4 replies to this topic

#1 Talltom87

Talltom87

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 04 September 2018 - 08:19 pm

Hi guys, first of all, Id like to say thank you for all your help! Putting up with my endless restoration kinda project and secondly, Id like to say goodbye!

I wont keep it short, as most of you may know! Haha.

I loved the tdm, so much! It was sad to see it leave in a van! I got it running really nice, looking close to how I wanted it. I fitted a single 7 led headlamp and it ruined it! Dont do it guys!! Get decent twin lamps if youre chopping it up! I was close to sorting the rear fairing out, needed sanding down and painting.

But, I fell in love with a zx7r, after seeing it on eBay! I went to view it, I was too big for it!!! :(
But then, out of nowhere, I came across a Zx9r 2001, £1,500 with 37,000 on the clock! Tested it, loved it and bought it there and then!
I sold the tdm a couple of days before, 56,000m, all the bits and bobs I had left and old forks. No one wanted it for £750!! I suppose an original one, with that mileage could only just reach that price!? I got rid of it for £500! I didnt expect much more than £300, to be honest. But, never the less, I was sad to see her go!
Someone has got a good solid machine there!
Just looked like crap. Haha.

Anyway, thank you all so much! I wont delete my account, I would like to think I could help out others in some way or another!! Haha

Cheers guys, sorry for the loss of one of your great friends!

Tom.

#2 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,757 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 07:38 am

fook me Tom :huh: someone bought it  :D 

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#3 Nog

Nog

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 05 September 2018 - 08:19 am

The old ZX's are great bikes.  Used to have a ZX7R and loved it, in fact that was my bike before I got the TDM.

That era of sports bikes were still nice to ride on the road and actually quite comfy, although I found my knees were starting to suffer which is the reason for the move to the TDM.

Agree about the twin lights on a TDM too - I didn't like mine with a single light, so went to a twin setup (upside down shroud on 850 lights).

MHcnw9y.jpg?1

0z0eFM4.jpg?1

Anyway, enjoy the ZX9R :)

#4 Talltom87

Talltom87

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 07:01 pm

fook me Tom :huh: someone bought it  :D 

Just dont mention anything if you see it again on this forum!! ;) haha good working bike, looks are deceiving!! Haha

The old ZX's are great bikes.  Used to have a ZX7R and loved it, in fact that was my bike before I got the TDM.

That era of sports bikes were still nice to ride on the road and actually quite comfy, although I found my knees were starting to suffer which is the reason for the move to the TDM.

Agree about the twin lights on a TDM too - I didn't like mine with a single light, so went to a twin setup (upside down shroud on 850 lights).

MHcnw9y.jpg?1

0z0eFM4.jpg?1

Anyway, enjoy the ZX9R :)

I couldnt figure out how to do that with the surround! So, I left it. Haha

#5 Nog

Nog

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:02 am

I couldnt figure out how to do that with the surround! So, I left it. Haha

Yeah it took quite a bit of cutting with a Dremel inside the moulding to allow it to slip over the lights.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users