#142 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 15 October 2020 - 05:26 pm

In fact if i recall only pushed mine with a long screwdriver...

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#143 NickEXO

NickEXO

arrived on last train

• 2 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:34 pm

Hi. Relative new 900 owner could someone please post a photo of where the fast idle plunger is located. Thanks.

#144 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 16 October 2020 - 08:00 am

Hi. Relative new 900 owner could someone please post a photo of where the fast idle plunger is located. Thanks.

Scroll down, Post 55, can be seen quite clearly Nick, and welcome.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#145 NickEXO

NickEXO

arrived on last train

• 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 05:48 pm

Thank you.

#146 malcopopolo

malcopopolo

arrived on last train

• 7 posts

Posted 06 February 2022 - 02:12 pm

Good Morning.

Did mine yesterday. The screws that hold the unit together are cross head, not phillips and are very tight. I rounded one off. Manage to sort it all, have replaced with bolts so you can use a small spanner.

Another tip rather than use a long piece of wood or similar to hold the tank up - I used a bun-jee cord from the tank bolt hole to the rear grab rail - perfect.

Thank you to all the folks contributing.

#147 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,433 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 06 February 2022 - 07:06 pm

Good Morning.

Did mine yesterday. The screws that hold the unit together are cross head, not phillips and are very tight. I rounded one off. Manage to sort it all, have replaced with bolts so you can use a small spanner.

Another tip rather than use a long piece of wood or similar to hold the tank up - I used a bun-jee cord from the tank bolt hole to the rear grab rail - perfect.

Thank you to all the folks contributing.

Think you'll find those screws are Japanese heads, JIS, and you weren't the first to round one off. :rolleyes:

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#148 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 06:36 pm

they can be uncommonly tight, on Moose's Niner, years ago, I had to remove both throttle bodies and pop them under the miller in a plastic bag and mill off one of the heads. even the shank was still quite tight in the hole. As I started the machine he said "you CAN put this all back together can't you ?" :rotflmmfao:

Edited by leehenty, 11 February 2022 - 06:40 pm.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#149 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 11 February 2022 - 09:24 pm

they can be uncommonly tight, on Moose's Niner, years ago, I had to remove both throttle bodies and pop them under the miller in a plastic bag and mill off one of the heads. even the shank was still quite tight in the hole. As I started the machine he said "you CAN put this all back together can't you ?" :rotflmmfao:

:rotflmmfao:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#150 Norwegian

Norwegian

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 February 2022 - 09:06 am

Well, don't just leave us hanging - could you??

2002 TDM 900 Red/Yellow Cocktail (it's yellow)., biggified some

#151 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 13 February 2022 - 02:50 pm

Lee can strip a tdm, throw all the bits in a box then put it back together better than Yamaha did, so the answer will be yes!

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#152 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,770 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 13 February 2022 - 05:15 pm

I'll stick my neck out and say that there's more than a good chance Lee could put it back together, probably blind folded with one arm tied behind his back, eating a cake with the other and even then it would end up shiney!

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#153 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 14 February 2022 - 07:49 pm

it all went back together fine. even made him a new stainless plunger pin, as the old one was squashed a bit by his mole grips. ChrisR's blue bike also had a stainless plunger pin made, now in AliG's possession.

Edited by leehenty, 14 February 2022 - 07:50 pm.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#154 Nig

Nig

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 07:43 am

Bugger - after lubing me plunger with Alu slip back in Oct 2020 all was fine.

It started again last night though - No idle up on cold start up.

Noticed that Guest ET photos have gone at the begining of the thread - are they gone forever??

Aluminium Welding with Parkinson,s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users