Photo
- - - - -

New Tdm Shield A.k.a Tigerscreen Mk2 ***sold*** Sorry Guys Wife With Ill Health Means No Time To Make These Anymore.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 kenny111

kenny111

sticking around

• 30 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:17 am

[quote name='Manx900' date='Mon 31st Oct 2011, 08:16 PM' post='224582']
Another question, what would you recommend for cutting the screen down? Was thinking of a fine toothed jigsaw blade, but I'm a little worried that it may crack the screen.
Thanks in advance.
[/quote

Info I got from Toraneko was to Use a jigsaw with a medium tooth blade(scroll blades are good)
You may have to stop a few times & remove plastic stuck in the teeth.
Remove sharp edges & round off the new top curve of the screen with a fine file & sandpaper being careful NOT to scratch the screen.

Hope this helps

#22 frodg

frodg

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 54 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:26 am

QUOTE(kenny111 @ Tue 1st Nov 2011, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Info I got from Toraneko was to Use a jigsaw with a medium tooth blade(scroll blades are good)
You may have to stop a few times & remove plastic stuck in the teeth.
Remove sharp edges & round off the new top curve of the screen with a fine file & sandpaper being careful NOT to scratch the screen.

Hope this helps

I used a dremel - marvelous instrument - and then sanded as above.

#23 Manx1200

Manx1200

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:48 am

Thanks Kenny & Frodj, will have a go this weekend. At the moment I'm having to look through the screen, not good when the sun is low in the sky!
MotoGuzzi Norge 1200GT. for Euro touring
Triumph Street Triple. For those hooligan moments......
Beta Alp 200. For falling off In muddy bits.
I suffer from C.D.O. It's like O.C.D. but all the letters are in the correct order, just as they should be.

banner1.jpg

#24 Toraneko

Toraneko

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:35 am

QUOTE(Manx900 @ Tue 1st Nov 2011, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Kenny & Frodj, will have a go this weekend. At the moment I'm having to look through the screen, not good when the sun is low in the sky!

If you're looking through the screen then it's way to tall for you. Cutting it down ala version 2 style is a good option.

drinks.gif

cheers, Shane from Tassie

Airbox Mod ( JBX ), Krauser K-wing mount & Top Box, TDM Shield a.k.a TigerScreen Mk 2, HyperPro progressive rate fork springs, BeoWulf - Warrior exhausts,
Stebel Compact Nautilus Air-Horn with Eastern Beaver relay kit, Eastern Beaver PC-8 switched fusebox, Powerlet BMW style power socket
plus controller & heated gloves for the missus. Oxford v7 Heated Grips, V-Strom 650 HandGuards, Fenda extenda.

#25 FatRich

FatRich

seems to like Carpe

• 43 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:35 pm

QUOTE(TDMtoraneko @ Mon 31st Jan 2011, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Following feedback from some Carpedians & AZZA in particular I have made some improvements(hopefully) to the original screen.

Thanks for the update Aaron. I had been thinking that maybe the TigerScreen required a little tweaking about a month before you sent me your last post but just didn't have the time or inspiration to get to it. I agree with your observations having tried your shorty version as per your photo & was surprised at it's effectiveness, I guess about 80% of the tall screen. I've come up with a new shape that after nearly 1000km test over the weekend I believe has proven to be a better all round solution. It's still taller than your shorty but much shorter than the original & has a more sporty appearance. Due to it's new shape there's much less flex & wobble & therefore less stress on the mounting points which you'll notice I've also changed. There's the potential for cracking if the screws "dig in" to the countersunk Holes so by adding these nylon washers top & bottom that issue should be eliminated. I recommend existing TigerScreen owners buy & fit some asap just to be on the safe side. You'll need 8, one either side of the screen for each screw hole.

Based on past measurements this screen should cover all riders between 174 & 184cm in height with only infrequent need to look through the screen. Being smaller shipping will also be a little cheaper. So..... improvements all round which hopefully TDMers will be happy with.
Price is $170 AU , 111GBP or 124EURO current shipping to UK & Sth Europe is ~ 48.75 GBP or 55 Euro.
Feel free to comment on the new look.

drinks.gif

How do I order and who from one of these Tiger Screens?

I have a Trx 850 TDM 1998

I am 181cm tall

I look forward to hearing from you.

#26 Manx1200

Manx1200

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:15 pm

QUOTE(FatRich @ Wed 2nd Nov 2011, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do I order and who from one of these Tiger Screens?

I have a Trx 850 TDM 1998

I am 181cm tall

I look forward to hearing from you.

Send Shane a PM, he'll get back to you ASAP (TDMToraneko)
MotoGuzzi Norge 1200GT. for Euro touring
Triumph Street Triple. For those hooligan moments......
Beta Alp 200. For falling off In muddy bits.
I suffer from C.D.O. It's like O.C.D. but all the letters are in the correct order, just as they should be.

banner1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users