Photo
- - - - -

Back Again After An Affair With A Sportsbike !

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JMC

JMC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 26 August 2018 - 07:29 pm

Well after 18 or so months I've sold the fireblade and bought back my old 850 and I've never been happier so just sticking my head in here to say hello...again 

I should never have let it go in the first place but she's back home now and she will be staying put :)

18 years old, 40,100 km and shes still looking good !

2a4th02.jpg

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
Hunter S. Thompson.

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,105 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 26 August 2018 - 08:19 pm

Welcome back JMC. Result to get yer old boike back.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,754 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 26 August 2018 - 08:57 pm

aye, did well there. sometimes you lose it and never can get your old bike back

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#4 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:24 am

Welcome home. :)

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#5 Sidarta

Sidarta

just half a litre to go

• 845 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 27 August 2018 - 11:54 am

Hi JMC!

Welcome.

Fireblade, very different styles and power.
You do not know how good it is, to see people who have had other bikes, Beemer, Triumph, Honda and etc and confess they have returned to TDM.
I'm happy. :P 
When I go to some events and motorcycle meetings in other cities, often children and women, ask if they can take photos on the bike?
I feel like laughing, because on the side, it's full of new, shiny and more powerful motorcycles. I recently went on a date and was greeted by a group that was with Suzuki, Honda and Triumph. The owner of Triumph, made sure I parked on the side of his motorcycle and said in a high tone: I thought my bike was beautiful, but this Yamaha TDM (he did not know) is simply much prettier. We talked for a long time and I had to answer a multitude of questions.

Its TDM red and black, flawless, handsome.
I also enjoyed the protection for the hands. I will think about it.

Cheers!

Edited by Sidarta, 27 August 2018 - 11:58 am.

Att
Sidarta 

TDM850 ano 2001
 Honda XLX 250 1988 
Honda Tornado 2005 - Honda CB400 1982 
Honda CB350 1972 e 1973

#6 Riggers

Riggers

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 27 August 2018 - 11:56 am

When I was a young fella of 20 (many, many, MANY years ago!) I felt the luckiest lad in the world to own a 650 Triumph Trophy Sports twin. To cut a long story short I sold this beloved bike for what I thought to be an even better BSA Rocket Three which turned out to be a rotten Friday afternoon bake of a bike.

I've always regretted selling the Triumph but the good news is it is still on the road (RFJ129H) according to the DVLA reg checker site. Sadly though I have no way of finding out who owns it or where it is.

You were VERY lucky to get your old bike back. Enjoy!

Riggers.

#7 Sidarta

Sidarta

just half a litre to go

• 845 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 27 August 2018 - 12:07 pm

When I was a young fella of 20 (many, many, MANY years ago!) I felt the luckiest lad in the world to own a 650 Triumph Trophy Sports twin. To cut a long story short I sold this beloved bike for what I thought to be an even better BSA Rocket Three which turned out to be a rotten Friday afternoon bake of a bike.

I've always regretted selling the Triumph but the good news is it is still on the road (RFJ129H) according to the DVLA reg checker site. Sadly though I have no way of finding out who owns it or where it is.

You were VERY lucky to get your old bike back. Enjoy!

Riggers.

Hi Riggers!

Triumph trophy 650, as I do not know, I searched the internet and liked the look.
I remembered my old twin CB350 Honda 1972 and 1973.
They were very similar. Really many years ago.

Cheers!

Att
Sidarta 

TDM850 ano 2001
 Honda XLX 250 1988 
Honda Tornado 2005 - Honda CB400 1982 
Honda CB350 1972 e 1973

#8 JMC

JMC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 27 August 2018 - 10:10 pm

Thanks lads :)

I've a few jobs lined up for her soon as I'm not riding at the moment while recovering from surgery hence the reason for going back to an upright bike

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
Hunter S. Thompson.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users