19 replies to this topic

#1 JMC

JMC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 10 September 2018 - 08:46 am

While doing some gogoogling I spotted a TDM with a beak lol, anyone here own this ?

It kinda looks alright  :unsure2:

yamaha-tdm-850-1998-5.jpg

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
Hunter S. Thompson.

#2 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 10 September 2018 - 08:48 am

Love it :rotflmmfao:

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:16 am

What does it do?
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:42 am

I can't work it out either. I think the decals say Alp Roader? No idea about that either.

#5 James

James

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:47 am

What does it do?

It’s main purpose is to look ‘beaky’. Secondary use... add a doily and you have a cake stand.

It’s a sweet looking bike, beaked or not.

84 Honda XL600R  :)

04 TDM900  :good:

21 KTM 790 Adventure  ;)

#6 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:53 am

What does it do?

Takes the p out of beeemmtrubbleewe

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#7 JMC

JMC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:27 am

What does it do?

The higher (extra) mudguard is designed to keep sh1t off the headlight like the paris dakar bikes and the bmw GS type etc.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
Hunter S. Thompson.

#8 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,513 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:37 pm

Required by EU soon.
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#9 JMC

JMC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:41 pm

Required by EU soon.

On all bikes or just adventure bikes ?

Hunter S. Thompson.

#10 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 10 September 2018 - 02:47 pm

... add a doily and you have a cake stand.

Oi loike cake
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#11 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,163 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:26 pm

That's a smart bike  :badgerrock:

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#12 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,513 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:31 pm

On all bikes or just adventure bikes ?

Oh, cos they don't understand, the lot!
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#13 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:02 pm

Woody Woodpecker.

is it an illusion or is there additional venting / bodywork fitted just above the front winker?

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#14 JMC

JMC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:11 pm

Yep looks like there is.... rocket launcher maybe :)

Either way I like the look with the beak, fork gaiters and clear indicator lenses the owner has made some personal mods that look good

Hunter S. Thompson.

#15 James

James

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:34 pm

Yep looks like there is.... rocket launcher maybe :)

Either way I like the look with the beak, fork gaiters and clear indicator lenses the owner has made some personal mods that look good

+1 on the fork gaiters. They’ve been a standard fitment to all my bikes for years.

84 Honda XL600R  :)

04 TDM900  :good:

21 KTM 790 Adventure  ;)

#16 SingleCylinder

SingleCylinder

seems to like Carpe

• 77 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:45 am

Looks good

I'm not lazy, just energy efficient...

#17 jiff

jiff

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 11 September 2018 - 10:38 am

.........interesting possibility here.......of diversity of opinion

My inclination has always been to want to simplify and minimalise the look of my 4TX......
- leaner and meaner maybe (but naturally in a loving and gentlemanly way)

..................for instance, smaller indicators, short 2 into 1 exhaust,
rear mudguard pruned back to the level of the bottom of the (smaller) numberplate.....all done.
plus a fantasy (v. unlikely ever to be fulfilled) involving shortening the seat (never two-up)
and bringing the rear plastics / ‘aerofoil’ forward......etc
but I’ve compromised my aesthetic puritanism by fitting heated grips & handguards,
- something to do with cold fingers ......reality intrudes.

so the manifestation illustrated above seems to me rather too ornate and bulky.....
- overblown maybe (no offence intended)
though some of the justifications for it, as suggested above, may well be perfectly valid

Jiff

#18 JMC

JMC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:16 am

.........interesting possibility here.......of diversity of opinion

though some of the justifications for it, as suggested above, may well be perfectly valid

Jiff

Interesting indeed :) .....I ride a lot of country roads and have always had sh1te thrown up onto my headlight so I can understand the functionality of the beak

On my 4tx I've a headlight protector as in the pic below, this only saves the headlight from getting damaged though and I'd still have to give it a wipe once in a while but the beak in theory would keep the sh1te from hitting the headlight in the first place, but if you ride all good roads it's not worth the discussion  :lol:

2a4th02.jpg

Hunter S. Thompson.

#19 jiff

jiff

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 11 September 2018 - 12:05 pm

Interesting indeed :) .....I ride a lot of country roads and have always had sh1te thrown up onto my headlight so I can understand the functionality of the beak
On my 4tx I've a headlight protector as in the pic below, this only saves the headlight from getting damaged though and I'd still have to give it a wipe once in a while but the beak in theory would keep the sh1te from hitting the headlight in the first place, but if you ride all good roads it's not worth the discussion  :lol:

..........see

I’m a townie (actually city person, but, I hope, without the unpleasant connotations of CityBoy)
and clearly don’t suffer the muddy assault that Irish country roads inflict......
(have been known to do mileage though)

I guess ‘each to his/her own’
Jiff

2a4th02.jpg

sorry for posting ‘f*ck—up....hope those who can be bothered will decipher.......Jiff

#20 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,513 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 07:28 pm

I think the look of my new (Shh!) Honda Rebel would benefit from fork gaiters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users