#3821 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 30 December 2019 - 07:29 pm

Good job, it fit okay i guess but fook me the welder must have had parky's :lol:

:rotflmmfao:

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#3822 Nig

Nig

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 30 December 2019 - 08:33 pm

Hahahahaha - that was my first thought when I saw it - severe case of the Charlie Drakes or what! Thought I was going to have to repackage it and send it back - but been for 30 mile blast and it is holding up OK.

Mind you - you only get the top 2 rubber bush fixings to hold it in place - the side ones are not there but it is still solid. All it means is that you don't have the left hand strap that holds the cheak panel push clip. I had to enlarge the 4 x fan shroud bracket holes to 10mm also to get it aligned. There are no upper tabs to hold the mesh protector either,but once the screws are tightened it is pretty solid. All in all its OK.

Edited by Nig, 30 December 2019 - 08:59 pm.

Aluminium Welding with Parkinson,s

#3823 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 31 December 2019 - 12:08 am

Main point is it's doing the job for you, i spose it could have been a bit chancey but it's worked out fine all in all :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#3824 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 02 January 2020 - 06:44 pm

Steadily reassembling the niner after fitting fancy plugs for my Nano II gear position indicator. Just a few things to tidy before mot.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#3825 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 07:36 pm

Put my inner dash in, screen on, all nice shiny screws, new rubber well nuts everywhere, about to put side panels on, I thought I better try out me lights and that.

Lights worked, meters suspiciously dead, unresponsive and unlit.  Why ? because the spanner man forgot to plug in the meter pod :istupid:

So I had to take it all apart again, dammit.  :hide:

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#3826 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 04:42 pm

The lower frame suspension bush slid straight out,coating everything in moly grease must have worked. All cleaned and repacked with new grease, seals looked a bit worn so I replaced those.

#3827 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 04 January 2020 - 09:45 pm

Put my inner dash in, screen on, all nice shiny screws, new rubber well nuts everywhere, about to put side panels on, I thought I better try out me lights and that.
Lights worked, meters suspiciously dead, unresponsive and unlit.  Why ? because the spanner man forgot to plug in the meter pod :istupid:
So I had to take it all apart again, dammit.  :hide:

He’s human after all!

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#3828 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 12:59 am

It's me age, best I get some adventure before dementia, before it's too late.

#3829 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 07:11 pm

DRL's going on.

#3830 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 01:06 pm

Lee, i assume you've had no issues with the plastic tool/bits holder next to the engine !! you got them on the Enfield also i remember..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#3831 chrisbee

chrisbee

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 06 January 2020 - 05:24 pm

DRL's going on.

Are these the cheap DRLs off ebay???
How have you wired them up?
I have some of these, i keep meaning to fit...
Cheers
Chris

#3832 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 07:22 pm

wire through a relay so lights can only be on if side lights are on taking the relay coil feed from side light circuit. Plus a switch in coil feed of relay to switch off if you want to. Fuse at 3 amps power from battery as close to battery as possible. I used 10 amp wiring for feeds so I can upgrade to Cree lights later on. The cheap chinky lights I use also as machine lights on lathe and miller using a 12 volt supply.

A job they do very well for hours on end.

Edited by leehenty, 06 January 2020 - 10:41 pm.

#3833 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 07:34 pm

Lee, i assume you've had no issues with the plastic tool/bits holder next to the engine !! you got them on the Enfield also i remember..

No issues with the plastic tool tubes on the TDM, on the RE they sit much further out in the crash bars. It's worth knowing a 0.47 litre Stanley Classic flask and a 1litre alloy drink bottle fit inside the tool tubes exactly.

The flask can save time at coffee stops. Buy a big coffee to go and fill up flask. Drink whats left over. Next stop no queuing up.

Start with flask full and hot each day. I did this in Spain and it saved me loads of cash. On the RE, the right side had 1 litre of engine oil in alloy fuel bottle as Ruby drinks oil a bit in hot weather.

On the TDM oil is not needed, so one is water the other coffee.

Tools go in another tube under topbox rack above tail light.

Edited by leehenty, 06 January 2020 - 07:42 pm.

#3834 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 07:41 pm

Also fitted a new Surflex complete clutch kit both friction and plain plates, plus a new cable today.

This should stop the screaming on take off. The old friction plates measure at almost service limit.

Old cable was on it's last two threads inside the curved tube at the top stopping the lever returning properly. 

Don't know why, it's been lubed each year without fail with a cable oiler.

#3835 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 06 January 2020 - 08:57 pm

You got away with that Lee, what’s the mileage on the clutch?

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#3836 steve27bha

steve27bha

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 06 January 2020 - 09:57 pm

.....It's worth knowing a 0.47 litre Stanley Classic flask .....

With or without a handle?

I did not know about these so did a Google to see two different versions.

ADD I've followed the links and it seems only larger sizes have a handle - your 0.47l size is the smallest and handle-free.

Edited by steve27bha, 06 January 2020 - 10:03 pm.

TDM900A 2008/09 in use, with     gallery_179098_391_770.jpg sml_gallery_179098_391_1145.jpg  gallery_179098_391_1206.jpg gallery_179098_391_253.jpg gallery_179098_391_82.jpg gallery_179098_391_725.gif gallery_179098_391_797.jpg gallery_179098_391_1396.jpg gallery_179098_391_501.jpg gallery_179098_391_316.jpg  gallery_179098_391_1768.jpg gallery_179098_391_106.jpggallery_179098_391_2170.jpg gallery_179098_391_1373.jpg

CBX750FE in reserve; Cagiva N90 125 now rebuilt & in use.

#3837 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 10:29 pm

without handle, for flask, mileage on clutch is 30,500. I think cable sticking has been causing slip as some of the plain plates are blued.

I want to make sure it's in tip top fettle for the Picos de Europa, as I have to keep up with younger brother on his mighty 1200 Crosstourer. His mate is on a Pan Euro 1300.

Edited by leehenty, 06 January 2020 - 10:39 pm.

#3838 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 08:41 am

Think i'll need a bigger one for my 2 litre Stanley  :)

#3839 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 08 January 2020 - 06:18 am

Think i'll need a bigger one for my 2 litre Stanley  :)

Come on jono, he's left the door open for you there....
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#3840 Andy25

Andy25

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:12 pm

Had it Cleaned + Treated with XCP by All year Biker Dundee
Bike hasn't been this clean in a long time
Well worth the money - especially when someone else paidAttached File  20200116_130222.jpg   184.39KB   0 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users