Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 133 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:34 am

Jono, that's this thread...
here's a pic of my car
Posted Image
Alright Brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. But lets just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer.

#42 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:56 pm

You were very lucky to walk away from that one with very little other than bruises, so now you do in and out the bluebells with the insurance companies.
Hope you are on the mend and the inlaw is feeling better.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#43 Stiggy

Stiggy

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 125 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:40 am

Nick (Oldgit) have you managed to sort your forks yet?

I rode into work this morning (I do 500 miles a week commuting on my 900 :-o ) and found I had a boot covered in oil. The LHS fork seal has failed and so needs replacing.

If you're not going to get round to doing yours for a bit, could you post to me and I'll return? Needless to say I will have to get mine sorted quick as poss.

Thanks
Chris

#44 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,085 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:05 pm

if one has gone do both at the same time, or you will be back quite soon doing the other one :)
Don't ask how I know this...
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#45 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• 1,183 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:07 am

Nick (Oldgit) have you managed to sort your forks yet?

I rode into work this morning (I do 500 miles a week commuting on my 900 :-o ) and found I had a boot covered in oil. The LHS fork seal has failed and so needs replacing.

If you're not going to get round to doing yours for a bit, could you post to me and I'll return? Needless to say I will have to get mine sorted quick as poss.

Thanks
Chris

Where are you Stiggy? I have one at mine if you need it.......PM me your address, and you can P-Pal me postage once I find a suitable container for shipment :good:

Don't get confused between my personality
and my attitude. My personality is who I am,
my attitude depends on who YOU are!

Skinny people are easy to kidnap.....Stay safe and eat cake!!!!!

#46 Stiggy

Stiggy

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:18 pm

if one has gone do both at the same time, or you will be back quite soon doing the other one :)
Don't ask how I know this...

Hi Lee - I always replace seals in pairs :) Genuine parts, dust seals and spring washers ordered and incoming.
There was a split in the LHS dust seal. I imagine water/salt has got in and corroded the seal from above (this happened on my Beta trials bike a couple of months ago). As it's been so wet, I hadn't noticed it until yesterday when my boot started slipping on the gear lever from oil being blown off the forks onto my boot!

Where are you Stiggy? I have one at mine if you need it.......PM me your address, and you can P-Pal me postage once I find a suitable container for shipment :good:

Hi Jono - PM sent :good:

Edited by Stiggy, 03 January 2013 - 01:22 pm.

#47 OldGit

OldGit

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:37 pm

Hi I was planning on doing mine towards the tail end of next week, Chris are you sorted yet, or can you wait a couple of weeks?
Alright Brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. But lets just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer.

#48 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,085 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:08 pm

Nick, everyone all recovered from the crunch in the cage ?

#49 OldGit

OldGit

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:28 pm

Yeah not too bad thanks Lee. I'm just dealing with recovery / valuation and injury assesment type things now.

Cheers

Nick

#50 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• 1,183 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:27 pm

I now have a package made for Shipping "The Tool"!!!! I don't know what Lee uses but i think this will do as a Re-usable package? I've still to take it to get weighed for postal costs, but should be this week! :good:

Attached Files

Edited by jono49, 13 January 2013 - 01:29 pm.

Don't get confused between my personality
and my attitude. My personality is who I am,
my attitude depends on who YOU are!

Skinny people are easy to kidnap.....Stay safe and eat cake!!!!!

#51 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,085 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:06 pm

I just use a cardboard tube but when It comes back I'll make one like that,it looks like it will work great.

#52 Stiggy

Stiggy

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:42 pm

Nick - sorted mine at the weekend. The hydraulic method worked to get the old ones out - so was no need to remove the damper. Biggest swine was getting the new seals fully seated! Need another tool for that job LOL :)

#53 OldGit

OldGit

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:51 am

Glad to hear that - I still haven't got around to doing mine :sorry: MOT is at the end of the month so need to get my finger out soon :um:

#54 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,085 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:42 pm

get a heavy 75mm bit of steelbar or a heavy pipe say 100mm long and turn down the end to
fit in the fork leg.
In my case I used solid bar. Bore it 50mm Then make an acetal tube 50mm outer dia, 43mm internal dia to fit inside the steel to protect the fork stanchion as you slide it up and down. A photo of my tools that fit various forks using one 'pusher'. You can make ally or nylon stepped rings to press in the seal and bush etc.
The dimensions are variable by whatever you can lay your hands on material wise, but the important one is 43mm for the fork leg.

Posted Image

Edited by leehenty, 15 January 2013 - 02:53 pm.

#55 OldGit

OldGit

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:53 pm

I've finished with the Fork Tool, amazingly my heavy handed approach to the job seems to have worked, who wants the tool next ?

#56 Luke

Luke

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:47 pm

Hi,I know it's an old thread, but is the tool available. Tried the impacter and broom handle to no avail.
Cheers
Luke
Fuel Cans, PCIII USB, Oxford Heated Grips, K&N Air Filter, Air Box Mod, Michelin Pilot Road 3, MRA Vario Screen, Scotoiler HRC, Givi Wingrack, Givi E52 Maxia Top Box, Givi E41 Panniers, Hagon Progressive Forks, Centre Stand, Bagster Tank Cover + Bags

#57 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:02 am

I am the current keeper of said tool Luke.  PM me your address and I'll get it posted to you.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#58 Luke

Luke

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:58 pm

Just seen the reply. Sorted, thanks.
Fuel Cans, PCIII USB, Oxford Heated Grips, K&N Air Filter, Air Box Mod, Michelin Pilot Road 3, MRA Vario Screen, Scotoiler HRC, Givi Wingrack, Givi E52 Maxia Top Box, Givi E41 Panniers, Hagon Progressive Forks, Centre Stand, Bagster Tank Cover + Bags

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users