9 replies to this topic

#1 Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:05 pm

Looking for a new exhaust for my 1993 850. 2 into 2 system with stubby cans would be ideal. Any one know who sells a complete system ready to fit? I don't want original or Nexus system. They also need to be compatible with side panniers.

Mk1' R1 gold spot front calipers • HH sintered front pads • FJR1300 front master cylinder • K&N air filter • Factory Pro emulsion tubes • Oxford heated grips • Mirror extenders • KTM handguards • Baglux tank cover and bag. 12v auxiliary socket • Delkevic 2 into 1 exhaust system • Engine guards • Chrome radiator guard • Renthal bars • Touring screen. Optimate and Oil pressure switch/light mod (Leehenty special!) to be fitted. Tom Tom rider V2 europe. GoPro HD Hero. Fenda extender.
Triumph Tiger 955i with stuff added.

#2 Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:21 pm

OMG :yeyeye:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item43be64344c

Not 2 into 1 I know but......

Mk1' R1 gold spot front calipers • HH sintered front pads • FJR1300 front master cylinder • K&N air filter • Factory Pro emulsion tubes • Oxford heated grips • Mirror extenders • KTM handguards • Baglux tank cover and bag. 12v auxiliary socket • Delkevic 2 into 1 exhaust system • Engine guards • Chrome radiator guard • Renthal bars • Touring screen. Optimate and Oil pressure switch/light mod (Leehenty special!) to be fitted. Tom Tom rider V2 europe. GoPro HD Hero. Fenda extender.

#3 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,744 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:35 pm

Have a listen here 

You may end up with Delkevic headers anyway Danny,,,thought you were selling !!!

Edited by dablik, 20 April 2014 - 04:37 pm.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#4 Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:40 pm

I know mate but I couldn't do it in the end. Why buy another bike when I already have one I get on with. I just need a scottoiler, Fenda extender and new exhaust (as I just don't like the Nexus at all) I will then have my perfick bike.

#5 dablik

dablik

• 10,744 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:45 pm

I know mate but I couldn't do it in the end. Why buy another bike when I already have one I get on with. I just need a scottoiler, Fenda extender and new exhaust (as I just don't like the Nexus at all) I will then have my perfick bike.

Yep i agree with you and yours is a great example, miss my Bigred i do.... tough choice for a new exhaust, look at MTC, Kelpie has her Remus cans up on ebay if you dont mind used.... you could save a few ££'s.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#6 Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:50 pm

The plan is to go for a complete system from the same source. That way if I should have no issues with the carb set up and if I do at least I have a guarantee.

#7 dablik

dablik

• 10,744 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:55 pm

How about custom made in Stainless, dont know the cost but may only be the same as off the shelf items !!!

http://www.osmc.co.uk/index.htm            they did a 4tx...

#8 Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:27 pm

I have to be careful I don't go over the top. Don't want to spend a shed full of money on a bike that wont ever pay it back. Saying that I think I can turn her into a real head turner with out breaking the bank. 

#9 jiff

jiff

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:09 am

.........another one here for OS Stainless........see their site above........the 2 into 1 is mine, the 2 into 2 had belonged to
Roy Osborne - the 'proprietor'.....

Plus? points .....they make 'custom' exhausts, though of course, if they've 'done' one of 'your bikes' before, they can repeat the previous effort. Otherwise Roy is a delight to work with, responding to your design ideas and desired spec., applying his considerable metalworking skills, to fashion the 'system of your dreams'. Very co-operative and concerned to give a great product....
even, in my case, to the point of un-grudgingly modifying the system after the initial version had thrown up a slight glitch.

Minus? points.....they don't / didn't supply an 'off the shelf' system, so, in my experience , you have to engage with the design /
creative process.....it was not instant, but not long-drawn-out either, and was v. enjoyable/satisfying. Not cheap, as I recall, but not money-grabbing either......can't remember how much, but as I recall the same order of price as a Laser Prostock system - the groovy 2into2 at the time. He gave me a quote and stuck to it, even though mods. were required. My perception is that, though a very experienced maker of motorcycle exhausts, he's probably primarily a metalworker, rather than a 'performance oriented engineer' .....so topics such as 'tuned length' and 'back pressure' MAY not be the first to inform the process - but I may be quite wrong, and be doing him an injustice.....

.....depends what you want from the process.......an economical replacement, which looks right to you and seems to be of adequate quality........ a 'name' product, with a reputation you can rely on and which is good for your cred. ............ or a dive into making your machine your own......with all the pleasure and involvement that is implied......

good luck.......Jiff.

#10 Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:42 pm

Cheers guys. I have a lot of thinking and tinkering to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users