Photo
- - - - -

Insurance For A Repaired Write Off Bike.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 03 August 2020 - 08:49 am

:lol:  I hate it, just going through cancelling my auto rip off renewal and looking for insurance on my car.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#22 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 03 August 2020 - 11:35 am

Peter James and RH cant help as not in a locked building, however it's nice to talk to people who know what they are on about, good shout chaps thanks but alas no joy.

I've been trying to get through to a few companies after getting quotes since 8.30 this morning and cant get any of them, MCE cheapest but directed to the Philippines and they only process payment, they dont have a scoobie how much cover the legal protection is and not stated anywhere, on hold to the uk for 45 mins then till i put the phone down....also had the phone disconnected before getting to a human.

What concerns me is not declaring cat-c as it could make insurance invalid in the event of a claim.....

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#23 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 05:24 pm

Have you tried these guys Cliff ?  https://www.thebikeinsurer.co.uk/

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#24 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 07:35 pm

No not tried that site Ian, been on a few comparison sites and normally all the same insurers just a variation in prices, very high on compare the market..

Sorted now with Bemoto but it took me all day until 3ish, could'nt get through to any of the regular insurers on the phone bar MCE who new fook all, Hastings recorded message say's "we are not open today.........we open Mon-Fri 9-6 " jeebus.. waited on call back from Bemoto a few hours, seems Monday is quite a busy day, anyhoo paid more than i wanted really but am assured the cat-c will be notated on the policy and Auto renewal refusal accepted, we'll see, policy has all the bells and whistles some of which i dont need this year..prices comparable to CN who i wont go back to, Bemoto use same under writer, Axa as for me 9r episode... :lol:  :help:

And for any one who may be tempted by MCE low prices, i have been told twice now that the Legal protection offered is to the value of £1000 but you wont find that anywhere on the website and the clowns who answer phones on the other side of the world either dont know or have been instructed not to tell you, buyer beware..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#25 madmopedracer

madmopedracer

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 05:42 am

No not tried that site Ian, been on a few comparison sites and normally all the same insurers just a variation in prices, very high on compare the market..

Sorted now with Bemoto but it took me all day until 3ish, could'nt get through to any of the regular insurers on the phone bar MCE who new fook all, Hastings recorded message say's "we are not open today.........we open Mon-Fri 9-6 " jeebus.. waited on call back from Bemoto a few hours, seems Monday is quite a busy day, anyhoo paid more than i wanted really but am assured the cat-c will be notated on the policy and Auto renewal refusal accepted, we'll see, policy has all the bells and whistles some of which i dont need this year..prices comparable to CN who i wont go back to, Bemoto use same under writer, Axa as for me 9r episode... :lol:  :help:

And for any one who may be tempted by MCE low prices, i have been told twice now that the Legal protection offered is to the value of £1000 but you wont find that anywhere on the website and the clowns who answer phones on the other side of the world either dont know or have been instructed not to tell you, buyer beware..

I went with bmoto a bit more expensive for 1 bike but 2nd 3rd bikes are a lot cheaper and the don't charge for changes so if you changed bikes or wanted a different bike for a time it works out much cheaper

#26 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 06:05 pm

I went with bmoto a bit more expensive for 1 bike but 2nd 3rd bikes are a lot cheaper and the don't charge for changes so if you changed bikes or wanted a different bike for a time it works out much cheaper

Yep that was all mentioned but to be honest one bike is all i can handle right now, although i fancy a little project  :groucho:  also sometimes cheaper does'nt always equate to quality, i used CN for a good number of years but point blank refuse to go back..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users