• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 06 October 2019 - 02:48 pm

A true scally, proud of ya Cliff ;)

(clocking it ) why not LOL  :good:

Get it on the feeking road :badgerrock:

Wanna buy a new motor Steve, you like choppin and changing :D only clocked as it's a new bike to me and will much easier keeping a tally from ground zero, scally  :lol: 

Put the sofa in the garden!

No need Chris, space is sorted, ironically just need somewhere to hang me bicycle for it..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#382 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 26 October 2019 - 10:45 pm

What's happening Cliff? 

Progress report please.

All OK I hope.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#383 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 08:47 am

What's happening Cliff? 

Progress report please.

All OK I hope.

Hi Al,  decided to leave it now until next year after lots of harrumphing, mainly it was on account of the weather which was crap, especially when i was off work, typically it's really not so bad now but, been signed off work awhile as under treatment (nowt dire) and back tomorrow, then off to warmer climes in November so that puts paid to doing any more this winter, it's a shame as the engine is finished, also dont want to pay for insurance and everything else when the bike will be covered up for the winter not used. Also it's been so time consuming that i dont mind a break from it, i'm not the fastest and a lot of my spare time was taken up with it, so feet up for the winter will suit.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#384 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 27 October 2019 - 11:15 am

Engine finished so that's the main battle won.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#385 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 11:35 am

Engine finished so that's the main battle won.

Yup, of course the rotor's not attached yet as need it in the bike to torque along with the clutch but for all intents and purposes it's ready, think i'll give it a quarter turn each month just to rotate the cam on the valves..

#386 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 27 October 2019 - 11:54 am

This is why we graphogen.

You seem to have all the bits prepared and painted and ready, so that'll make putting all the accoutrements together a doddle. Don't blame ya for the winter wait dabbers. Just make sure all the little bits ewe can do in advance are done and the job will be a carrot.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#387 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 27 October 2019 - 12:50 pm

Glad you're ok. Enjoy your budgie smuggling. :rolleyes:

I'll try for a run out with you when your bike is ready :good:

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#388 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 27 October 2019 - 02:03 pm

Glad you're ok. Enjoy your budgie smuggling. :rolleyes:
I'll try for a run out with you when your bike is ready :good:

Me too me too!!
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#389 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 02:27 pm

Cheers boy's, funny ya should mention paint, will redo some bit's as dont like em the colour i've done but maybe that can wait till after it's mot'd, also a cupla other small things to sort which again will be after winter, toying with the idea of maybe cleaning up me spare plastics and having a go at wrapping them with some cheapo vinyl at 1st, dunno yet, and me tank is dry with a bit of rust innit so might well clean and seal that before it goes on the bike, will need to wait till after winter though, if she's up and running for May that'll do me, can book a ferry to Spain then :D

#390 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• 1,176 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 27 October 2019 - 09:23 pm

Ferry sounds good  :good:

#391 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:48 pm

Run it for a few hundred miles, drain and inspect oil for anything obviously going wrong.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#392 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 08:45 am

Will do, got myself some mineral running in oil for that.....

#393 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 29 January 2020 - 10:01 pm

any 3VD news Cliff?

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#394 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:53 am

any 3VD news Cliff?

Nothing new to share yet Ken, it's all on the back burner mostly, waiting on warmer weather, not in any mad rush anyhoo as need to replenish some funds...

#395 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 04:59 pm

Especially for Ken....

Replaced the MC piston with a replacement today, the MC (14mm bore) is off a 2004 FJR which i bought to match up with the Silverspots and it was a bit grabby, i already had the kit from my 9r days and never got to change that because of the difficulty removing the circlip which is a right bassad to remove without the proper MC circlip pliers, i tried clamping the piston down with a little bush onnit to try and help relieve tension on the circlip, using me normal circlip pliers but just could'nt get a grip, likewise trying with a pointy pick which just bent, then a bradall and a small screwdriver, bloody frustrating, then i remembered the boss has some miniature special pliers for making her jewellery :) bingo, so if your stuck for this job grab a pair as you wont be happy paying between £15-20 for a tool you'll use once in 10 years.

Saved by these, used for bending small wire into coils and such, them's round which helps a whole bunch..

Attached File  20200201_150534.jpg   170.11KB   0 downloads

and the job

Attached File  20200201_150509.jpg   180.49KB   0 downloads

Now works much smoother after a clean and new replacement kit.

Attached File  20200201_160028.jpg   118.49KB   0 downloads

Attached File  20200201_161115.jpg   103.47KB   0 downloads

Rear MC has already been serviced but much easier to seperate...

#396 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 05:16 pm

So er borrowing the Bosses tools, you obviously survived the Wrath of God then, or you did it covertly when she was out.

Edited by leehenty, 01 February 2020 - 05:17 pm.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#397 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 01 February 2020 - 08:56 pm

good work Cliffers,  i didn't realise ya cud simply swap piston sizes loike dat.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#398 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 02 February 2020 - 09:37 am

Hey Cliff, looks like the subliminal motivational lecture from the school gate worked then!
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#399 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 11:37 am

So er borrowing the Bosses tools, you obviously survived the Wrath of God then, or you did it covertly when she was out.

No,no she happily got them for me, although they are stashed in some secret location..

good work Cliffers,  i didn't realise ya cud simply swap piston sizes loike dat.

Piston size is the same Ken, the MC from the FJR is the same as that from the 2002 - 900, bore size the same as well from that year..

Hey Cliff, looks like the subliminal motivational lecture from the school gate worked then!

Haha must have Pete, i reckon you've been sending vibes from the Wirral.

#400 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 05:09 pm

Talk to swmbo nicely, she might get you a set of your very own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users