8 replies to this topic

#1 Devonlad

Devonlad

arrived on last train

• 5 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:08 am

Hi All,

I've just updated the advert for my bike in the for sale section, as the mot tester has had to put tape on my dipped beam to pass the mot due to it being a European spec headlight.

Does anybody know of a another way of fixing this, or could somebody point me in the right direction for a new headlight?

When I bought the bike the owner admitted to just having been to Europe on tour but didn't mention that he had changed the headlight.

Any help appreciated

Neil

#2 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,211 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:38 pm

Maybe the previous owner still has the UK headlights ?

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3 Nog

Nog

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:18 pm

As already highlighted by the tester, just put some black tape on for MOT's and you're fine.

You can change the headlight if you want, but a lot of hassle and expense for something minor like that unless someone will generously donate one.

The light beams are a lot flatter than for cars, so you wont have any trouble in normal riding.

#4 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,113 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:42 pm

Every now and then someone posts up wanting a swap. You might find summat in for sale/wanted section.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#5 Sidarta

Sidarta

just half a litre to go

• 845 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 17 June 2018 - 05:09 pm

Hi to all!

Gentlemen, please.

What changes?

What's the difference?

Cheers!

Att
Sidarta 

TDM850 ano 2001
 Honda XLX 250 1988 
Honda Tornado 2005 - Honda CB400 1982 
Honda CB350 1972 e 1973

#6 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 4,671 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 17 June 2018 - 06:23 pm

Hi to all!

Gentlemen, please.

What changes?

What's the difference?

Cheers!

A UK headlight (for left hand driving) shades the part of the beam which extends to the right hand side of the road, to prevent oncoming drivers from being blinded. A right hand drive headlight does the opposite

Lots of pictures of different beams here - https://www.google.c...iw=1366&bih=670

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#7 v8guy

v8guy

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:29 pm

I recently exported my TDM to Italy, and only yesterday returned home with a UK spec headlamp unit, having had to buy an EU spec one for driving on the right.

As I recall, I've also got a slightly scuffed one in my garage from 2006 when I had a coming together with an old lady on a roundabout... take your pick!

v8guy; 2003 TDM900 with added bling: Nitron shock, Racetech fork internals, 17" front wheel, K&N filter, Fuel silencers, PC3, Renthal handle bar, Oxford hot hands, Polisport handguards, Scottoiler (kinda..), Baglux, Givi monorack + pannier rails
My TDM: http://www.gtv8.org/tdm/

Current: 2003 Yamaha TDM900, 2015 BMW R1200RS
Past: Honda CLR125, Honda CB500, Triumph Sprint Sport, Honda VFR750FS, Suzuki DRZ400SM, Triumph Speed Triple 955i, 2015 Honda VFR800X

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube" - HST

#8 Sidarta

Sidarta

just half a litre to go

• 845 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 21 June 2018 - 01:23 am

A UK headlight (for left hand driving) shades the part of the beam which extends to the right hand side of the road, to prevent oncoming drivers from being blinded. A right hand drive headlight does the opposite

Lots of pictures of different beams here - https://www.google.c...iw=1366&bih=670

Hi fixitsan!

Now yes.
Here in Brazil, we follow the right hand of direction.
Thank you very much.

Thank you for the link

Cheers!

Att
Sidarta 

TDM850 ano 2001
 Honda XLX 250 1988 
Honda Tornado 2005 - Honda CB400 1982 
Honda CB350 1972 e 1973

#9 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:43 am

Every now and then someone posts up wanting a swap. You might find summat in for sale/wanted section.

I usually arrange a swap by Carpe  :P

Bjørge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users