• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 marnew

marnew

discovering Carpe

• 12 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:12 pm

Has anyone got any advise on a good helmet camera, looking at the small cylindrical ones that you can fix to the side of your helmet

#2 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:41 pm

Has anyone got any advise on a good helmet camera, looking at the small cylindrical ones that you can fix to the side of your helmet

Which ones? The Dogcams?

http://www.dogcam.co.uk/

Which ones? The Dogcams?

#3 dmmsta

dmmsta

supporter of the "Anti-Dazzle" Club

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:03 pm

Muddy has something like that I think!

MY06 TDM 900 Blue over Silver 354906_45.png
-----
Fuel Pipes
Givi Top Box
Renthal 758's
Grip Puppies
MRA Bubble
Dip & Hi HIDs

To-Do:
LED DRLs
Loobman
Powercoat Wheels
Hand Guards

-----
MY04 TDM 900 Blue over Silver Parts Bin
MY02 TDM 900 Yellow over Black RIP
post-1-1150550733.gif...post-1-1150559830.gif...copilot_zpsgezqc0xz.jpg...hids.jpg...

#4 marnew

marnew

discovering Carpe

• 12 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:49 pm

I've now been told a Contour Roam is quite a good one and has some good reviews on you tube

#5 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:26 pm

Muddy has something like that I think!

I've got a Sony AS30. A good site to do research is here: http://www.techmoan.com/

You can read about Contour Roams and lots of others.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#6 mintex

mintex

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 162 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:51 pm

Ive got one of these cameras, The techmoan guy reviewed this one to, he's a handy resource on cams :)

http://www.amazon.co...0991_em_1p_0_ti

http://www.techmoan....und-so-far.html

http://www.techmoan.com/

Edited by mintex, 18 February 2015 - 07:53 pm.

Dave

#7 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:14 pm

Roadhawk any good? £99 on e-bay

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#8 marnew

marnew

discovering Carpe

• 12 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:45 pm

i've seen the roadhawk one and it seems that the mount is stuck to the helmet , just worried how well it would stay on
If it comes off its to late then

#9 gilly

gilly

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 61 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:06 pm

Hi Marnew

I've got a contour roam which fits to the side of you helmet and its always worked well for me 

I got it because i didnt want to look like a tw-t with a camera stuck to the top of my helmet ( plus it makes your eyes run) sorry couldnt help it ;)

It does everthing i want but you have to plug into the computer to watch back where as some have a liitle screen on them to watch what you have recorded

cheers Gilly 

Edited by gilly, 21 February 2015 - 07:09 pm.

A shin is a device for finding furniture in a dark room

A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

#10 marnew

marnew

discovering Carpe

• 12 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:02 am

Hi Gilly
Did you just stick it to the helmet with the pad supplied, I would be a little concered that would just come unstuck
How do you find it?

Many thanks for your reply

#11 Matt51F1

Matt51F1

sticking around

• 22 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:20 am

I researched this very thing for ages to find the best item for the $.  It came down to the Sony AS-100 (something like that).  The software for editing the movies that comes with it is excellent and you can add the GPS signature to your vids.

AVOID the Bullet HD and Bullet models. they are good in design and theory but the service and trying to fix them to make them work is beyond ridiculous!

"A failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!"

Additions: K&N Air Filter; Leo Vince slip-ons; Stebel Nautilus air horn; LED spotlights; Wiring control box for accessories & relays; Givi engine bars, rear rack & wing racks; Barkbusters.

Mods: LED headlight bulbs; 530-chain & only using Esjot sprockets; Airbox modification; Top Sellerie Seat + Tank protector; Bar-end mirrors + custom indicators.

185,000+ km (waiting for the day to crack the 200,000km)

#12 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:43 pm

Hi All,

I got an old non HD bullet cam for the last 4 years now and got no problems at all. Around 50 very nice clips are the proof of it. Just don't fit it to your helmet or a fairing.

One niggle is the tiny LED rec light which is impossible to see. I ended up with some clips I did not expect. And did not record some bit I thought I was filming. Got great 1 hour footage of the car park at the Giant's Causeway. And a garage in the Alps.

Rob

#13 RobinHood

RobinHood

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 119 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 28 October 2018 - 01:56 am

I got a sena prism tube and now that its working as it should its exactlt what I wanted. Initially it was unuseable and sena were absolutely useless in helping me out. They offered the worst technical support I've ever had. Basically if you can get yours working, happy days. Mine is cylindrical, smart and straightforward and I really like it.

#14 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 28 October 2018 - 09:07 pm

I've hardwired one of these, I run it with a power switch on the handlebars, in case i would like some....errrrr....privacy

https://www.ebay.co....3.c100505.m3226

A long way form the best image quality, but enough for accident evidence confirmation. If you can find a version with greater than 32GB card capacity that would be better, 32GB only saves the last 4 hours.

Heres a clip from it, Title names  have been mixed up by Youtube..

Front...

And rear...

OK at the price, i never have to touch it, i hear it beep when i start and again when I stop so I know it is working.

EDIT- The titles are correct, I had just fitted the wrong camera in the wrong location, hence why the rear facing camera was better quality than the front, but I corrected that the next day.

What I like is that it's  a no maintenance solution, I never need to charge the battery or remember to take it with me.

Edited by fixitsan, 28 October 2018 - 09:16 pm.

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#15 MarshallStone

MarshallStone

sticking around

• 38 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 14 September 2020 - 05:48 pm

Hi Gilly
Did you just stick it to the helmet with the pad supplied, I would be a little concered that would just come unstuck
How do you find it?

Many thanks for your reply

This is not a major or minor thing. You should be very happy about it. 

#16 madmopedracer

madmopedracer

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 15 September 2020 - 09:26 pm

I've hardwired one of these, I run it with a power switch on the handlebars, in case i would like some....errrrr....privacy

https://www.ebay.co....3.c100505.m3226

do you have a link to them the link given just goes to general cams

Edited by madmopedracer, 15 September 2020 - 09:27 pm.

#17 Raa

Raa

discovering Carpe

• 17 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 09:07 pm

I have the Drift Ghost X camera on the side of my helmet. Pad stays stuck and the camera works great, although battery life is not fantastic (2-3hrs maybe?). Apparently there is a larger battery you can buy for it. 

I don't know if you want a camera for fun or for evidence, but I found this interesting:

It does suggest camera evidence is rarely used legally for motorbike accidents.

#18 Apache

Apache

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 05 October 2020 - 09:23 am

Had a stealth hard wired via usb for 3 years and it's been bulletproof so far. Needs a usb supply because the battery life is 2 hrs only.......downside is despite what the promo says it doesn't self boot at power on. Manual on is required.

#19 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 09:11 pm

I had a Drift Ghost for several years. Had nothing but trouble. Over-complicated and moody. Tended to switch itself off. Their support absolute rubbish. Also steamed up inside the screen at the slightest moisture in the air. No rain needed. Stopped using it and then ditched it in the bin when it refused to even charge. No, it was not the battery. I am sure there are plenty of satisfied owners. Mine was just a dog. Bad luck I guess.

Rob

#20 Stevetdmlk

Stevetdmlk

sticking around

• 22 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 22 October 2020 - 08:14 pm

Have tom tom bandit 4k for few yrs very good for price and has slo mo 4k GPS etc. Only last bout 2 hrs between charges

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users