Photo

RTT07 - Ruppertshofen, Rhine Valley, Germany.

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#21 ROB1

ROB1

Knight of Postsalot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 24 September 2006 - 06:57 pm

bin for a job interview if successful i will be joining you.But if this job comes off im going to move house & buy another bike out of the proceeds.DONT worry im not selling my beloved tdm just getting something newer for far away jaunts like the RTT07.

#22 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:26 pm

too far off fer me to decide but if we (Mole and Me) do go we'll spend about 4 days with ye then go off and do our own ting.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#23 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2006 - 06:32 am

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Mon 25th Sep 2006, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
too far off fer me to decide but if we (Mole and Me) do go we'll spend about 4 days with ye then go off and do our own ting.shag like rabbits

#24 MarkyMark

MarkyMark

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 981 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:22 am

Nice one toneski - great looking location, and love the Wed-to-Wed idea.

Me and Mrs Marky-Mark have it in the diary already. banana.gif

XT1200Z - Big and bouncy

GTR1400 - Chaufer the wife.
XT660Z - Fun and commute.
TDM900 - Yellow.

#25 TDMBob

TDMBob

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 109 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:57 pm

Don't worry Emmett I'll keep your Da company I will def be there friday to monday maybe longer depends if the Alps beckons the week before as I have 3 weeks and 2 days due the last week will be in Eire and I'm off from the Thursday before RTT7 so will set foot in Europe on the Friday depending on other folks plans etc.

cheers Bob

PS if you value yer lives don't put me in the top bunk yeahyeahyeah.gif

#26 Ruairi

Ruairi

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 04 October 2006 - 11:57 am

Sounds great especially with Nuremburgring and Hockenheim so close. If the beast is fit we'll (me an'de missus) be there too...
"You only have one - You may as well enjoy it"

Rory Horan - Live/Recording/Broadcast Engineer

#27 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 04 October 2006 - 05:15 pm

QUOTE(Ruairi @ Wed 4th Oct 2006, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds great especially with Nuremburgring and Hockenheim so close. If the beast is fit we'll (me an'de missus) be there too...

Rory i couldn't care less if your fit or not wink.gif

Edited by wicklamulla, 04 October 2006 - 05:16 pm.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#28 Buzz

Buzz

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 05 October 2006 - 10:18 am

Toeski,

If you are keeping alist for RTT07 you had better cross me off for the time being (check the recent posts in "For Sale")

Still might get, but at the moment the green and crinkly is calling

Enjoy the Beer and Bratwurst and have a few for me

Buzz
NOSTALGIA IS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE

#29 Nanook

Nanook

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 20 October 2006 - 05:19 pm

wub.gif You know......I'm gonna see if SWMBO fancies this and if she does then I'm up ferrit wub.gif

Edited by Nanook, 20 October 2006 - 05:19 pm.

Beware the whitevanman!

#30 Big Bird

Big Bird

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:59 am

QUOTE(GrahamI @ Wed 20th Sep 2006, 02:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How many miles round trip do you think it will be?

Something like a 45,000km plus round trip for me.

RTT08 - Sydney please. I'll even volunteer to organise it.

#31 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 24 October 2006 - 08:27 am

QUOTE(Big Bird @ Tue 24th Oct 2006, 01:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'm game for that good.gif
should be there about March 2008. cool.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#32 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:15 am

QUOTE(Big Bird @ Tue 24th Oct 2006, 01:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You've done it once so what is you excuss for not comng over again!!!

TAM
2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#33 Big Bird

Big Bird

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 06:05 am

QUOTE(TDMTAM @ Tue 24th Oct 2006, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You've done it once so what is you excuss for not comng over again!!!

Y'know, I'm thinking about it.

Where's the nearest international airport to Ruppertshofen?

#34 duibhce Kaelann

duibhce Kaelann

has been here 4ever

• 1,147 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 07 November 2006 - 09:39 am

QUOTE(Big Bird @ Tue 7th Nov 2006, 06:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Y'know, I'm thinking about it.

Where's the nearest international airport to Ruppertshofen?

I guess Friedrichshafen, and otherwise Stuttgart.
Yamaha XJ600S Diversion '94
Yamaha XJ900S Diversion '97
Suzuki SV650S '01
Yamaha TDM900 '04

Yamaha XT660Z Ténéré '08 + Yamaha TRX850 '97

I'll let go of my throttle when they pry it from my cold, dead hands...

#35 Big Bird

Big Bird

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 08:55 pm

QUOTE(duibhce Kaelann @ Tue 7th Nov 2006, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess Friedrichshafen, and otherwise Stuttgart.

Ahhh, Stuttgart - I even know where that is! I've ridden through there at 1 o'clock in the morning.
It'd be nice to see it in daylight.

Carrie

#36 Andy R

Andy R

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 08:55 am

Don't think I'll be able to make it as I will be doing my own road trip around the UK following the Marillion tour in June yahoo.gif . May also venture into Europe in May, so I think I'll have used up all my 'Get Out Of Jail Free' cards wink.gif
www.myspace.com/andyrothers

#37 ROB1

ROB1

Knight of Postsalot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 07:07 pm

well my plans fot the RTT07 are set off monday 2nd july ride to which ever port/chunnel is the cheapest then just meander over to germany then meet up with every one then back home sat.Usually the ferry Co will offer a five day cheap package which is what ill buy.Already booked the five days off work so if nearer the time anyone else is doing the same as me we could meet at the ferry terminal.So looking forward to this now ive not been out on the bike much.

#38 jht

jht

has been here 4ever

• 1,769 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 08:32 pm

Balls, planned to go, even if just for weekend....

then discovered it looks to be in the middle of my academic finals..

pants sad.gif
Done: Homo sap navigation/ twisty thing on bars to make it go vroom/ grabby thing to make it stop (in front of twisty thing)/ 'leccy things front and rear to make it glow at night/ Sucky + drippy oiler thing to keep chains moist (!!) / Laser Pro Stock Race pipes / bleeding ear drums (see previous mod)
To do: Educate homo sap nav system to operate twisty + grabby things/ get ear plugs

All Trashed Now... Pants... its a Cat B Mwahahaha it lives again!!

Remember every driver is a deaf myoptic twat who is out to kill you, ALWAYS assume they are going to do THE most f*cking DUMBASS, STUPID manouver possible, at the worst possible moment; get past, and get past quick

#39 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 13 November 2006 - 07:55 am

QUOTE(Big Bird @ Thu 9th Nov 2006, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ahhh, Stuttgart - I even know where that is! I've ridden through there at 1 o'clock in the morning.
It'd be nice to see it in daylight.

Carrie

You'll likely find daytime in Stuttgart is Oz-like in July: dustbowl full of heat! Or maybe I'm just remembering too well a monumental hangover? unsure.gif

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#40 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:11 am

QUOTE(Toneski @ Tue 19th Sep 2006, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes tongue.gif
its open to all (inc 'bikemadme' who is most likely my mate Ray with the Tiger rolleyes.gif )
i've only been on 1 previous RTT and that was mainly TDMs, but there was also a ZZR, GS1200 etc (ps. what did Bondy's bro have?)
not all were from this site, some people heard about it and just turned up smile.gif
so all are welcome to come along, we are a pretty easy going bunch who like a good laff in the evenings. jester2.gif

From Dunkirk (Norfolkline ferries are much cheaper than the others for bikes) its just short of 500km, thats about 6hours riding if going straight there at the speed limit.
i'll prob take a day to do an A road bimble over there, avoiding the motorways once past Paris. yahoo.gif
if your planning to go just for the weekend then its going to be reasonably heavy going, a long weekend would make much more sense.
depends if anyone is going to do just the weekend, but Saturday will most likely be a 'tour' of the nice local roads(which are bloody fantastic empty fast country lanes). cool.gif
probably between 150 & 300miles with lunch/fag/coffee/photo stops etc (thats similar to RTT06 i believe ?)
At RTT06 we ended up with a couple of groups, a fast group and a sightseeing group and a few stragglers. the same will prob happen again.

we can sort out the other days activities once we have more idea of numbers and when people are going to turn up.
welcome to the site good.gif are you going to join us?
folks: let me know if there is anything you would like to do/visit/see while out there?
dunno, i'll check

just on the all welcome thread..... I'm plannin a trip to central France next year. Whats the chance with a bit of planning of meeting up for a day or 2 ? Would have to know where you're all gonna be. Do you plan that accuratly??
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users