16 replies to this topic

#1 AlanG

AlanG

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 106 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 26 June 2020 - 07:39 am

I’m still running original exhaust system on TDM 850. Needs a bit of refurb. What replacements work. Still want twin Tailpipes. Original collector box very heavy.

#2 Skite

Skite

seems to like Carpe

• 44 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 26 June 2020 - 01:18 pm

Most are 2:1 systems from Dekelvic etc.

Motad Nexxus works well and retains twin pipes.

https://www.ebay.co....tm/224027585137

Or you could try TRX downpipes which are stainless, then make up link pipes to suit a set of cans?

Alan

#3 MipeTDM

MipeTDM

really likes Carpe

• 92 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 26 June 2020 - 05:40 pm

I sourced some GPR dual pipes from italy via ebay no so long ago:

I like the fitment, sounds very nice, although the difference between dB killer fitted and without is quite big. I modified the killer a bit to get a way in the middle. Not difficult though. For a new dual pipe sutup it is even one of the modestly priced solutions.

Attached Files

#4 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 27 June 2020 - 10:18 am

I sourced some GPR dual pipes from italy via ebay no so long ago:

I like the fitment, sounds very nice, although the difference between dB killer fitted and without is quite big. I modified the killer a bit to get a way in the middle. Not difficult though. For a new dual pipe sutup it is even one of the modestly priced solutions.

those are the ones I got but as a 2 in 1 setup

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#5 AlanG

AlanG

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 02:18 pm

Did u use the original front down pipes ?

#6 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 03:01 pm

Did u use the original front down pipes ?

mine didn't come with downpipes, so used the originals

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#7 AlanG

AlanG

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 05:10 pm

They look good. If you used the existing front pipes what was used as the collector box / piping ?

#8 MipeTDM

MipeTDM

really likes Carpe

• 92 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 06:56 pm

I also used the original front pipes. The kit came with an Y-shaped pipe, splitting the exhaust again in 2 pipes (after being fused by the original 2-in-1 front pipes):

BTW I have no clue why it is shown upside down, after uploading. I did not notice it when I stood next to the bike :huh: ;)

Attached Files

#9 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 27 June 2020 - 07:10 pm

:lol:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#10 AlanG

AlanG

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 09:38 pm

Also was any re jetting required ?

#11 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 27 June 2020 - 09:53 pm

No rejetting required for twin can setup Alan.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#12 AlanG

AlanG

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 10:45 am

Umm very tempted !

#13 MipeTDM

MipeTDM

really likes Carpe

• 92 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 11:45 am

Indeed no rejetting needed, runs fine.

#14 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 03:39 pm

I also used the original front pipes. The kit came with an Y-shaped pipe, splitting the exhaust again in 2 pipes (after being fused by the original 2-in-1 front pipes):

BTW I have no clue why it is shown upside down, after uploading. I did not notice it when I stood next to the bike :huh: ;)

they do the same for the single side too. all good engineering and no rejetting

#15 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 28 June 2020 - 03:47 pm

where abouts in south essex Alan?
anywhere near Rochford ?

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#16 AlanG

AlanG

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 05:24 pm

Back down the A127, Nr Basildon.. Dont get to see any other TDM`s normally ?

#17 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 28 June 2020 - 06:48 pm

i see a few about on the m25, but the only ones down this way are me and Hutch. and i ain't ridden in years.

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users