20 replies to this topic

#1 Minty Hippo

Minty Hippo

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:36 pm

Time to part company with the 900 after over 6 happy years. 03 plate, 43K miles, UK bike, never really given any problem in all that time. Tyres are Pirelli Diablo Stradas, both under 1k miles. C&S ok.

Includes some extras that have proved very worthwhile having - Hagon shock, Heated grips; 1150 GS handguards; Givi wingrack 2; fender extender; Yam engine bars; Yam touring screen; 25mm Bar risers; crap flap to keep shock clean; Scottoiler. I am even throwing in El Burrito .

Bike is surprisingly fresh, although it has been cosseted in my garage. Ready to tour this summer. Asking £2200, would like to try to sell to a Carpe member before I put it on fleabay. Forthcoming Tiger 800XC forces sale!!! wub.gif

Keith

Edited by Minty Hippo, 28 April 2012 - 09:18 am.

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:43 pm

Aww minty boike looks lubbly, noice choice of replacement though. If the mkI was wiped form the earth oid gofer wan o dem too. Does that mean yer tekkin the bull off if only El Burrito goes wid boike?
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 Minty Hippo

Minty Hippo

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:45 pm

Oh I guess I could let El Toro go too. Will just need to go back to spain to collect some more stickers.

#4 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:23 pm

yep thas alotta boike and extras fur de money, i had a sit on it a couple of years ago and it's well set up for long distance comfort. Good luck with the new Triumph Keith.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#5 RSRocket

RSRocket

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 991 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:37 pm

Go on break it fer spares why doncha ? tongue.gif Only jealous, Noice bike, what ya reckon to the Hagon and was it just the standard rep? Good Luck wid the sale and keep posted.
24 Hours in a Day, 24 beers in a tray !

"I think the firing orders wrong! : ) "
"I do it with Twins"

Lone Wolf Rider

#6 Zigo85

Zigo85

discovering Carpe

• 17 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:14 pm

Hi.

If you want to sell some bits of it, Im interested in a Wingrack.

Ceers

Peter

#7 Minty Hippo

Minty Hippo

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:23 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Sun 15th Apr 2012, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yep thas alotta boike and extras fur de money, i had a sit on it a couple of years ago and it's well set up for long distance comfort. Good luck with the new Triumph Keith.

Thanks Ken, you will need to come up and give it try! When I actually get it that is.

QUOTE(RSRocket @ Sun 15th Apr 2012, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Go on break it fer spares why doncha ? tongue.gif Only jealous, Noice bike, what ya reckon to the Hagon and was it just the standard rep? Good Luck wid the sale and keep posted.

Cheers, Hagon is their standard jobby but was def an improvement on a tired OE item. The adjustment is much easier and the ride is better.

QUOTE(Zigo85 @ Mon 16th Apr 2012, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi.

If you want to sell some bits of it, Im interested in a Wingrack.

Ceers

Peter

Might consider putting the OE rack and 'cators back on - but Unman and Wittering are ahead of you in the queue.

#8 paddy900

paddy900

roondaboot

• 1,246 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:54 pm

I would be interested in the Yamaha engine bars if you were selling blush.gif

Thanks dablik

Edited by paddy900, 16 April 2012 - 07:40 pm.

2003 TDM900 in Yellow....Best Colour, Fender extender, Oxford Heated Grips, Givi luggage, Mirror extenders, GS1150 Handguards, Matching seat cover, Belly Pan, R&G crash bungs, Touring screen, Meta alarm, K&N Air Filter,
Centre Stand, Scottoiler,Carbon Cans......really loud, Stainless steel Rad Guard, 12v Accessory socket,

Join us on Facebook

#9 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:04 pm

QUOTE(paddy900 @ Mon 16th Apr 2012, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would be interested in the Givi engine bars if you were selling blush.gif

Paddy there not Givi engine bars fella,,,, yammy ones.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#10 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:12 pm

Bunch of Vultures!

#11 paddy900

paddy900

roondaboot

• 1,246 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:41 pm

QUOTE(catsbum @ Mon 16th Apr 2012, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bunch of Vultures!

No harm in asking rotflmmfao.gif
2003 TDM900 in Yellow....Best Colour, Fender extender, Oxford Heated Grips, Givi luggage, Mirror extenders, GS1150 Handguards, Matching seat cover, Belly Pan, R&G crash bungs, Touring screen, Meta alarm, K&N Air Filter,
Centre Stand, Scottoiler,Carbon Cans......really loud, Stainless steel Rad Guard, 12v Accessory socket,

Join us on Facebook

#12 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:25 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Sun 15th Apr 2012, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wifgeni.gif I think that's a bangin price as Wicki say's,,,,,,,,consider it has new tyres and a Hagon plus the extra extra's tup.gif if i did'nt have one just like it would be mine,,,,good luck Minty, thats a winner..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#13 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:17 pm

Can I have the framed picture of you in the mirror? wub.gif

Might see you on the dark side sometime - a Tigger8 would be my next choice.........................................

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#14 scotsy

scotsy

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 117 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:48 am

As some may know i was knocked off Chris's old TDM at end of March and its all being sorted as the other driver and his insurance co. have admitted full liability etc but there was a clerical delay in getting their engineer (and easter weekend) to confirm it as a write off.

When i saw this bike come up for sale i was eager for the nod from the ins so i could contact the seller with a view to replacing the 850 with this nice looking 900 but I'm still waiting for conformation before i can go ahead, its very frustrating as most of the members comments point to this being a good bike to buy but knowing the luck i've been having lately it'll get sold a day or two before i get clearance Doh!!!

Ian (i also visit Edinburgh a couple of times a week in a crafter van too)

#15 Ken737

Ken737

arrived on last train

• 8 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:53 am

Hi there. At last I've been able to join the forum! Having owned previously a TRX 850, and just sold my VFR 750, I'm looking for a TDM 900, and yours could be it! I'm just over in Troon, and am looking to buy as soon as possible, cash waiting, no trade in etc etc. Could you please get in touch whenever possible? Best wishes, Ken. PS Bike recommended by Dappers!

#16 SelinaXC

SelinaXC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:14 pm

QUOTE(Minty Hippo @ Sun 15th Apr 2012, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Forthcoming Tiger 800XC forces sale!!! wub.gif

Congratulations, hope you love yours as much as I love mine Keith!
Tiger 800XC in black & WR400F rider, cohabiting with two TeDiuMs, a Mk1 and a Mk3.

#17 Minty Hippo

Minty Hippo

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:27 pm

Deposit now taken, thanks Ian. NB Ken737 has 2nd dibs if Scotsy changes his mind.

Edited by Minty Hippo, 24 April 2012 - 05:32 pm.

#18 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:49 pm

Well done. Peas post oop new boike piccies when yar snorted Minty. Sat on one at Prescott and made some vrum vrumm noises. Lubbly.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#19 Minty Hippo

Minty Hippo

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:10 am

QUOTE(dapleb @ Tue 24th Apr 2012, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well done. Peas post oop new boike piccies when yar snorted Minty. Sat on one at Prescott and made some vrum vrumm noises. Lubbly.

Will do. I now have the choice of a 1 yr old 5k miler or a brand new one. Choice, choices......

Anyway El Burrito has now gone to a good new home, lovely to meet Scotsy yesterday who relieved me of most of the goodies as well.

#20 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:25 am

QUOTE(Minty Hippo @ Sat 28th Apr 2012, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will do. I now have the choice of a 1 yr old 5k miler or a brand new one. Choice, choices......

Anyway El Burrito has now gone to a good new home, lovely to meet Scotsy yesterday who relieved me of most of the goodies as well.

I's a sit on the white 800 at Two Thugs last weekend - not the XC - fancyable machine!

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users