#61 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,675 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:04 pm

Hi can any tell me what is the factory setting for the TDM 900 injectores when I brought my bike it was not set correctly thanks in advance

From the factory you could see C1 = 17 and C2 = 25, or C1 = 9 and C2 = 14, or both =11

The CO setting is set per cylinder because of the various small but important manufacturing and operating differences of the throttle bodies and fuel injectors. The CO adjustment is a small correction value which accommodates these differences, but only when the throttle is at a small opening and at fairly low rpm, once you speed up CO is irelevent because other operating methods are employed.

I always think of the CO setting as the equivalent of  the low air metering adjustment of carbs, which is only important around idle speeds and little above that.

You can safely adjust the CO settings but it is a good idea to keep the difference between the two cylinders the same. So if C1 = 10 and C2 = 15 the difference is 5 (C2 higher), so you could try to increase those values to smooth out low speed glitches by adding ten to each one, but again, keep C2 set 5 higher than C1, therefore C1=20 and C2 = 25

If they have been set the same and nobody made a note of the original setting, then the only way left is to put the bike on a gas analyser and measure and adjust each setting until the carbon monoxide level from each cylinder is about the same, at a speed of about 1500rpm

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users