17 replies to this topic

#1 frankiethecat

frankiethecat

arrived on last train

• 8 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 19 September 2018 - 06:26 pm

Hi All.

Sorry if this has been asked before but  l haven't found an answer with the search function.

I met some folks a few weeks back that told me there was a 2 into 1 option available for the TDM900 that made it sound a bit more prominent in traffic.

I have looked on the web and only found for sale options for the TDM850.

Is there a 900 version that I'm not finding or does the 850 version fit?

Yes, I know there are short can options available but would like a 2 into 1 if i can find it

Thanks in advance.

Mike

#2 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 19 September 2018 - 06:43 pm

I think your options will be Ixil, Mivv and maybe GPR !! not a common mod on a 9r as most go for 2 cans, previously had an Ixil on a 9r.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#3 jiff

jiff

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 20 September 2018 - 09:57 am

I know you’re talking ‘900’ here but the following might prove useful......

whoops!

http://www.carpe-tdm...608&qpid=361665

Jiff

#4 jiff

jiff

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:03 am

Attached File  5E8F7174-60D1-48AB-B8E9-D17B3CA360B2.jpeg   107.48KB   16 downloads

(continue to stumble over how to post properly)

Jiff

#5 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:35 am

Jiff thas a very purty lookin' zorst system.  yer boike looks mint.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#6 JMC

JMC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 20 September 2018 - 01:06 pm

attachicon.gif 5E8F7174-60D1-48AB-B8E9-D17B3CA360B2.jpeg

(continue to stumble over how to post properly)

Jiff

I'd say that sounds nice :)

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
Hunter S. Thompson.

#7 Apache

Apache

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:58 pm

Jiff thas a very purty lookin' zorst system.  yer boike looks mint.

Exhaust by OS in Stoke....favvers one of his

Edited by Apache, 20 September 2018 - 03:59 pm.

#8 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 21 September 2018 - 12:02 am

Exhaust by OS in Stoke....favvers one of his

ya had dealing with OS too 'Pache?

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#9 Apache

Apache

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 01:06 pm

Not yet but he seems capable from his online gallery.....might treat missel....had the current system 20 years / 120000 miles and there ain't much left inside 'em. Sound great but just starting to pop a bit on closed throttle descents. 1mm of throttle cures it mind so they could see me out...

#10 frankiethecat

frankiethecat

arrived on last train

• 8 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 03:17 pm

Sorry to be so long getting back. Thanks for the replies.

So not looking likely other than a custom build. Not planning to go that far. Cheers anyhoo.

Mike

#11 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 27 October 2018 - 07:02 pm

Have you tried Delkevic ?

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#12 td or sv? That is the question.

td or sv? That is the question.

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 111 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:28 pm

Sorry to be so long getting back. Thanks for the replies.

So not looking likely other than a custom build. Not planning to go that far. Cheers anyhoo.

Mike

I have an Ixil 2-1 on my 900 and I like it; came with 2 baffles, the bike seems to run better with the quieter option, which suits me.

I bought it a few years ago, I think it was from CZ Moto, price and service were excellent.

No idea whether this is still available.

#13 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:48 pm

Don't forget that if the volume is higher than stock it may well fail MOT (see previous posts) which I found out from bitter experience.

#14 td or sv? That is the question.

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 05:48 pm

Don't forget that if the volume is higher than stock it may well fail MOT (see previous posts) which I found out from bitter experience.

Mine has sailed through 3 MOTs (done in 2 diiferent workshops) without issue; pretty sure at least one with the noisier baffle fitted.

#15 frankiethecat

frankiethecat

arrived on last train

• 8 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 06:08 pm

Have you tried Delkevic ?

I have an Ixil 2-1 on my 900 and I like it; came with 2 baffles, the bike seems to run better with the quieter option, which suits me.

I bought it a few years ago, I think it was from CZ Moto, price and service were excellent.

No idea whether this is still available.

Thanks guys. Like I said, what I did was a general web search for a 2 into 1 system for my 900 but all that came up was an option for the 850 and nothing for a 900. I'll have another look at the brands mentioned but think if they existed would probably have popped up on the previous search. Only looked as I was told it was available and wondered why i wasn't finding it easily.

#16 td or sv? That is the question.

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 06:17 pm

Thanks guys. Like I said, what I did was a general web search for a 2 into 1 system for my 900 but all that came up was an option for the 850 and nothing for a 900. I'll have another look at the brands mentioned but think if they existed would probably have popped up on the previous search. Only looked as I was told it was available and wondered why i wasn't finding it easily.

I have looked through my old files, I have this:

And I purchased it from here:

https://www.rdmoto.eu/en/about

Unfortunately, searching the product code on both the Ixil and RD websites does not give a match, so I would conclude that this pipe has been discontinued - sorry!

#17 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 02 November 2018 - 08:32 pm

Got a 2 - 1 here:

https://japan.webike...ms/920/1002/mc/

#18 TDM4ever

TDM4ever

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 04 November 2018 - 10:18 am

I think IXIL is the only 2-in-1 system available for the 9'er.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users