57 replies to this topic

#21 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:40 pm

Just Finished the Mk1 version tonight for us oop North :P Looks ok from a distance, or if your passing on a galloping horse :lol: The hex is not true at the end due to the butt weld on the Bolt/shaft pulled, it's hardly noticable until it's rolled on a table and I can't see it being a problem during operation!..So! the Mk2 version will be better and true and I should have enough materials to make it :good:

Attached Files

Edited by jono49, 30 October 2012 - 11:41 pm.

Don't get confused between my personality
and my attitude. My personality is who I am,
my attitude depends on who YOU are!

Skinny people are easy to kidnap.....Stay safe and eat cake!!!!!

#22 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:18 pm

Arrived this morning, Thanks Lee. Despite having seen photos I wasn't quite prepared for the work of art I found when I opened the package :D

Annoyingly after whipping the front mudguard and brakes off, I discovered that I seem to have lost my spindle key for the front axle so the jobs on hold until the new one turns up :rant:

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#23 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:29 am

Finally got round to sorting out my forks yesterday. The proper tool makes life so much easier. So who's next on the list for Lee's tool? Oldgit?

2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

#24 OldGit

OldGit

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 133 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:39 am

Yes please Chris. What's needed - deposit, postage costs? I wil pm you my contact details.

Ta

Nick
Alright Brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. But lets just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer.

#25 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,085 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:17 pm

Nick, just cover the postage costs and send on to the next person whoever that is.
When it's done the rounds it can come back to be stored for next time.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#26 arn1e

arn1e

sticking around

• 29 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:38 am

What size is the Hex on the end, is there any chance you could do a drawing of the sizes of the tool so I and others could possibly make our own ?, thanks Arnie.

#27 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,085 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:21 pm

28.5mm hex or a 3/4 UNF bolt head works. Sizing is in post #12
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#28 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:12 pm

Nick, I'll aim to get it in the post on Friday. Same applies for the die Lee, failed to make it to the post office at the weekend.

#29 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,085 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:46 pm

Ok mate, no hurry for me, in your own time that's convenient for you. Off to the NEC tomorrow.
Swmbo suddenly decided to come too this time. Probably to keep me in check. :sorry: New bikes..... Second bike might be on the cards. :) or not, as Swmbo sees fit.

Edited by leehenty, 27 November 2012 - 09:48 pm.

#30 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:55 pm

Oldgit, it's in the post. Easiest bet is if I pay the postage to get it to you, and you pay the postage to get it to the next person, etc.

Die's on the way to you too Lee.

#31 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,085 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:36 pm

Thanks, must look into heating the workshop damn cold in there today.

#32 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:16 pm

A can of Beans for breakfast Lee, you'll be lovely and toasty all day long ;)

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#33 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,085 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:31 pm

I could burn the gas produced later as well :rotflmmfao:

Might need a flashback arrestor though :unsure2:

#34 OldGit

OldGit

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:32 pm

Chris / Lee
the tool has arrived, thanks. will try and pull my finger out and get on with it next week...

Cheers

Nick
Alright Brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. But lets just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer.

#35 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,085 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:17 pm

Die arrived safely many thanks. The die nut converter is a big bonus, I owe you some beers :drinks:

Edited by leehenty, 05 December 2012 - 09:17 pm.

#36 OldGit

OldGit

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:49 am

Guys
I was involved in a serious RTA last night (head on, car on my side of the road, bad enough for the roof of my car to be chopped off to get aged ma in law out) nothing broken but very sore and bruised - I doubt I'll get the fork seals done this week - maybe not until the new year...
If this is a problem please let me know.

Cheers

Nick

Edited by OldGit, 11 December 2012 - 09:50 am.

#37 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,085 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:19 am

Nick,
Hope you are all ok, there is no hurry for the tool. family must come first.
Was the idiot under the 'influence' ? Car is a write off, but it did it's job stopped you getting crunched. Hope the plod throw the book at him.

#38 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:32 pm

Glad you and yours are OK OG.
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#39 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:04 pm

Ow, glad you hear you're all ok.

#40 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• 1,183 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:46 pm

There's one here if needed in a hurry :good:

http://www.carpe-tdm...pic=26291&st=20

Edited by jono49, 11 December 2012 - 11:46 pm.

Don't get confused between my personality
and my attitude. My personality is who I am,
my attitude depends on who YOU are!

Skinny people are easy to kidnap.....Stay safe and eat cake!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users