2 replies to this topic

#1 James

James

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:55 pm

Im already watching here http://www.carpe-tdm...showtopic=35612for info on Northern Spain, but I have a read of this...

I was meant to be going to Norway at the end of June, but for whatever reason, thats now off until next year.

On 30th June my significant other, our son, daughter-in-law and grandchildren are flying out to a villa just north of Manresa in Catalunya for 10 days. On the same day Ill be on the ferry from Hull arriving in Rotterdam on July 1st (I booked this originally for the Scandinavian trip). Im then going to take a few days to ride down to the villa, cheap hotels or camping along the way. For this section of the trip Ill probably stick mainly to autoroutes to make some kms until early afternoon, with something more interesting (N or D routes) to round off the day. I reckon 300-400 miles per day.

Once at the villa I might take my wife away for a day or two - I was thinking Tudela and the Bardenas Reales. Other than that, a lot of relaxing.

After we leave the villa I have ten days before Im back at work. I thought a few days in the Pyrenees, then up the western flank of the French Alps - Vercors, etc.

Any thoughts folks.

PS, Im not new at this but havent ridden in France or Spain for more than 10 years!

84 Honda XL600R  :)

04 TDM900  :good:

21 KTM 790 Adventure  ;)

#2 JBX

JBX

full o shoite

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 2,206 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 01 June 2018 - 05:30 pm

The Vercors area is one of my favorite playgrounds - one of the most beautiful mountain area in France, but not that high.

If you plan to go there, I might be able to join and show you some nice twisties or if not, I may give you some direction advices.

Drop me a pm when you'll be there.   :)

Edited by JBX, 01 June 2018 - 05:31 pm.

top_640.png

#3 James

James

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 02 June 2018 - 04:44 pm

Sure thing JBX, it’d be a pleasure.

84 Honda XL600R  :)