4 replies to this topic

#1 pirsig

pirsig

sticking around

• 29 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:58 am

Hi all,

thinking of  fitting two Fiamm Highway Blasters [a low and a high tone ] - has anyone done this and what's involved - can;t quite see where they'd fit ?  All advice appreciated.  Would i need additional wiring .

1 a  as access to battery is not simple could i attach any additional wiring to a more accessible point [ie where battery lead runs up to under seat where i can get at it ]

2. would Fiamm be a better choice than Stebel Nautilus or Hella Supertones etc. ?

3. Also previously where i've received help and not been able to reply immediately i seem to 'lose' the topic and not been able to reply to members - so apologies for any lack of acknowledgement ,

thanks in anticipation, Pete

#2 Daveb

Daveb

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:10 am

follow the link http://www.carpe-tdm...=4892&hl=hootaz

1999 TDM850 MKII Black, Silver (Sold)
2007 Triumph Tiger 955i

#3 jiff

jiff

Knight of Postsalot

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:12 am

.......I also had this intention......having read about the 'highway blasters' on American based blogs-and websites....which seemed to imply that they were in some way 'preferable' (can't remember how) than the obvious alternatives......
You may be more plugged in than I was, but I couldn't find a source for the Fiamms in the UK......even e-mailing 'customer services' in Italy to try to identify a UK importer / outlet.......no response....sadly
So I opted for a pair of Stebel Magnums (high & low) which I fitted - snugly - inside either side panel on my 4 tx......nice and loud and work fine....They are, as I recall, as startling as the Nautillus/ Compact (139dB?- go to the search facility, above) but, I think, easier to fit in, or something......
I have a sneaking suspicion that they are not now available from Nippy Normans (my source) but also appear to exist - maybe under another name / chinese copy (?) on e-bay.
Relay required.....wiring diagram in 'search' above, or PM me, I think I still have it somewhere......
......good luck......Jiff

#4 pirsig

pirsig

sticking around

• 29 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:52 am

hi, thanks for this - most helpful, Pete

.......I also had this intention......having read about the 'highway blasters' on American based blogs-and websites....which seemed to imply that they were in some way 'preferable' (can't remember how) than the obvious alternatives......
You may be more plugged in than I was, but I couldn't find a source for the Fiamms in the UK......even e-mailing 'customer services' in Italy to try to identify a UK importer / outlet.......no response....sadly
So I opted for a pair of Stebel Magnums (high & low) which I fitted - snugly - inside either side panel on my 4 tx......nice and loud and work fine....They are, as I recall, as startling as the Nautillus/ Compact (139dB?- go to the search facility, above) but, I think, easier to fit in, or something......
I have a sneaking suspicion that they are not now available from Nippy Normans (my source) but also appear to exist - maybe under another name / chinese copy (?) on e-bay.
Relay required.....wiring diagram in 'search' above, or PM me, I think I still have it somewhere......
......good luck......Jiff

hi, 

thanks for this - i'd thought of the Stebel and will look more into them now - yes, Nippy Norman doesn't list Fiamms now - thank you for your help and offer for wiring diagram - bets wishes, Pete 

#5 jiff

jiff

Knight of Postsalot

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:20 am

......just to clarify......it was the Stebels that came from Nippy Normans (maybe no longer available from them - give them a call))....
The Fiamms?....never found a source in the UK

.......Jiff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users