294 replies to this topic

#281 Talltom87

Talltom87

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:57 pm

The beast is really turning some heads, running ok (could do with a balance, I suppose..... again) and its really making me love it again! I have taken it off the auction sites and I think Ill ride through summer! Save me cash! Hope you still love my updates!!! Haha

#282 Talltom87

Talltom87

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:15 pm

I do enjoy the style of this at the moment! Although, I do want a different headlamp and rear seat! But, that can wait for the winter! Ive also been thinking of rear sets and going for a different colour scheme.

Attached Files

#283 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:48 pm

Blimey Tom, you were selling it a few days ago :huh: you may as well just use it now eh.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#284 Talltom87

Talltom87

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:41 pm

So, redesigning a few parts while I can now get it to work and weld, etc. Ive created a card board seat mold, which will be used as a template for a bit of fibreglass and all that structural jazz. The tank paint has reacted, badly. So, will be repainting that when I want a few days off biking (never!!!!).
Id love to have clip-ons, but they will definitely hit the tank in the position Id have them. So, wont bother. Im thinking of a new head lamp, screen and have thought about the colour scheme, black. Nice, lovey, gloss black!!! With matte black (maybe dark grey) vinyl lettering.
So, I will have a black with red beads and Yamaha logo seat up for grabs. Soon, possibly!? Ill post it in for sale area when it is. Ill update with a picture tomorrow evening.

Do we ever finish our projects!?

#285 Talltom87

Talltom87

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 10:38 am

I dont know if I like it too much, what are other opinions? Its a hard frame to work with. The shock is too central and I dont have the bollocks to cut the mounts and relocate them, to jack it up a little or build a higher seat frame! Its a shame my wife wont allow me to have more money for a new bike! Haha

Attached Files

#286 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 11:11 am

:um:....................................................................... :dunno: 

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#287 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 24 June 2018 - 02:23 pm

Being a big fan of the TDM it's painful looking at that. Sorry.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#288 Talltom87

Talltom87

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 06:51 pm

Im going to cut the frame, bugger it! Haha

#289 Andy25

Andy25

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 24 June 2018 - 07:03 pm

Tom
Put the seat back on and RIDE the Bloody thing !
Stop trying to redesign the Bike
You'll only end up with a pile of bits for Ebay
And a Missus that keeps saying I TOLD YOU SO

HTH

#290 madmopedracer

madmopedracer

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 24 June 2018 - 07:26 pm

or buy trx

Edited by madmopedracer, 24 June 2018 - 07:26 pm.

#291 Talltom87

Talltom87

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 07:35 pm

Dont worry, the bike wont be pulled apart until winter. Ive built a hard tail bike before, its just buying the materials. If I do get a new bike, Ill still build this one up.
Its just finding the time and money to do so.

#292 Talltom87

Talltom87

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:37 pm

Like Ive said, Ill be pulling the bike apart again in the winter. Not completely, but quite a lot is coming off.
Ive got a quick design Ive sketched, Ive had some parts bought and there are more to buy.
My fabricating skills are quickly improving, Im relocating the shock top mount, keeping the same height. Ive deviced a simple plan to do this, weld on the new brackets and then cut off what I dont need. A new rear end will be fabricated and the new seat will sit on top on this. Alll new undergrad and rear fairing/cover. Im going to cut the silencer to make it stubby, make it a 2-1.

I know this is a touchy subject, especially for the tdm purists, you might not like this plan. I do, its always been a dream to have a near show quality bike. In order to do this, with the little money I have, I have to buy parts on the cheap and sparingly. That said, I wont be buying a £4 eBay China special set of clocks.

Sorry to bore you all again, I would buy more bikes to do this to if I could. I have plenty of work mates and other friends who are fabricators and they will help me out.

Will this post ever end? Probably not. Im sorry if its not a post youd like to follow, youll just have to keep ignoring it. Lol.

Attached Files

#293 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:45 am

S'okay Tom it'll make for some reading over winter eh :D

Not so sure about what your aiming to achieve, but have at it, will be interesting to see how it's coming along :good:

#294 Talltom87

Talltom87

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:26 am

I do like to write things! Haha. At the moment, it runs nicely and handles well. Especially with these new tyres! Only riding to work as Im a little embarrassed about my fuel tank. The paints reacted with the clear coat, or the cleaning products I used a few days after painting. I probably should of had a little more patience gaha

#295 Talltom87

Talltom87

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 03:04 pm

Well, sorry to bother again. Ive spent the last hour trying to figure out this new rear end I want to fabricate!
Any way I think will work, doesnt. Haha the frame under the tank is just too wide and the tank is too slim at the back end. It just looks daft. The only thing that would make it look how I want, would be a trx frame! Lol. So, Im back to the drawing board, I will have a cool looking bike soon... in my opinion! Haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users