• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nojohntitan

nojohntitan

sticking around

• 27 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:37 pm

engine is staying at high revs when warm and throttle closed I tried pushing cold start unit bar from right hand side revs drop, but when releasing bar revs rise once again?

#2 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 09 October 2019 - 11:16 pm

First thing to do is clean and grease cold start mechanism, I suspect that is stuck, especially if nothing else has been touched. You could use the knob under the frame on the rhs of the bike to lower the revs, but that is just masking the problem. Plenty of info on here on how to remove the csm. You could also try whacking the bar to try and shock it free, but if that doesnt work you really need to clean it.

Edited by chrisr, 09 October 2019 - 11:18 pm.

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#3 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 10 October 2019 - 11:24 am

+1 for cold start mech.

Easy enough to do, just takes time - tank up, airbox off, remove cold start mech. Overhaul the mechanism. Refit everything. I found the screws that hold it on a bit awkward.

Easy enough whether you're handy with the spanners or a beginner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users