#21 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 02 July 2018 - 01:52 pm

Thanks all for sharing yer oddities, tis most interesting.

Me escutcheon task is complete.... The lower door lock has both indoors and outdoors escutcheons.... So two escutcheons for Juan lock. The upper door lock which is part of the handle assembly had zero escutcheons... And apparently the Kirkpatrick door furniture is made that way... Bit silly as the draught right rattles through th'ole in winter.

So I drilled and tapped me handle.... Made mesen some black M3 bolts with my.. err I mean Tishabelles nail polish... And the jobs a carrot.

Don't think oil double escutcheon this lock... Three escutcheons on one door is prolly enough.

[attachment=11146:IMG_20180702_144045.jpg]
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#22 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 02 July 2018 - 02:02 pm

That's a fine looking keyhole cover escutcheon and door handle furniture.   :good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#23 curlylegend

curlylegend

Carpe Addict

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Location:West of France, south of the Loire...the good bit !
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 02 July 2018 - 02:47 pm

Spurtle !

I was talking recently to some friends of Scottish Independence pursuasions recently, who were adamant that they weren't British, but Scottish.

So I looked into the word Britain and it's roots, knowing that it was the Romans who called it Brittanica.....but they it turns out that they bastardised the word from Greek pretaniker, which is what the Greek explorer who first found our archipelago of 6000 islands called us in response to the question of who lived there (here in the British Isles), which was a  a few thousand years BC.....but then it turns out that Pretaniker isn't a natural Greek word and so is thought to be the celtic word for 'the painted ones'....given that we remain the most tattooed people in Europe.

So when I pointed out that to 'not be British' is to deny the use of the Celtic word for tattooed people when referring to themselves they just glazed over.............. and it was at that point I realised I had taken it too far ;)

I don't know what the powers-that-be have decided a Spurtle actually is, in case the very name upsets someone.  We used it to refer to a stout wooden rod used to stir porridge as it cooked.

Aye, fixitsan, I know exactly what you mean about the eyes glazing over.  The " They'll nivir take oor Freedum !" squad are easily baffled, aren't they ?  Ask them where the Scots actually came from and within five minute you'll have a fair going brawl on your hands.  Try to tell them that...allegedly... they were originally a tribe from the middle east somehow or other named after Scota, an Egyptian Princess. They were so quarrelsome that over the years they'd outlived their welcome in North Africa, Spain and Britanny and ended up in Ireland where they finally settled in Ulster. But with various factions and families falling out they crossed over to Argyllshire and founded the kingdom of Dalriada......and then fell out with the Picts, Cwymri and any other residents at the time.

The expression "Start a fight in an empty hoose !"  was coined for them.

#24 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,671 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 02 July 2018 - 03:48 pm

I don't know what the powers-that-be have decided a Spurtle actually is, in case the very name upsets someone.  We used it to refer to a stout wooden rod used to stir porridge as it cooked.

Aye, fixitsan, I know exactly what you mean about the eyes glazing over.  The " They'll nivir take oor Freedum !" squad are easily baffled, aren't they ?  Ask them where the Scots actually came from and within five minute you'll have a fair going brawl on your hands.  Try to tell them that...allegedly... they were originally a tribe from the middle east somehow or other named after Scota, an Egyptian Princess. They were so quarrelsome that over the years they'd outlived their welcome in North Africa, Spain and Britanny and ended up in Ireland where they finally settled in Ulster. But with various factions and families falling out they crossed over to Argyllshire and founded the kingdom of Dalriada......and then fell out with the Picts, Cwymri and any other residents at the time.

The expression "Start a fight in an empty hoose !"  was coined for them.

Yes my wife from D&G taught me the spurtle word.

I'm not sure I'm brave enough to get too into the Scots history, or smart enough !

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#25 curlylegend

curlylegend

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Location:West of France, south of the Loire...the good bit !
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:37 pm

Yes my wife from D&G taught me the spurtle word.

I'm not sure I'm brave enough to get too into the Scots history, or smart enough !

:)  :) 

#26 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,251 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:48 pm

Thanks all for sharing yer oddities, tis most interesting.

Me escutcheon task is complete.... The lower door lock has both indoors and outdoors escutcheons.... So two escutcheons for Juan lock. The upper door lock which is part of the handle assembly had zero escutcheons... And apparently the Kirkpatrick door furniture is made that way... Bit silly as the draught right rattles through th'ole in winter.

So I drilled and tapped me handle.... Made mesen some black M3 bolts with my.. err I mean Tishabelles nail polish... And the jobs a carrot.

Don't think oil double escutcheon this lock... Three escutcheons on one door is prolly enough.

attachicon.gif IMG_20180702_144045.jpg

That's poor attention to detail the screw slots aren't at the same level

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#27 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 03 July 2018 - 05:03 am

The escutcheon ones are.... Other peeps poor practices will be tidied up when all jobs complete.....I have a lot of socket screws to correct yet.... See u-nut thread.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#28 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:51 am

i loike the word PK refers to as 'rectumfrier' for rectifier!

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#29 gozer

gozer

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • TDM model: 1995

Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:16 pm