down here over 300 miles.  I get the '24' code when I turn the ignition on which goes away after starting.  Light is still on.  Doesn't bother me now. 

I gather from googling it's something to do with the o2 sensor not reading right.  This is the first time I've given the bike a real good proper long blast.  I did remove the o2 sensor when I refitted the exhausts after replacing the totally rusted head studs, don't think I broke anything and it's had a few rides to show up before this.  The PC has been on the bike a few years so why now?

Edited by mgml, 26 August 2018 - 04:55 pm.

#6 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 5,324 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 04:11 pm

Don't need the O2 sensor connected with a Power Comander - all it does is confuse things

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#7 mgml

mgml

sticking around

• 39 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 04:48 pm

Never checked if it's connected or not, I'll do that when I get home. (assuming I get home  :) )  Don't know why it's come on now, had the bike four months. I'm in Turin now and the bike was great again, still got that shit low rev prob' but otherwise great.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users