Resident vulture

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:29 am

In the doghouse biggrin.gif

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#23 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:16 am

I'm watching this with interest ............to see if he gets away with it happy.gif

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#24 RSRocket

RSRocket

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 991 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:49 pm

Where is he?

Near Grasse in the South of France at the mo................

In the doghouse

Depends on what he brings home-says my birthday pressie is 'in the post'

I'm watching this with interest ............to see if he gets away with it

That depends a lot on the above tongue.gif

Fazer Angie
24 Hours in a Day, 24 beers in a tray !

"I think the firing orders wrong! : ) "
"I do it with Twins"

Lone Wolf Rider

#25 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:42 am

mellow.gif Getting interesting ....
unsure.gif Women are not known for their patience ranting.gif when their man oversteps the mark. putemup.gif or giveusahug.gif

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#26 RSRocket

RSRocket

• 991 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:22 pm

He's booked the ferry home so the wanderer will return to face the music ohmy.gif and his pressie arrived in the post today! banana.gif

Booked on Calais to Dover Tuesday 10am 19th July. Says he may blast back and get home late Tuesday night but another alternative is to have a stopover Tuesday and get home Wednesday, which to be honest I would prefer him to do. Not good travelling so far and getting tired!

Looks like you might have a lodger for a night pict! unsure.gif

Fazer Angie

"I do it with Twins"

Lone Wolf Rider

#27 RSRocket

RSRocket

• 991 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:18 pm

Just done a really big update-from 12th July to today!

Thought he wanted to stop blogging for a while but appears he didnt-anyways, its up to date now if you wanna peek and see what he has been up to.................... badgrock.gif

Fazer Angie

"I do it with Twins"

Lone Wolf Rider

#28 Manx1200

Manx1200

has been here 4ever

• 1,040 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:41 pm

Hi rob, sounds like you've had a real adventure! all the best, hope Angies ok with it. Maybe sees you next year
MotoGuzzi Norge 1200GT. for Euro touring
Triumph Street Triple. For those hooligan moments......
Beta Alp 200. For falling off In muddy bits.
I suffer from C.D.O. It's like O.C.D. but all the letters are in the correct order, just as they should be.

banner1.jpg

#29 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:29 am

QUOTE(sidestand @ Tue 12th Jul 2011, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm watching this with interest ............to see if he gets away with it happy.gif

Me too putemup.gif

#30 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:30 pm

If he gets the silent folding of the arms and the frown, when it gets to the tappings of the feets the man is in trouble, then he gets to do the 'explaining' (bike broke down, lost phone, ferry sank, made a heroic effort etc)

I would just throw myself on the mercy of the court, having first bribed the judge with flowers and choccies which must of course be 'expensive' proportional to the magnitude of the er offence laugh.gif

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#31 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:31 pm

Well done to Rob for completing such a self-reliant tour and recording it for us all by virtue of this 21st technology

... and of course well done to you too Angie for transcribing/commenting so thoroughly!

ATB

Pete

p.s. Are there any pictures as well?

Keep music live!

YouTube: pete7kcu

#32 RSRocket

RSRocket

• 991 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:43 pm

Pete-am sure he has loads of pics-Cant wait to see them myself!

Manx900 (paul?) Am sure you will see us later this year-probably over to see Robs family in the IoM again before the year is out..................

Cats & Sidestand-He gets away with it cos I am a forgiving and easy going sort and quite self contained and happy in my own company (but don't push me too far or take me for granted-the explosion could be MASSIVE!)

Leehenty-He wont get the folded arms treatment unless he pushes it too far (see above) and he best have got me a few pressies stashed on the bike-ha ha!

I await his retun tomorow-bet the bugger brings loads of dirty washing! mad.gif

Fazer Angie

"I do it with Twins"

Lone Wolf Rider

#33 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:34 pm

attention.gif SPAM ALERT attention.gif

Spammer Cartwright in yer blog comments Rob !

Edited by Studley Ramrod, 25 July 2011 - 02:35 pm.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#34 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:00 pm

Good spot. ta SR. badgrock.gif
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users