Nice aren't they.  Would be interesting to see what difference they make

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#3 Splodge

Splodge

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 63 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 28 February 2016 - 10:47 am

Not likely at that price..  Though they do seem to use the ultra-rare 8.8 bolts with "ultimate corrosion resistance" zinc plating like the motion-pro chain adjusters....

My mums monkey makes many mistakes.

#4 Kelpie

Kelpie

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 28 February 2016 - 10:50 am

Will all hoses and electrics still be long enough?
You don't need balls to ride a big bike.

#5 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,668 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 28 February 2016 - 10:59 am

Will all hoses and electrics still be long enough?

Probably will if all you do is swing the bars forwards. If you set them higher it might be tight

Not likely at that price..  Though they do seem to use the ultra-rare 8.8 bolts with "ultimate corrosion resistance" zinc plating like the motion-pro chain adjusters....

Yes, nice to see bolts with ratings for a change in a critical function.  I didn't know 8.8 was rare, they're the cheapest usually !  (oh wait, cheap isn't profitable, doh !)

#6 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 28 February 2016 - 01:44 pm

Pretty sure they will be very tight at 2", i have 1" risers and would'nt like to stretch anything longer, they would probably just fit but may be a problem on full lock.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#7 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 28 February 2016 - 03:50 pm

Someone on here has them, can't remember who though. :unsure2:

I considered getting some a few years back, they were less expensive then but only available as an import from across the pond.

Be interested to know if you get some fitted Favs. :good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#8 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 04:34 pm

Dunno if they are 2" though Studs, i think PTB and Picard have them but seem to recall there up and back, mind that prolly equates to 2" as well thinking about it.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#9 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:47 am

Deffo someone has Rox risers Dabs, they mighta fitted flatter bars though.

Tadaa !  http://www.carpe-tdm...=32135&p=319685

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#10 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:44 am

:good:

#11 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 29 February 2016 - 05:48 pm

Decided to look for alternative bars which may help with my Needlez n Pinza.

Thanks for the input folks....... :good:

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#12 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:27 pm

If cables are a bit tight, just move the control (throttle, clucth, etc) in along the bars a little to give more slack.

Favs - have yo tried some form of padded wrapping on your grips - something like raquest grips? The get very mucky very quicky but I think thet help. Got mine of fleaa bay for a couple of quid for half a dozen. I also wrap the clutch level to take the edge off the cold for this time of year.

#13 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,668 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 04 March 2016 - 07:07 am

You could gain 10mm by dropping the yokes 10mm on the forks

#14 Hombre

Hombre

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 07 October 2019 - 11:39 am

I have fitted that type (but not that price). To get the bars far enough back, it was necessary to re-route the left switch cables. You then hit maximum on clutch cable, throttle cable and front brake line limits. The result is the hand-grip position is higher but rotated further forward. I too have a long back but am not sure if I gained any more upright posture which is what I was aiming for. The Suzuki handguards do not touch the fairing on full lock. BTW, the fork height in the clamps changes nothing about cable or hose length limits on a 900.

Edited by Hombre, 07 October 2019 - 11:44 am.

<p>BSA C15T, Ducati 200 Elite, Villiers Cub Trials Bitsa, Ariel Huntmaster, AJS 650 CSR, Sunbeam S7, Suzuki 650 Katana, Honda 400-4, Bultaco 350 Sherpa, Cotton Minarelli, Fantic 303, Yamaha SRX 400, Yamaha 550 Virago, Kawasaki ZZR 1100,  Fantic 305, Yamaha TDM 850 '91, Yamaha TDM 900 '04.  Ducati 200 Elite (again and now completed restoration), Yamaha SRX-600

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users